[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would WWII be avoided if the USA didn't get into WWI? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Would WWII be avoided if the USA didn't get into WWI? I mean, it would be only a political/territorial war, and not ideological (Democracy vs Monarchy). If the USA hadn't intervened in Europe's war, it would probably continue to be a bunch of empires and kingdoms, and with Austria, Germany and Russia being governed by strong moral figures the Bolsheviks would find a lot more trouble in seizing power, and so would Hitler and Mussolini.
>>
Lol, USA wasnt that influencial by that time.
It was strong and the first superpower or near to be yes, but Europeans still didint give lots of shits about them.
>>
>>1667709
The major causes for WWII were the human devastation of Europe and economic troubles, particularly the Great Depression. The compounded effects of those two factors, human and economic destruction, on Russia, Germany, etc. is what helped idealist demagogues to take power there, not the United States' intervention.

Did the idea of the great war being an "ideological war" between Democracy and Autocracy even exist at that time in Europe? I'm pretty sure it may have been part of US propaganda but that's about it.
>>
>>1667727
You can notice that before WWI the tradicional monarchies were way more influential. When the USA intervenes and ends the war decisevily they, as the winners, tell the story with a lot of propaganda. And then the Austro-hungary empire is dissolved, Austria, a country that was one of the greatest european nations in all terms is simply reducted to its modern size and states that are no nations like Yugoslavia are created instead. Democracy took all Europe, and it may be explained by USA's influence as the winner.
>>
>>1667709
the nsdap rapidly went from <3% levels of public support to >35% when the great depression hit. the party itself did not change: it's the economic catastrophe that caused people to give up on the weimar democracy and turn to parties of the extreme left and right. even if you accept the premise that the german monarchy would have survived the end of ww1, at that point any "moral strength" it might have possessed was already in tatters. remember that the kaiser was deposed by a revolution, not the americans. what makes you think these crumbling monarchies would have survived the great depression and the rise of nazism?
>>
>>1667709
WWII wouldn't happen if people wouldn't "appease" Germans.

In the end French and Belgians ended up having to rebuild what was once economic centre of their country while German government did everything, including sabotaging its own economy to avoid payments.
>>
>>1667727
>>1667808
If the USA didnt exist, there would be no Great Depression and thus no nazism
OP is right, WW2 wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for the USA
>>
>>1667825
a bleu bleu bleu
>>
>>1667875
well yes if the entire american continent was underwater so that columbus would have just died in the middle of the ocean then i'm pretty sure ww2 would not have happened.

who knew the true culprit was plate tectonics the whole time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.