[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm trying to come up with a unified theory of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (148KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
148KB, 236x236px
Hey guys, I'm trying to come up with a unified theory of religion. Regardless of your personal beliefs, please treat this as an academic though experiment in the creation of an engaging fiction, I will not be preaching this as fact.

As in any religion, there first must be God. God has three parts, which might be likened to the Father, the Son, and the Spirit of Christianity. There is the part which is God and god, which is God and Man, and which is God and existence. The names for God and god, the Father, might be YHWH or Allah. The names of the Word might be Christ or Buddha. The Spirit could be named Brahman or Olodumare. The name for the three parts in totality may not be uttered by mortal tongue, but has the meaning of "I am".

Every mortal is a part of the Spirit, which is all that exists. If you lay a blanket on the ground flat and then take up a bit of it into your hand forming a pocket, the pocket is the soul, or Atman, and the blanket is the Spirit. It is possible to become so enlightened that upon death, the pocket is smoothed out, as all of the wrinkles of life are removed. It is also possible to become so divine that, while living, you become one with the Word, as did Jesus of Nazareth and Siddharta Guatama, though this is far more difficult. It is not possible to be one with the Father.
>>
The creation of souls is caused by disruption, as is all disorder. This disruption is caused by Satan, who is a Demiurge created by the Father. This is the youngest Demiurge, but the eldest is Lucifer, who answered the call at the beginning of "Let there be light" and creates non-living firmament. Creating disorder and existence is his sole job of the demiurges, though they may do it in many ways. All of the Demiurges, although they were created by the Father, are in opposition to the Spirit, for the Father is concerned with creation and the Spirit with cessation. Both may be desirable to man, but in the time of living, it is the Word which is most important. The Word is what governs the chaos of life with a tolerable semblance of order, and it is the Word from which comes the concept of Good. Thus, the Word is also the Law.

I have spoken already of the foundational being of the world, with three facets and seven names but only one being, and of the Demiurges. Next, then, the created.

First, the tribes of Subjects. These are the Angels, the Fae, and the Demons, who are created by Lucifer, Gaia, and Satan, respectively. Their lives rarely intersect with those of mankind, as they live primarily inside of their creators. The Jinn of Atar behave somewhat differently, and others are rarely seen.

Besides these, there are the lesser gods, who are by nature finite. These are the gods that procreate and stem from single heads, such as Odin, Thor, and Osiris. Their seed is the origin of human ethnicity, and without their influence, all of humanity would be identical, except for gender which was created by Luna, another demiurge.
>>
Below the gods are men who achieved greatness, including great Heroes such as Gilgamesh and Sundiata, demigods like Herakles or Madurai Veeran, and Saints.

Below them are the living things, with which you are familiar. These include humans, plants, and animals.

Below the living things are the unliving things.

In general the magnitude of an individual's soul is greatest gods, then for the living, and then the unliving, but there is a great difference which comes from wisdom (and wisdom comes with age as well as prayer/meditation). The greatest souls are those of huge and ancient trees, which spend all of their time in meditation and prayer. After these are wise men and lesser trees, and after them are humans, cattle, and spiders, and below them are the other animals and traitors. However, these categories are also not absolute and there is variation within them.
>>
Well, that's what I've got so far. Is there anything major that I failed to account for?
>>
>>1660387
>I'm trying to come up with a unified theory of religion
how about just admitting that you don't know? why are people so desperate at pretending to know shit they couldn't possibly know.

besides, "unifying" religion is just another religion... if you're lucky enough to get the numbers. if not it's just another fever dream.
>>
>>1660423
For fun, mate.
>>
>>1660424
it's all fun and games until people start dismembering each other.
>>
File: 1473003486799.jpg (137KB, 500x750px)
1473003486799.jpg
137KB, 500x750px
>>1660387
You might as well make your own super hero.

Maybe some kind of minority, african american even. Not many guys have electric powers so that could be cool. Im sure this idea hant been done before, you will probably have your own cinematic universe in a couple years.
>>
>>1660387
really needs some flood myth m8. the purpose of meditation is solely to be quiet so we aren't too loud and anger Enlil, causing another worldwide flood, being synonymous with chaos. so too much noise will cause the Great Rip, tearing apart everything down to subatomic particles
>>
Bump for a good thread. OP should include more paganism in, to be honest.
>>
>>1660387

>As in any religion, there first must be God.

Several major religions have no god.
>>
>>1661044
Name one that isn't just glorified philosophy.
>>
>>1661055

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontheistic_religions

>just glorified philosophy

Explain why religions that do have a god don't count as glorified philosophy.
>>
Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>1661067
Because God can't be explained by mere philosophy so religions goes beyond mortal fantasies into the realms of the transcendental truth.
>>
>>1661075

>God can't be explained by mere philosophy

That's definitely wrong.
>>
File: Plotinus-262.jpg (28KB, 320x490px) Image search: [Google]
Plotinus-262.jpg
28KB, 320x490px
>>1661075
Here's the philosopher that taught the monotheists "how to God."

Stop reading fiction.
>>
>>1661084
Yeah! It is wrong because philosophy explained God so much and everything. You people know nothing.
>>
>>1661092

God isn't a very complicated philosophical topic. It's pretty obvious what's going on when people repeatedly and independently through separate cultures have the same idea to explain things they don't understand in terms of a magical anthropomorphic actor. What causes lightning? Must be a magic man in the sky throwing bolts down like spears. What causes earthquakes? Must be a magic man inside the Earth getting angry and thrashing around. What caused the universe to begin? Must be a magic man who created everything. Anthropomorphism is too obviously a product of man's attempt to fill in gaps of knowledge with the behavior of other invisible men? Let's change the magic man to a vague magic spirit idea to evade that criticism. And continue making the idea vaguer and less literal as new discoveries are made and new criticisms are raised so it can continue existing within the unfalsifiable confines of whatever ignorance about the world is left.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.