[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the year 3000 how do you think people will look back at us?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 613_001.jpg (75KB, 388x565px) Image search: [Google]
613_001.jpg
75KB, 388x565px
In the year 3000 how do you think people will look back at us?

We'll be one of the first millenniums to have the ability of storing photographic and video data for hundreds of years. It'll be insane in even 100 years
>>
is that book good anon
>>
>>1659063

>what? They didnt even have glarbostunks?

>they did that? Well, you cant judge them too harshly, they were a pre-bregorshnakian society anyway

>and if you didnt have money, you would not be able to buy food! That's right, by the turn of the millenia, food was still not socialized

>what are these doctors? They protected them from what? Death? Whats that?
>>
Are any diary's, personal accounts etc from early times in history written by fairly common people?
There's tons from the Romans and Greeks but not much from times like 800 - 1000 AD. It's like a bunch of people forgot how to write , or maybe the Roman/Greek literature was better preserved or is more looked over across the centuries.
>>
>>1659063
they wont
>>
>1000 years from now people will laugh at that cringy thing you posted that one time
>>
>>1661040
>etched in stone
>>
>>1661053
>>
>>1661059
and when it rains and you drown in the depth of those footsteps it shall be no hand of mine waiting to pull you out
>>
>>1659063
The problem is digital storage isn't as long lasting as traditional means, unless things are copied from archaic system to new system

I mean everything from 2000-2006 in my family is "saved* on scratched up DVDs that no one has bothered to copy over

I'm not even certain my parents have a computer that's not in a box with a DVD drive

If something slightly cataclysmic happens, and no one remembers to transfer the cloud, it's entirely possible there will be few to no traces of our culture beyond some week preserved brutalist architecture
>>
>>1659152
The focus changed. Greeks and Romans were highly creative. Not to say the middle age writers weren't, but the focus largely changed from a somewhat personal and secular one to one dominated by religious discussion, (often shoddy) historical documentation and folklore.

Basically they weren't writing about themselves as much.

We don't have much from the classical plebs anyways, the writing we have next was hardly when by "common people"
>>
Most of our information won't remain.
Most of our data (texts and photos) are stored digitally, and will degrade rapidly. Servers will be wiped and replaced with new stuff, harddrives will deteriorate and be recycled (physically). We are basically the new Atlantis, all our "progress" will be lost, the internet will fall in disrepair and the world will enter a new Dark age.
>>
>>1662758
Old Atlantis was a myth.
>>
>>1663091
https://www.amazon.com/Atlantis-Ancient-Legacy-Hidden-Prophecy/dp/0738709786
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.