[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were race relations like during the Great Depression? Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 01_1239_bw_917.jpg (100KB, 1012x748px) Image search: [Google]
01_1239_bw_917.jpg
100KB, 1012x748px
What were race relations like during the Great Depression? Would you ever see an integrated Hooverville?
>>
I've got a picture of a Hooverville being broken up by police officers with black and white destitute on the same side in my computer. I'll try to find it when I get home.

May not answer your question, but it makes for a clear implication.
>>
>>1657309
Please find it
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>1657331
Give me like, an hour or two.
>>
>>1657361
Ok
>>
>>1657375
Here you go.
>>
>>1657568
A quick Google search is giving me a few references to a notable absence of racial segregation in the "Bonus Army" despite the fact that they had actually been segregated in active service. Thanks for sharing, anon.

I am also finding references to a massive Hooverville in St. Louis that was also racially integrated.
>>
>>1657591
Maybe people start feeling a lot more equal when they've got poverty and an common adversary in common.
>>
>>1657603
That thought had occurred to me, but there are also a few recorded instances of poor white folks turning on the black "Great Migrants" during the Depression, turning them into a scapegoat and demanding that they be given their jobs.
>>
>>1657715
Sad but unsurprising
>>
>>1657768
I suppose the purpose of the thread was an attempt to determine (in very general terms) how common >>1657603 was compared to >>1657715.
>>
>>1657150
>this photo
It wasn't even caused by the depression. It was a flood that sacked the town and the people are standing in a Red Cross Line for clothes and blankets and shit.
>>
>>1658731
Genuinely interesting to know, but I chose it because it was iconic and came up in a Google search for "race relations great depression"
>>
>>1658731
If this is true am I the only one who finds it bizzare that the clothes on their back are of a very high standard but they lost everything else which is important to their survival?

Not OP.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.