[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What time periods do wish would get explored more often in historical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: TToGW_cover.jpg (3MB, 1530x2046px) Image search: [Google]
TToGW_cover.jpg
3MB, 1530x2046px
What time periods do wish would get explored more often in historical fiction/science fiction/reimaginings/etc.?
>>
>>1655480
Zanj Rebelion in the Abbasid Caliphate.
>>
>>1655480
Thirty years war/1600s in general. maybe early 18th century since it seems to kinda be ignored despite Louis XIV doing fun stuff
>>
>>1655480
I'd like a video game sets in an alternate WW1 where France and Russia didnt fight and the european armies who did were half black
>>
>>1655480
Bronze Age Collapse
US Civil War
The Great Game
30 years war
1st century Judea (without focusing just on Jesus)
Russian Civil War
Hussite rebellion
Anything Byzantine related
>>
>>1655572
>US Civil War
>Literally the most overdone meme tier time period
Though you are right about the Byzantines
>>
File: 1472911542514.jpg (1MB, 1506x2573px) Image search: [Google]
1472911542514.jpg
1MB, 1506x2573px
>>1655557
Man I hope they make this soon
>>
File: 1472357388628.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472357388628.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>>1655686
>MFW my entire squad is full of sniper/scout cunts
>>
>>1655480
The Wars of the Diadochii would be a great setting for a historical drama tv series
>>
>>1655557
I've always thought an AC game set in the Balkans during the 10 or so years between the assassination of Alexander Obrenovic and the assassination of Franz Ferdinand would be make for a great setting. Especially if they managed to muddy up the "good guys and bad guys" idea with all of the political maneuvering and maybe putting you in the role of a Templar ala Rogue who realizes the dipshit Assassins are about to lead the world into ruin.
>>
>>1655725
For sure, especially with how everything on TV has to ape GoT. You've got war ad power and all that great shit.
>>
>>1655632
>Literally the most overdone meme tier time period

Actually no, Civil War is criminally underrepresented in videogames. I can only think of that Cossacks expansion and the Call of Juarez game which was shit, that's absolutely nothing compared to WW2 or even Vietnam, mods don't count.
>>
>>1655500
The Abbasid Caliphate in general, from the early political shenanigans to the court intrigues of later years, seems underused. The closest you ever get are allusions in adaptations of 1001 Nights.
>>
>>1657615
Assassins creed has en entire game set in the civil war
>>
>>1657623
Wait which one?
>>
>>1657615
There are a couple of History channel games literally called The Civil War. And also, Darkest of Days has a few Civil War level where you fight for both the Union and the Confederacy.

>>1657623
>>1657630
It doesn't. AC III is set in the Revolutionary War and that's it.
>>
>>1657623
>>1657615
>>1657630
Development of it was cancelled after Assassin's Creed became the most overdone series in the history of games.

As to OP, my nomination goes to any mesoamerican setting. Practically nothing is ever done with it, and when it is it has to shoehorn the conquistadors somehow (see: apocalypto)
>>
>>1655572
A semi Mount and Blade styled game set in the Great Game would be absolutely amazing. Emphasis on managing your men and avoiding danger, traps, and spies, trying to keep everyone, particularly yourself, alive as you navigate the petty politics of forgotten sultans.
>>
>>1658431
I was thinking about a combination of Ass Creed and MGS, but yeah that could work too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.