[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in Louis the XIV courts, they had no toilets >people were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: louis xiv.jpg (158KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [Google]
louis xiv.jpg
158KB, 721x1024px
>in Louis the XIV courts, they had no toilets
>people were free to shit on the floor wherever they felt like
>King Louis himself had a chamberpot, he would often meet guests while defecating into it. It was considered a great honor to be greeted by the king sitting on his "throne".
>they sat aside to store all the feces cleaned up from the rest of the palace
>once this room became so full that the ceiling broke down and all the content fell into the level below
>enemas were also a popular way to treat illnesses in his court, female courtiers would sometimes instruct their servants to publicly apply enemas to them

Tell me again how the present is degenerate and we are regressing from some great past.
>>
French nobles have literally never not been "degenerate", especially the Bourbons.

Still, most people who nostalgia over the past have no idea what they were in for.
>>
>>1653769
Thank god for the revolution
I know it was two Kings down the line but there is no reason for this shit
>>
Mostly nostalgia

Like how losers in the city think the countryside is some arcadian utopia where we'd accept their autism
>>
>>1653769
And rainbowfarts were the common kind of farts

Please give me some respectful sources for this claim. Otherwise, you may sound like certain youtuber
>>
he make poo poo?

wtf I hate monarchy now. Better exterminate an entire class of people, butcher thousands more, and start a European war!!1
>>
>>1654076
>spot the monarcuck
>>
>>1653769

"pajeet, mon fils" would make a great title for a book about earmy modern indo-european history.
>>
>>1654030
>sources
Not him, but I thought it was common knowledge Versailles smelled like shit and those people were disgusting in hindsight. Just google "Versailles toilets".
>>
File: download.png (8KB, 238x211px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 238x211px
>>1654076
>>1654108
>republicucks
>monarcucks

It's spooks all the way down, children.
>>
Le poo in le loo?
>>
>>1653769
>shitty republican propaganda
As bad as monarchism

>>1655631
"Just Google" isn't a source.
Versailles was pretty disgusting because people had a different perspective on hygiene and because it was crowded but we're far from the memes.
>>
>>1654108
Found the Jacobin
>>
>>1654076
The french vicotries of the revolutionary wars shows how superior a merit-based promotion system is compared to a class-based one.
Loyalists BTFO, someone please give a ferry suscribtion to Louis XVIII. Let's raze Lyon and rename Grenoble "Grelibre".

>>1656364
If anything, the fact that they believed that miasma entered the skin via the pores, and so avoided baths (that opened the pores) and put 2cm of make up everywhere didn't help their hygiene. Same for flea-ridden wigs.

Also Henri IV, despite being called "Le Vert Galant" (a.k.a. as casanova grampa) is cited as absolutely reeking by his mistresses.
>>
>Discussing poo and calling cucks eachother
This thread is literally /pol/ tier.
>>
>>1656532
>republics
>merit-based

kek
>>
>>1653769
But French were introduced toilets by Poles earlier.

>In many aspects, Polish culture had a positive influence on France. At Wawel, the French were introduced to new technologies of septic facilities, in which litter (excrement) was taken outside the castle walls.[19] On returning to France, Henry ordered the construction of such facilities at the Louvre and other palaces.[19] Other inventions introduced to the French by the Polish included a bath with regulated hot and cold water, as well as forks. Henri III (1551–1589) [...] he is widely credited for having introduced the fork into France

Why didn't they use it?
>>
>>1653769
>female courtiers would sometimes instruct their servants to publicly apply enemas to them
Tell me more
>>
>>1656560
They often deviate into crony capitalism not "merits" as this so called Jacobin claims.
>>
>>1656623
They did but it wasn't nearly enough in the overpopulated Versailles.
Water was a huge logistic problem.
The rest in all meme.
>>
>>1656546
LE POO IN LE LOO

OUI OUI OUI

WEE WEE EN LE LOO ADIEUX
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.