[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where was the Historical boundary between North American natives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: map.png (148KB, 1068x941px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
148KB, 1068x941px
Where was the Historical boundary between North American natives and Central American Natives?

Natives around Nevada look quite similar to Aztec in appearance
>>
File: topo-map-of-na.jpg (435KB, 990x739px) Image search: [Google]
topo-map-of-na.jpg
435KB, 990x739px
>>1652245
it makes sense topographically.

whole east coast was plain-burners, strippatch farmers using controlled fire techniques like the australoids, go c20~k years back to the great australoid empire which spanned from india to siberia to antarctica through both nth and sth americas, minus south continent east side, which was afro nigger dominant.
>>
File: Panem_-_North_America_Flooded.jpg (103KB, 664x501px) Image search: [Google]
Panem_-_North_America_Flooded.jpg
103KB, 664x501px
>>1652725
>>
>>1652245
Non-whites arent clever enough to have borders
>>
File: continent[1].gif (15KB, 650x420px) Image search: [Google]
continent[1].gif
15KB, 650x420px
>>
>>1652759
So Green and Blue is what we imagine when we say native Americans? The rest look like Mexicans?

Also the purple ones look Mongol?
>>
>>1652789
you're imagined natives probably look pretty different than reality. Most were mixed with europeans by the 19th century. Here's a pic of pretty dark (full blooded?) east coast cherokees and they look pretty similar to mexican indians to me.
>>
>>1652745
There were borders in some parts of Mesoamerica. The border between the Ēxcān Tlahtōlōyān and the Iréchecua Tzintzuntzáni was pretty militarized.
>>
Well what the fuck is a Central American Native?
>>
>>1653159
I assume he means differences between amerindians from the US vs Mexico+Central America.
>>
>>1652245
Culturally, Mesoamerica was divided from northern populations by the the deserts of Aridoamerica, though there was some trade across it into Oasisamerica. There was no such thing as 'North American natives', the modern US and Canada were composed of various and often unrelated cultures, like Pueblos, Mississippians, California natives, etc.
>>
>>1652245
Of course not. Native history in the American Southwest is intimately connected to the history of the Aztecs and other urbane Mexicans.

Pueblo Indians and the Aztecs are linguistic relatives, and these two settled peoples were separated by semi-nomadic tribes who also spoke similar languages. The Aztecs were one of these tribes who settled in the mountains of Central Mexico and adopted local customs.

Even Mississipian peoples around the Great Lakes had indirect contact with Mexico, as shown by the enormous amount of Mexican artefacts in Mississippian burial mounds. Extant folktales about "snake people" suggest that Plains Indians may have been aware of the Mexican city-states. And it's not at all difficult to imagine Mexican merchants or explorers traveling through the modern-day Midwest.
>>
>>1652245
There's really no difference. More northerly Natives tend to be taller and more robust, but this is due to diet and environment.

You're correct that West Coast and Southwest Natives often look Central American. Most Americans think all Natives looked like Plains Indians but that's just due to poo culture.
>>
>>1652836

Their faces are too Euro looking, the pure native faces are short and wide
>>
>>1652245
>>1652759
If I remember correct both Aztec and south western indians where related at lest linguistically.

According to Aztec oral history they where late invaders that adapted the local culture and the one theory i remember reading said that Uto-Aztecan people where the one of the last people that came over to the Americas.
>>
>>1652245
that's because aztecs came from around the same area, think aztlan
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.