[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does studying the History & Humanities in depth always lead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Mircea.eliade(1).jpg (12KB, 248x321px) Image search: [Google]
Mircea.eliade(1).jpg
12KB, 248x321px
Does studying the History & Humanities in depth always lead to a hatred of modernity?

Also what do you guys think of pic related?
>>
>always lead to a hatred of modernity
Only if you are stupid enough to get memed on like a pleb.
>>
It sometimes leads to an understanding of societies in relation to each other.

And sometimes it makes people think some other society, or their own, is the pinnacle of human achievement.
>>
Not to be a relativist, but it puts things in perspective. I no longer find technology and economic growth are not the most important things. I can appreciate societies that find fulfilment in other ways of life now. Another challenge is not to romanticize them though.

I enjoy Mircea Eliade very much. He is one of those people that helped me change my views of so called primitive societies.
>>
I like to think that I have a greater appreciation of modern luxuries, but I still take them for granted.

I do value the internet though, I think it is nice people from so far away can communicate.

As far as modernity, no. I hate normies, not the tech that distracts them. I hate them because they don't use tech to learn more about SOMETHING.
>>
It made me hate postmodernism, not modernism.
>>
>>1649129
It made me dislike most of my female peers because the majority of them don't know shit but are still given passes where I believe I wouldn't be.
>>
>>1650766
> I enjoy Mircea Eliade very much. He is one of those people that helped me change my views of so called primitive societies.
Ironically Emil Cioran did the same for me. Or at least made me start wondering along those lines. Once I found Eliade (through Cioran) I was pretty open to him.
>>
>>1649129
Not necessarily a hatred, but certainly a breakdown of the notion that we're the pinnacle of the human experience.

How you relate to that depends on your character.
>>
>>1649129
It makes u realize how people r different and have different purposes and serve In different ways and who u are as a person and what u love and are good at and can relate to and how people are equal and the same but at the same time different and unique and together makes the world go round
>>
>>1649129
yes, because if you have a base knowledge of humanities you know who is adorno and his works make you feel like an alien
>>
>>1650823
What he says. Modernity's cool in my book. post-modernism is just the worst.
I really like older societies and think we can learn a lot from them, but they were still human and flawed.
>>
>>1651096
incoherent New Age garbage
>>
>>1650823
sorry, postmodernity is a lie.

what does it mean? is it "post" because is after?
then modernity is postfeudalism

i stick with solid modernity and light modernity
>>
>>1651155
That will get you a BA here at in Aus
>>
>>1649129
some people study because of innitial distortions giving rise to misanthropic sentiment that turns a user to seek its causative beginning in reference to its determinative end
>>
>>1651171
That's just its name.

Romanticism could have been called post-neo-classicism and it wouldn't have changed anything.
>>
>>1651292

yes it would. if i think about postneoclassicism i think about not only something coming after neoclassicism, but also linked to it.
by the way your example is nonsense because we are talking about two movements of the same period, not two separated and consequential historical moments.
this thing is crucial, because it is about giving a name (and a meaning) to a period. it is storiographical interpretation
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.