[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a non/pol/ thread about African wars and dictators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: idi-amin.jpg (78KB, 400x527px) Image search: [Google]
idi-amin.jpg
78KB, 400x527px
Can we have a non/pol/ thread about African wars and dictators of 20th century?

What books about Africa can you recommend?
>>
>>1648617
WE
>>
>>1648625
Fuck you
>>
>>1648629
African history

>slavery
>tribal warfare

After colonialism
>slavery
>tribal warfare
>with guns

Not fuck off
>>
I have a bunch of books about pre-colonial African history and pre-colonial economics if any of that would interest you
>>
>>1648675

Even though I'm mainly interested in 20th century, that would be very nice. Bring them on.
>>
>>1648685
>disrupts conversations with pointless meme spewing
>calls other people reddit
>>
File: Benin_kingdom_Louvre_A97-4-1.jpg (2MB, 1550x1720px) Image search: [Google]
Benin_kingdom_Louvre_A97-4-1.jpg
2MB, 1550x1720px
>>1648683
"Great Benin: Its Customs, Art and Horrors" by Roth is a fantastic look at one of Africa's most remarkable and most developed pre-colonial political entities.
>>
>>1648683
Everything John K Thornton wrote is breddy gud. I find his book on Warfare in Atlantic Africa 1500-1800 to be the most interesting but he also has some books and articles on the development of Catholicism in the Kongo which ventures more into modern day politics

Also good:
Layers of Time: A History of Ethiopia by Paul B. Henze

A History of Modern Ethiopia, 1855–1991 by Bahru Zewde

The Kingdom of Kongo by Ann Hilton
>>
File: africa_war.jpg (1MB, 1280x4079px) Image search: [Google]
africa_war.jpg
1MB, 1280x4079px
Collapsed States: The Disintegration and Restoration of Legitimate Authority by I. William Zartman

You should probably look for a Rwandan genocide bibliography.

Pic related is from a /k/ thread, I'd go look for people informed on the neverending shitstorms down there on /k/ if I were you.
>>
>>1648786
That's not a /k/ thread, that's a /his/ thread.

If you want to read more about that stuff, Africa's World War, and Dancing in the Glory of Monsters.

Also, reading Imperial Reckoning: The Untold Story of Britain's Gulag in Kenya. Pretty great if you want to just get so freaking mad for 300 pages.

Also, not a book, but you should check out Idi Amin: A Self-Portrait. Great movie.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.