[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over the years I've noticed a particular lifestyle-trend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Over the years I've noticed a particular lifestyle-trend in contemporary american culture where typically someone will be born, work hard in school to get to a good college, work hard in college (for to learn a useful trade), and work hard in adulthood for their family, children, or their retirement. Why is it that people are only allowed to look at and understand themselves late in their life, when they're old and frail and cannot understand themselves as they might've had they not worked so hard in their youth? Is it better this way, or do you advocate a different lifestyle? How do you structure your life?
>>
>>1648071

Why are you implying that one can only "Look at and understand themselves" when they're not "working hard"?
>>
>>1648071
Because introspection in youth, when the brain is plastic and neurogenesis and gyrification remain strong, might lead to novel thoughts. Too much novel thinking outside a small elite leads to invention, and innovative thinking. Innovative thought begets more innovative thought. Pretty soon, everyone is creative and it isn't special anymore. The global economic elite have only just managed to restrain these dangerous creative juices of the American Empire. Thanks to their patriarchical care, we can live in harmonious peace under the Golden sun, free of the sin and burden of the now-unfathomable intelligentsia.

I am happy to be a drone, and I look forward to the 10% of time at the end of my life when I will be permitted to think.

By the way, Dawkins calls this, "fucking autism" where we only look at nature because it is shiny and pretty, our drooling faces visibly entranced whilst abso-fucking-lutely no activity is going on in our mind.
>>
>>1649812

>novel thoughts, invention, innovative, creative

please say something concrete about those things
>>
File: tip tip.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tip tip.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
>>1649812
>when I will be permitted to think
no one is stopping you.
Literally the only thing restraining you is, you, your own thoughts and ideas, your own limits.
You're the only thing holding you back....
>>1648071
>born
>do stuff
>die
>why lyke dis
I dunno, man, pretty deep thoughts you've got going on there.
>>1649812
>By the way, Dawkins
By the way, pic related
>>
File: 1 1.jpg (813KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1 1.jpg
813KB, 1920x1080px
>>1649959
>please say something concrete about those things
ahhh, but that would require him to think .
And he can't do that...according to himself.
>>
>>1649812
>and I look forward to the 10% of time at the end of my life when I will be permitted to think.

>I'm a dumbass because the MAN set it up so I can't THINK, bro. I'd be able think way more if it wasn't for the ESTABLISHMENT man!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.