[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This monumental event in true crime history took place a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

This monumental event in true crime history took place a little over 25 years ago. Can we talk about Jeffrey Dahmer and how he changed the way we view evil?
>>
He introduced the idea of there are ticking time bomb, everyday people in our midst. No one suspected anything. Everyone thought he was just a loner guy.

This and Columbine were monumental in shaping this paradigm.
>>
Extreme paraphilia with personality disorder. Is this the formula for evil?
>>
>>1648172
Not Ted Bundy? Everyone thought Dahmer was a weirdo, and he was even kicked out of the army for it. Bundy was seen as a great guy with a bright successful future in front of him; he worked at a suicide hotline, went to law school, and was consider to be a potential future governor.
>>
>>1649080
Bundy was the basis of the charming evil genius serial killer stereotype. Dahmer started the loner plagued with uncontrollable urges stereotype.

I read somewhere that during a high school reunion someone asked where Dahmer was and another person said "Oh, he's probably a mass murderer somewhere". So yeah, Dahmer exhibited plenty of warning signs but even Bundy's mother did not believe it until he admitted it to her in a phonecall just before his execution.
>>
ever read My Friend Dahmer?
>>
>>1651401
No, I haven't. Is it worth buying?
>>
>>1647853
What did Dahmer do that was radically different to other earlier serial killers? Sure he was gruesome, but most are, and he clearly had issues from a young age, he was an alcoholic when he was young, came from a broken home, played with dead animals, got kicked out of the army, all sorts of crap.

I don't think that really changed our view of evil, there'd been heaps of serial killers that fit this stereotype before him, and charming ones, flat out nutcases, all sorts of people.
>>
>>1652502
This. Albert Fish is a good example of a perverse creep.
>>
>>1652508
There's been heaps really, though Albert Fish was particularly perverted. Serial killers who mainly kept to themselves but are still kind of polite aren't rare at all, it's just as common, if not more so than the whole super extroverted Gacy sort of killer. There's been ones that were married with kids (Paul ozorgow), ones who couldn't operate sexually at all outside of murder (Andrei Chikatilo), the severely mentally ill (Richard Chase), career criminals (Richard Kuklinski, though most people who qualify as serial killers are gang related in some way), pretty much any stereotype or type of person you can think of has been a serial killer at some point.

I don't really get where OP was coming from with this.
>>
>>1652540
>Kuklinski

Does it really count as a serial killer if it was his job? By this logic soldiers should be serial killers too.
>>
>>1652574
Even outside the murders he committed for work, he killed more than enough people to be counted as a serial killer. He's spoken about going out and murdering hobos on his own volition at points.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.