[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard that this area declined as a center of civilization due

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: middle-east.gif (66KB, 600x414px) Image search: [Google]
middle-east.gif
66KB, 600x414px
I heard that this area declined as a center of civilization due to some mass drying event that made it less habitable. Is this true? I don't know much so sorry about the question if it seems dumb
>>
They sandnigs
T. Historian
>>
>>1643827
While the Middle East and North Africa are certainly drier and less fertile than they were centuries ago, the "decline" really has to do with the discovery of the New World. The ME was so wealthy and luxurious because of the Silk Road and being in the center of the East and West, so every body had to pass through there. But in the Age of Discovery, with the West getting all of the wealth coming in from the Americas and ships traveling from Europe straight to the Far East, there was no longer any need for the Muslim middleman.
>>
>>1643978
Yeah nah fuck off nigger. Civilization started there before a "silk road" could ever be thought of, and the silk road was made for trade between the middle east and the east, only after it expanded to include the west.
>>
>>1644116
Hen ever said Civilization never existed there nor that the Silk road being from far East to West for it's entire lifespan.
>>
once they had razed cities, the Mongols sowed salt in the fields so that nothing could grow there, whcih may contribute to the large deserts we have today

People blame Islam for destroying alot of literature, art and architecture, but don't seem to fathom, that the Mongols were a far more destructive force
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.