[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is religion really just a coping method for the abjectly poor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 550px-Religion_economy.png (104KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
550px-Religion_economy.png
104KB, 550x350px
Is religion really just a coping method for the abjectly poor and wretched? Or is it true what they say about rich men never entering the Kingdom of Heaven?
>>
>>1639589
>Is religion really just a coping method for the abjectly poor and wretched?

NO.

>Or is it true what they say about rich men never entering the Kingdom of Heaven?

NO.
>>
>>1639611
Calm down dude.
>>
>>1639611
/thread
>>
>>1639611
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1639589
Rich men can enter heaven, it's just more difficult for them as their possessions can act as an idol in their life. God could tell a rich man to sell his belongings and the rich man would actually/potentially struggle to let go of his possessions....all because the man would see all that he has, including all the conveniences that wealth brings which translates to a easier life, he would see all that and compare that to the enormous amount of time he has left in his life without all the conveniences, he would see how much more difficult life would be....eventually the anxiety would kick in and cause the man to hold onto his wealth, as if his wealth was his god, his idol, his savior.

Which is why Jesus advised and commanded, only ask for your daily needs to avoid the snares of the material world. To be a slave to dead things, things with no life, things that will suffer the same fate as the earth, which will be destroyed by fire as pointed out in the Second Book Of Peter (The sun will eventually scorch the earth), that's all morbid and an abomination.

How can you as a brilliant piece of work, with consciousness, essentially be snared and in bondage and a slave to something meaningless/vain? It's not optimal.

I personally struggle with this. There's no one on earth that I admire more than the ones who are impervious to the elements and life by way of their ability to be so mobile and peaceful by only owning the clothes on their back and maybe a backpack full of belongings. They aren't in poverty, but content.

There's no one I can't agree with more than the men who argue on behalf their belongings, they only know peace because they're behind wealth and act like anyone can achieve that wealth by simply pursuing what they love, when the truth is, what you love very well may not generate income so to speak, which can cause people to become depressed and angry because they feel lied to or that life is against them, so they thrive to be better slaves...
>>
>>1639589
seems to be one of many juxtapositional plays eminating from the greater ppp @ 50%~ relig and 50 non. sort of like an embodyment of "controlled" anarchy, dichotomies opposing, the sum of the combination greater than the parts, that which gives excess, to move forward, progress
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.