[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>uther pendragon cucks one of his vasals >in the story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (81KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 354x500px
>uther pendragon cucks one of his vasals
>in the story we are meant to root for the spawn of adultery
>later arthur gets cucked and this starts all the problems they have

Where the fuck is the logic in this ?
Why is adultery good in one insance and bad in another ?
Also isn't the story a christian story I don't get how it is acceptable.
>>
>>1638511
Merlin made Uther look like Gorlois, and Uther marries Ygraine afterwards besides, so it's all good.
>>
>>1638511
The author didn't subscribe to cuckoldry-based internet ideology, you're projecting it onto the text

>isn't it Christian
Sure, but it predates Puritanism by centuries. Medievals were pretty lewd
>>
>>1638516
I feel bad for gorlois he only tried to protect his wife.
>>
Being "the spawn of adultery" is not the same as committing adultery.

And no, it's not a "Christian story," it's a pre-Christian story with later Christian elements.
>>
>>1638524
I'm not saying its the internet ideology it is literally the definition of cuckholdery.
>>
>>1638528
Wasn't britain mostly christian by the time of the historical arthur ?
Also as far as I know christianity says that children can inherit their parent's sin else the whole deal with everyone inheriting adam and eve's original sin.
>>
>>1638544
Wouldn't make sense I meant*
>>
>>1638533
Yeah, but you are assuming that the author cared about it and deliberately structured the plot to illustrate consequences of it, and he didn't, you're just projecting your fixation onto him
>>
>>1638566
I might be a bit biased by modern religions but it just seems weird to me.
>>
>>1638528
>it's a pre-Christian story with later Christian elements.

The Uther committing adultery part is one of the later Christian elements. It was meant to draw parallels between Arthur and Solomon, who was concived when David did something similar.
>>
>>1638904
To add to that, the story with Mordred is also likely influenced by Solomon, whose habit for marrying many foreign women led to the split of Judah and Israel.

Although there is an earlier tradition of Arthur killing his son Amhar.
>>
File: 1386569910842.jpg (10KB, 257x223px) Image search: [Google]
1386569910842.jpg
10KB, 257x223px
Gawain was the best knight before those butthurt frenchies nerfed him in favour of Lancelot. Prove me wrong

Oh wait, you can't
>>
>>1638511
Typical Welsh I suppose
>>
>>1639260
How's it feel knowing your precious Gawain was nerfed so hard he doesn't even come in the top five anymore?

(Honestly, Gawain only became interesting after they nerfed him and started giving him anger issues as a flaw. Same with Lancelot after they nerfed him in favor of Galahad and gave him self-confidence issues.)
>>
>>1639338
>(Honestly, Gawain only became interesting after they nerfed him and started giving him anger issues as a flaw. Same with Lancelot after they nerfed him in favor of Galahad and gave him self-confidence issues.)

Here's your (You)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.