[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An entire generation of children are going to learn about World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 35

File: battlefield-11.jpg (94KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
battlefield-11.jpg
94KB, 1200x675px
An entire generation of children are going to learn about World War I exclusively through this piece of shit.

I hope whoever was involved with making this gets thrown off a cliff. There is a line between taking historical liberties and social irresponsibility and this is way over that line.
>>
you say that as if learning about World War 1is important or worthwhile.
>>
File: 936.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>1636251
>>
>>1636273
If you want a safe space then go back to fucking Reddit. Cool non-4chan filename, by the way.
>>
File: 1372843357301.jpg (17KB, 196x223px) Image search: [Google]
1372843357301.jpg
17KB, 196x223px
>>1636281
>>
Most people think WW1 was only fought inside trenches in between France and Germany

They mostly think it was just laying around in disease ridden mud year round and getting shot down when you even poked your head out

I doubt most people even know what the Ottoman Empire is
>>
>>1636293
That's because it fucking was? You bluepilled fucking idiot. I bet you think fucking blacks fought in the world war.
>>
File: 1345897888530.png (88KB, 298x332px) Image search: [Google]
1345897888530.png
88KB, 298x332px
>>1636294
>>1636281
Blowing your load in 2 posts.
You can do better, apply yourself.
>>
>>1636293
>Most people think WW1 was only fought inside trenches in between France and Germany
They didn't even get that right. France, from what I've heard, is going to be reserved for DLC. Despite, you know, suffering probably more than any member of the entente and being where most of the major fighting was.
>>
>>1636300
>hurr someone who cares about historical accuracy and thinks whites actually thought in the world wars just HAS to be trolling or racist
>I mean come on, it's 2016!
>>
>>1636294
>what are the harlem hellfighters
>>
>>1636304
There were colonial troops from Africa in action fighting for mostly the French in Europe. These people think that means it's okay for a game about a European war to be filled with them though.

Also, there were zero African German soldiers in Europe, so no, the OP image is not accurate.
>>
>>1636305
We get the picture, you're just going to toss out names of isolated cases of Africans fighting in the European theater and pretend we're retarded for thinking a depiction of World War I full of niggers is absurd.
>>
There's already a thread up.
Use the fucking catalog for once you mongoloid.
>>
>>1636320
Shut up cuck.

This is the fucking history board. We're supposed to be talking about video games.
>>
>exclusively

Do they not teach history in school anymore?
>>
Reminder that the Swedish (surprise surprise) devs claim the game is historically accurate.
>>
>>1636335
In most of the US, no, not really. Almost all of my historical knowledge comes from reading and learning on my own time, sparked by an interest in historical video games when I was little.

They did not even touch World War I at my school. It's really fucked up.
>>
>>1636344
Damn, I thought the poor quality of US education was all just jokes.
>>
>>1636349
He probably went to some inner city or rural bumfuck school.
>>
>>1636344
I think this describes a huge portion of Americans on /his/.

Age of Empires II was not generally historically accurate, but the campaigns taught me about things like the Hundred Years War, the Battle of Lepanto, and Saladin. By the age of 8 I knew what the Byzantine Empire and the Teutonic Knights were. The game took liberties but was never purposefully misleading, and especially not to push some political agenda.

Kids today that are like young me have nothing but this garbage.
>>
>>1636358
Actually, I grew up in a very wealthy DC suburb in Northern Virginia which is home to some of the most prestigious schools in the US.

Stop trying to defend your country's e-penis, this isn't /int/ and nobody gives a shit. Historical education in America is a shitfest.
>>
>>1636367
Kids today have things like Crusader Kings 2 and Civilisation which while they're both not super accurate, they're still great learning opportunities

Of course normie kids won't play them, but normie kids didn't play Age of Empires or Total War
>>
>>1636372
>your country
so you're just some foreigner trying to shitpost about america.
>>
>>1636382
Fuck off, retard
>>
>>1636390
No, you're the retard.
>>
>>1636358
>our education system isn't shit
>that guy just went to school in 90% of the country that isn't my cushy suburb
Great case you're making there
>>
>>1636372
>>1636398
I went to shitty DoDEA schools and learned this shit in class without taking any honors or AP. Shit, I think I learned this in late elementary/early middle school. Since I went to DoDEA schools, I had classes with kids from all over the states, and most of them already knew WWI and WWII shit when we were covering it. Stop assuming your shitty schools are the norm.
>>
>>1636251
I am genuinely dumbstruck that they made a black man the cover of Battlefield 1. A case of historical revisionism where they can actually target the minds of young people as opposed to a shitty textbook
>>
File: 1472672989394.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472672989394.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>1636505
Stop assuming your school is the norm. Step outside every once and a while and you'll see the average person is grossly uninformed about World War I. Most Americans know our Revolution, Columbus, the Civil War, World War II, state history, and (maybe) the French Revolution, and that's it. And I'm being VERY generous.

It's not like I have to prove our schools are shitty or anything, that's just well-known fact.

>>1636518
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>1636307
OP image is an american harlem hellfighter using german guns for whatever reason
>>
>>1636526
>Jesus fucking christ
Character models are locked at the moment, each class has a specific single model which is why there seems to be so many minorities. Final version will have a customiser so you can pick whatever race you like for your character
>>
US public schools are really like that? Not even touching on WW1? Shit we were learning that in eight grade

Anyway, not very informed about bf 1, is is going to feature the Balkan front? Because if it doesn't, and sticks a bunch of niggers fighting for the German Empire, we are entering new fucking territory of PC hypocrisy, real fucking new territory
>>
>>1636396
>>1636382
>americans

How does it feel to be a bad joke ?
>>
>>1636548
Eastern front is coming as dlc which will add russia. No idea whether any of the battles will be in the balkans
>>
File: down the hall.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
down the hall.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>1636281
>>
>>1636535
Cool story, shill
Still gives more importance to Bedouins and Harlem Fighters than France and Russia
>>
>>1636830
Yup, fucking terrible
>>
These threads are all b8, right?
>>
>>1636552
How does it feel to live in a shittier country?
>>
>>1636260
It's the most important conflict of the last 300 years.
>>
All this thread tells me is that you absolute retards think the other BF games are realistic.
>>
>>1636372
NoVa was a mistake. Literally a bunch of carpetbagging liberal retards living off of federal money.

>tfw I'm probably feeding your leech ass with my federal taxes
>>
>>1636854
That's not about full realism, but when the only WW1 product in a medium directed toward the youth make the black ratio of all armies high and put the emphasize on Bedouins and Harlem Fighter while leaving France and Russia out, there's a fucking stinking agenda
>>
>>1636854
The thing is, the other BF games are much more authentic (not 'realistic') than BF1. They have never been 'realistic' but BF1 goes much further away from the level of authenticity expected from a game in its series. Imagine if they made another WW2 CoD and 95% of all weaponry used would be bazookas, flamethrowers and MG-42s. There would be no K-98, no Lee Enfield, no M1 Garand except a sniper variant with a scope. The only planes would be Me-262s and B-29s. The only two tanks would be the Pershing and a King Tiger, usable by both sides equally.
>>
>>1636251
All I gotta say that the conversations I've had with liberals about this game have been pretty eye opening.

>You're just racist.
>Are you saying no black people fought in WW2?
>So what if it's inaccurate? There are other inaccurate games and movies too, stop bitching!
>Come on, it's just a game. Why do you care?
>It's geared towards American market. Who cares if it doesn't have Russia and Austria Hungary?
>The Middle Eastern part is actually very cool and badass, way more interesting that Europe. Haven't we had enough fiction set in Europe?

Funny thing is one of the people I've had such a convo with was almost foaming at the mouth over the inaccuracies of 300, a film based on a comic book.
>>
File: white pride.jpg (70KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
white pride.jpg
70KB, 800x600px
Oh look it's this autistic white people spergout shit again.
>>
>>1636868
Oh and the basic game would not feature someone like the Germans at all. Only Italians, Japanese, Hungarians and other powers for the Axis.
>>
>>1636871
Are you not white yourself?
>>
>>1636869
All of those are legit and correct arguments, except the last one.
>>
>>1636868
Only thing I needed was the first trailer, really.

>dubstep song
>epic assplosions, dramatic cuts and slo mo
>black people and muslims everywhere
>X-Wing tier dogfights
>>
>>1636869
Fucking racist. Who gives a shit about historical accuracy it's 2016 and we need to start adding disadvantaged people to games because the video game industry is full of fucking white dudes, it's completely white washed.

Society is more important than your little video games racist man baby and adding disadvantaged people will help society move forward. Go cry about it racist nazi.
>>
>>1636883
I honestly don't mind this being an action game, after all it is a BF game. My biggest gripe is the guns. Also the uniforms seem off (parade buttons etc.?). And yeah I guess the wewuzery is a bit annoying in terms of immersion.
>>
>>1636887
Adding minorities to a video game influences nothing in the real world. Also wanting historical authenticity does not make you a "racist nazi"
>>
>>1636881
Actually there's no argument at all listed.

>conservative agenda of 300, Xerxes played by a black guy, pulp meme shit everywhere
>THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

>blatant inaccuracies of BF1
>"Why do you even care? It's not a big deal."

There was a similar thread about the new History Channel's Hannibal that's portrayed as black and liberals sending people to /pol/ when they complained about it.
>>
>>1636891
Honestly, it's actually more offensive to have all these people of colour on equal grounds with the whites in the game in a historic setting, because no doubt some percentage of people are going to think that PoCs had equal rights back then
>>
>>1636891
There is literally nothing about the game that isn't shit. Even from a pure gameplay POV (all inaccuracies and political agenda aside) it looks dull as fuck.
>>
>>1636914
Why do you even bother with low quality pseudo-""""""bait"""""" posts like this.
>>
>>1636914
t. tumblr
>>
>>1636920
I think he may be right though. Inaccuracies and agenda aside, I've heard from people that have deigned experiment with it that its tanks are overpowered, and that the maps give in to too much "camping".
>>
>>1636251
>An entire generation of US American children
Who cares? They only know the first world war existed, because they second world war is called "second" world war.
Combine this with the attention span of a fly and this wont matter.
>>
>>1636903
This , I've had a discussion on youtube with some random dudes and they wouldn't believe me that there were no blacks in germany at that time . Around 5 people said to me "Germany wasn't racist in ww1 , only the nazis were racist you dumb cunt "

I nearly commited sudoku right there and then
>>
>>1636260
literally kill yourself if you think this
>>
>>1636948
It's actually fucking staggering how negrified the American media / mainstream culture is. I'm saying this as an European immigrant to the US, blacks are literally everywhere in the media despite being like 12% of the population.

I've even had a guy telling me that Cincinnati is "pretty much a white city", since apparently being 40% black is not black enough.
>>
>>1636948
Wasn't this why DICE orchestrated there being so many black soldiers in the German army though? In some vain effort to quieten everyone scared that they would depict WW1 Germany as Nazi Germany, so to counter that, they tried to portray Germany as freedom-loving, black-loving country, just to push the difference between the two.

Never mind that Hitler joined the german army because it only allowed german soldiers, unlike the austro-hungarian army.
>>
>>1636959
>blacks are literally everywhere in the media despite being like 12% of the population.
Yep, proportionally, their claim to being under-represented is largely a meme. Hell, for being only 12% of the population, they've earned such a ridiculous amount of oscars that it hurts.
>>
>>1636959
Indeed , as a european i do not see the USA as a culturally white country anymore , they're lost and not even due to 60% but purely due to popular hollywood culture
>>
>>1636962
It might be , it surely is an attempt to rewrite history on the altar of contempary identity politics
>>
>>1636863
what's the agenda? That swedes are anti-white?
>>
>>1636969
>>1636967
Yep. Fun thing is this media overrepresentiation has been reflected in public perception:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/4435/public-overestimates-us-black-hispanic-populations.aspx

>According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 12.3% of the U.S. population is black
>On average, Americans say that 33% of the U.S. population is black. In fact, a majority of Americans (56%) estimate that the percentage of blacks in this country stands at 30% or higher. As many as 17% of Americans say the percentage of blacks is 50% or greater
>>
>>1636980
How do americans don't even know the demographics of their country

is it because >american education ?

We all know common core is brainwashing but Jezus Christ thats insane
>>
>>1636988
Don't think education system is at fault, this is 100% on the media hammering this propaganda into their viewers' heads.
>>
>>1636251
>its the artists' fault society in general does a shit job at educating its children, we should burn all these books we don't like
>>
>>1636988
Kek. If you have the demographics of your nation memorized, I have something to tell you.
>>
>>1636973
>video games rewrite history
>/his/ - History & Humanities
I think I am done here, that was the final nail in the coffin.

Jesus.
>>
>>1637025
Not that guy, but there really is something wrong going on if Americans think their nation is literally half black.
>>
>>1637030
see you tomorrow :^)
>>
>>1637025
wel i know were around 6% muslim and thats not that hard to remember
>>
>>1637030
>no, mass media never change the perception of past events I swer!!!!

Leave and never come back, retarded leftard
I don't even think you're dimb enough to believe that, that's ptobably just bad faith on your part
>>
>>1637044
>one shitty video game = mass media
Okay
>>
>>1636927
*map

The map in the beta is very open and sniper-friendly. Shows how powerful rifles were at the time,. honestly.
>>
File: 1838.jpg (32KB, 636x697px) Image search: [Google]
1838.jpg
32KB, 636x697px
>video games
>>
>>1636251
I wouldn't care if they just straight up admitted it is pure fiction, but in one the developer videos they were talking about the game from a historical perspective and it made me cringe
>>
>>1636367
>Kids today that are like young me have nothing but this garbage.

You know everything is being based off the multiplayer, right? Nobody knows anything about the campaign right now.
>>
>>1636367
Well Battlefield 1 could have the same effect, it could get kids interested in WW1. They only have to open one wikipedia article to realize it was mainly trench warfare and there were only black people in the colonial forces, it's not a big deal.
>>
>>1636518

Are those drum mags...?
>>
File: Bergmann_MP18.1[1].jpg (869KB, 2400x924px) Image search: [Google]
Bergmann_MP18.1[1].jpg
869KB, 2400x924px
>>1637168
Yes? The MP-18 had them.
>>
>>1636959
No shit, a huge amount of American culture has black origins attached to it, especially the music. Blacks are the second largest racial group in America, this isn't surprising (Hispanics aren't a race by the way).
>>
>>1637388
Nigg....black gentleman detected
>>
>>1637388
Hispanics might not be but mestizos certainly are a racial group.
>>
>>1637388
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMVLLe91Bs
>>
I don't understand, if they want to make a historical game with soldiers from nations in them why are they not picking a more relevant setting, like the Burma Campaign in WWII.

That black regiment was a very small and irrelevant force in contrast with the thousands of Brits and French that fought in the Western Front.

As I said if they wanted the game to be multicultural they could have picked the Burma Campaign were you could be playing as soldier of the Indian army fighting together with Brits and other colonial troops.

But no I guess we need to have black soldiers in a WWI game for the sake of having black soldiers and so we can pander to political agendas.
>>
>>1636979
I don't know if you know this but in the social justice community "retaking" history from the white male establishment is currently considered a cause celebre. This involves emphasizing women and minorities in places where one wouldn't expect them to be, but as all things they take it too far which is where the resurgence of wewuzery comes from
>>
>>1636877
They always are
>>
>>1637112
>literally the second most famous FPS after CoD
>nah it's nothing put your heads back in the sand
>>
>>1636251
game is bs
>one man operating mg
>submachineguns everywhere
>semi auto rifles
>prototype guns are common
>speedster ft17 tank
>bipods on rifles
>tryhard political correctness

i want my bolt action rifle shootout man!
>>
>>1636251
Who cares about what kids think.
>>
>>1637444
kids are the future
>>
>>1636372

Agreed, I live in Alexandria, VA and WW1 was glossed over in the history classes. We also only had one day to learn about the American Civil Rights Movement. NoVa was a mistake, the money goes nowhere, schools are underfund, and the infrastructure was not built with sheer volume of commuters going into DC in mind
>>
>>1637439
You forgot how they left out 2 out of the 4 main countries of the war
>>
>>1637444
Kids believing bullshit will grow into adults believing bullshit
>>
>>1636959
Americans are cucks even by yurocuck standards

t. yurocuck
>>
>>1636518
>United Kingdom
>Not "British Empire"

Yep, triggered.
>>
>>1636251
Just like a generation of kids learned about ww2 from CoD and MoH.

>There is a line between taking historical liberties and social irresponsibility and this is way over that line
LITERALLY no Battlefield game has been even close to realistic. If you want a sim go play Arma.
>>
>>1636344
Arizona schools taught it. I have a feeling some people have selective memory.
>>
>>1636868
no they are not
>>
>>1637725
or did not pay attention in school
>>
>>1637460
>NoVA
>underfunded schools
You aren't fololing anyone here at this point.

t. actual NoVafag
>>
>assuming you can learn history from a video game

The kids were fucked to begin with.
>>
>>1637399

Ah shit you caught me. Whatever shall I do.

I hope you didn't take what I said out of "we wuz culture n shit", but there's a reason why people often state that when it comes to race America is black and white: both races don't really care about the other races and ethnic groups, at least in this country.

>>1637400
True, but most Americans don't even know what that is. It's a shame.
>>
>>1637889
Most of us are interested in history because we played history based games like AoE or Total war. Hell I can still name at least 10 roman emperors just because i read a little bit about every roman emperor.

Augustus
Tiberius
Caligula
Nero
Vespianus
Titus
Antonius Pius
Marcus Arelius
Constantine

Oh well only 9, might as well add Ceasar and Sulla because they were dictators and thus de facto emperors without a title.

Anyway what do you think will happen when kids will start search for WWI, will they remember the major actors, like I know velites were the light infantry, hastati medium infantry, principes the heavy infantry, triarii the elite of the elite and equites the noblemen on horses.

I doubt they'll learn about fucking christmas truce.
>>
>>1637403
>those comments

Holy shit.
>>
>>1636344
>They did not even touch World War I at my school. It's really fucked up.

The fuck are you talking about, what kind of school did you go to? This subject is most definitely covered in US public schools.
>>
>>1637967
You've never been to /pol/ i assume?
>>
>>1637944
>Forgets Claudius
>Forgets Trajan
>Forgets Hadrian
>Forgets Commodus

At least remember the basics m8.
>>
File: 1375915543756.jpg (73KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
1375915543756.jpg
73KB, 500x706px
Good news for Cavalryfags.

>The children of April 2016
>Soldiers were retarded in WW1 they totally rode horses into machineguns and just walked into enemy fire all day.

>The children of September 2016
>Horses were fucking OP in WW1. I can't believe Blacks had the balls to man machineguns where Arab cavalry could ride around cutting them down to their hearts content. They were imba. The only thing better than a guy on a horse is a guy in a Heavy Tank.

Pic related enough for the context of the post.
>>
>>1636302
>France, from what I've heard, is going to be reserved for DLC

That is fucking insane.
>>
Christ /v/ give it a rest
>>
File: every single day.jpg (9KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
every single day.jpg
9KB, 229x220px
>>1636251
>>
>>1636260
If you wanna learn about WW2, You gotta learn about WW1.

As a French marechal said, at the end of WW1, "This, is but a truce of 20 years"
>>
>>1638208
Don't forget the "Trench" map DLC, With the "Red baron" DLC too. And the "October revolution" DLC.

It might come out less expensive than Train simulator 2016 DLCs though, So there's that.
>>
>>1636344
>In most of the US, no, not really.
You should never use personal experience to classify or describe an entire country. The US is a massive territory filled with dozens of states and districts. Not every school system is the same.
>>
>could have had Lettow Vorbeck's East Africa campaign where Germans actually had black colonial troops
>nah let's just blackface all the other forces except the muslims (also fuck Indians)

Why oh why? Colonial uniforms were the fucking best. Actual Indian colonial troops would be so baller.
>>
>>1638208
Yeah, Russia isn't in the base game, either.
>>
>>1637944
Is that right? I was interested in history because I read history books and atlases. I can't think I'm the only one.
>>
>>1638208
That's been EA's (and mainly the video game industry as whole) MO for a while now mate.

>Make product
>Rush release with minimal content
>Then release DLC with the content people actually wanted in the game
>Maximize profits
>>
>>1636518
DICE has to be doing the racial thing to fuck with people. Along with the fact that the campaign is supposed to be about the black americans who fought for France.
>>
>>1638489
We can only trust Indie games now.

I remember Total war "Unlock by conquest" style, Hell, You could even alter some files to get the rest of the unplayable factions.

Rome II, Meanwhile "Pay for literally SPARTA."
>>
>>1638208
>>1638474
Imagine a game about the Pacific War with America as a DLC
>>
>>1638504
That'd be like a Gettysburg game with Confederates as DLC.
>>
>>1636526

I went to a buttfuck nowhere school and we did learn about WW1. Not that we learned a whole lot but we do learn about important historical events. Its just that the average person can't be arsed to learn more if it doesn't concern them directly; that's true no matter where you are.
>>
File: 1364312895184.jpg (138KB, 456x303px) Image search: [Google]
1364312895184.jpg
138KB, 456x303px
Why the fuck is it a videogame developer's job to educate kids on accurate history?
>>
>>1636344
They gave WW1 a paragraph in my schoolbook.
>>
>>1636869
>So what if it's inaccurate? There are other inaccurate games and movies too, stop bitching!
My response to this is WW1 is a clear exception. For the Western world, WW1 was an incredibly sensitive moment in our history and completely shaped Europe, for better and for worse. Even moreso than WW2. So much young life was lost in such a short amount of time and many consider it to be the biggest loss of innocence for the countries involved. And the most bitter and sad part about it was that it was waged over nothing and solved nothing, aside from igniting further conflict

People approaching the subject of WW1 do it with respect because of what it means. Twiggy little Scandinavian cunts using the subject as a platform for politics and corporate suits willingly omitting the biggest victim of the war, is fucking disgusting.
>>
>>1638588
Well what do you expect from Swedes? They last had a war over 200 years ago and lost it miserably costing them nearly half their lands.
>>
File: 1472840492234.jpg (1MB, 1506x2573px) Image search: [Google]
1472840492234.jpg
1MB, 1506x2573px
>>1636518
>>
File: 1472290321894.jpg (253KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472290321894.jpg
253KB, 1600x900px
also, reminder that the guy who made this literally said his main goal was to promote diversity
>>
>>1638696
It's a fucking video game loosely based on history. Battlefield 3 is about Russia fighting the US in WW3. You expect to believe that too? No one is treating a video game as fact. It's a videogame.
>>
>>1638741
you expect race baiters to realize that?
>>
File: 1472838962034.jpg (75KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472838962034.jpg
75KB, 960x960px
>>1638741

"i-its just a videogame!"

no, its propaganda. videogames are the largest growing form of entertainment today.

And you pointing out a game set in a fictional future compared to a game that lies about history in order to serve a liberal political agenda is laughable
>>
>>1638759
"i-its"

Why do you alt-right faggots always type like this?
>>
>>1638777

>point out the way I made fun of your lame argument is stupid

>call me the new liberal buzzword, alt-right

>completely ignore my entire post

not an argument. If it really was "just a videogame" then you wouldnt defend it like this
>>
>>1638777
>everyone who is against blatant SJW horseshit is "alt right"

Not even the guy you're replying to btw
>>
>>1636988
>>1637005
can confirm it's our media, bought and sold like a two bit whore.
>>
>>1638777
and dont forget about the pepes

pathetic
>>
File: 1472442960205.png (1MB, 2000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1472442960205.png
1MB, 2000x2500px
>>1638803
>>
>>1638806
>PEPE!

I almost choked from laughing when I heard that live
>>
>>1638786
mate I don't give a fuck about your /v/ bollocks, I just want to know why you alt-right people all type the same and act the same

you even have the same arguments

>>point out the way I made fun of your lame argument is stupid

I'm not the guy you were replying to

>call me the new liberal buzzword, alt-right

Don't bullshit me, you're obviously alt-right.

As shown through:

>liberal buzzword
>not an argument

>completely ignore my entire post

Evidently not as I questioned you on part of it. It will only take a second to answer my question. Why do you alt-right folk always use shit like "m-muh" and "i-it's"?
>>
>>1638777
They're also posting on some disgusting website called "Channel Four" which is cesspit full of manbabies masturbating to drawn character. If you want more mature discussion, visit our revolutionary subreddit.
>>
>>1636251
>black guy
>using a German gun
>holding a Dutch club
>with a cape
Wat
>>
>>1638836
>wearing Italian boots!!

BE LIKE MARIO
>>
>>1637944
ADD kids who buy battlefield yearly don't learn anything at all from video games.

This ain't forgotten hope nigga.
>>
>>1638859
>t-they d-don't learn shit!
>I-I'll say the n-naught n-word so I don't look reddit!

Fuck off. This is clear cultural marxism at it's fucking finest.

They are trying to subvert our white kids into becoming pacifist pussies who idolise niggers and vote for hillary.
>>
>>1638836
>Black man depicted as a thief
What's the problem?
>>
>>1638501
>sparta
>relevant during 270 bc

fuck off greek. Greece was an irrelevant shithole during the age of hellenistic expansion. They were only good for supplying colonists to the successor kingdoms.
>>
>>1638836
Alt-right anon

ALT-RIGHT
>>
>>1638836
>>1638850
Starting to get sick of EU's shit tbqh
Ever since Dragon Age with all their DLC pushing, and then changing assassin's creed's opening message to fit their pointless narrative

I just want to play good games
>>1638867
Not gonna lie senpai i did chuckle
>>1638878
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: nomanssky.jpg (312KB, 1600x740px) Image search: [Google]
nomanssky.jpg
312KB, 1600x740px
>>1638501
>We can only trust Indie games now.
>>
>>1638884
only the classics are worth anything anymore

I eagerly await the day Quake and UT4 are released, and the return of the Arena Shooter
>>
>>1638824
Holy shit /pol/ btfo
>>
>>1638924
you've never had sex before?

right? ;)
>>
>>1638759
>lies about history in order to serve a liberal political agenda is laughable

The developers never claimed to be creating a 100% historical narrative. It's ultimately about entertainment. Battlefield 1 is loosely based on the Great War with flavor elements added. You would have to be quite the fool to take anything from that videogame as historical fact. I've never heard people claiming Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam or Modern Combat was real or historical. If you want high levels of education, you read historical books not play DICE videogames.

Unless you have proof DICE and the video game industry is "propaganda" for whoever, we have nothing else to discuss.
>>
>>1638931
wow really makes you think

not an argument cuck.
>>
>>1638929
>trying this hard to save face

Stop making me laugh
>>
>>1636877
I'm Jew
>>
File: dice.png (586KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
dice.png
586KB, 900x1300px
>>1638824
Stuttering quotes are a meme way older than /pol/ you king sperg. Way to out yourself as a newfag, guess you're not really suited for this "sub".

>>1638910
I also feel like the entire videogame industry has went to shit. Poor AI, unfinished releases, heavy consolization, non-existent optimization, carving up content to 40 DLCs and you'll end up spending 10 times the price of the base release for a full game (whoever doesn't pirate is basically a complete retard at this point) and if that wasn't enough the scummy devs will cram their games with SJW content for virtue signalling and acting like their shitty product is furthering some imaginary cause.

I remember in the mid 90s there was one game that was significantly broken on release, Daggerfall, and it stood out so much people were talking about it for years. Nowadays this seems to be the norm.

>>1638931
>Unless you have proof DICE and the video game industry is "propaganda" for whoever

Pic

inb4 backpedalling
>>
File: 333 - Copy.gif (2MB, 408x225px) Image search: [Google]
333 - Copy.gif
2MB, 408x225px
>>1638943
>he's not denying it

;)
>>
File: 1459724310637.png (56KB, 326x185px) Image search: [Google]
1459724310637.png
56KB, 326x185px
>>1638588
>My response to this is WW1 is a clear exception. For the Western world, WW1 was an incredibly sensitive moment in our history and completely shaped Europe, for better and for worse. Even moreso than WW2

Horseshit. Absolute fucking horseshit. WW2 was a worse war by literally every possible objective metric, with much greater implications for the world and culture. Go ahead, look it up. Aside from gas attacks (and Japan might account for those on their own), WW2 saw more of the world ravaged, saw more soldiers wounded, it saw more soldiers killed for all nations involved, and it definitely saw more civilians killed and displaced.

And yet, literally nobody gives a shit about popular WW2 media being inaccurate. Inaccurate WW2 shit is a-okay, and has been accepted in popular media since the 1950s despite being "revisionism". After seeing these threads, I've become convinced that people were just looking for a reason to be mad at this game.
>>
>>1638931
>The developers never claimed to be creating a 100% historical narrative.

Yes they did. Berlin said the whole point of the game was to show brown people and promote diversity. But instead of showing actual battles with them, they made up bullshit, like a bunch of negro krauts fighting iin the trenches of Europe.

The guy fucking said its SJW propaganda himself. you are arguing against reality when you deny this
>>
>>1636251
Wait, they made the battlefield guy black? In ww1?

Does the campaign sorround an african regiment or is this really just pandering?
>>
>>1637944>Most of us are interested in history because we played history based games like AoE or Total war.
Well then "most of you" are FUCKIN CANCER. Only the /int/fags are worse
>>
>>1638955
>bringing up that pic again

Oh noez, the university one of the game designers went to had a class on MARXISM...just like almost every fucking university on the planet. Unless they're like Texas A&M, who hate commies so much they do not recognize Labor Day, most universities in a free country are not going to ban discussions of communism. You got any proof he attended that class?
>>
>>1638955
>Re-visioning Marxism in World Politics: A Critical...

That was written by Busekese Kilembe in 2010.

Daniel Berlin has been working since 2008.

What the hell does that essay have to do with Battlefield?
>>
>>1638998
>After seeing these threads, I've become convinced that people were just looking for a reason to be mad at this game.
welcome to 4chan
>>
>>1639027

>bawww they hate marxism bawwww :(

who gives a shit. He said himself hes promoting diversity in the game and that its a key goal. Stop pretending like Marxism is anything but a meme topic of study and stop acting like those classes arent just marxist shilling classes, especially in fucking sweden.
>>
>>1637944
>I doubt they'll learn about fucking christmas truce.
This is the one thing I remember learning in school very clearly. It was a rainy as fuck day, so we weren't allowed to go outside at break, so we just sat talking with our teacher about why they weren't fighting. It was probably the first time somebody taught us that the 'enemy' wasn't inherently evil.

Thanks Mr. Rosell
>>
>>1639010
No, he said that he wanted to show people that yes, black people and Indians and Arabs and whatever else DID fight in WW1 despite the accepted picture being that WW1 was white dudes vs white dudes in its entirety.

>But instead of showing actual battles with them, they made up bullshit, like a bunch of negro krauts fighting iin the trenches of Europe.

Literally customization options in the fucking multiplayer. I doubt the Ottoman Empire had Mark Vs and Lewis Guns at their disposal either. The actual campaign we know nothing about, but considering that whenever someone brings up the Harlem Hellfighters the response is always "lol they did nothing compared to the rest of the white people in Europe" if they DID confirm a chapter was focused on them you'd still bitch.
>>
>>1639041
>>bawww they hate marxism bawwww :(

Who the fuck are you quoting?

Not him but can people stop arguing like sophists. If you're going to quote them, quote them. Don't make strawmans then go on an irrelevant tangent.
>>
>>1639048
>i-i doubt the Ottoman Empire had Mark Vs and Lewis Guns at their disposal either.

Nobody fucking cares about how accurate the guns were you autist. This is about how niggers didn't fight in WW1.
>>
>>1638539
Because /pol/v/ can only get a hard on when they're angry about nothing
>B-but its the 2nd most popular FPS
Yeah, a genre everyone with a brain was fuckin sick of back in the Ps2 Gamecube era. The last two good FPS game: Doom 2016 & Bioshock 1. Thats how garbage this genre is. No one cares what retards think
>>>/v/
Now where the fuck are the mods? The hist ory of anime threads get deleted even when they have informative discussion, but this whining about something off topic is perfectly okay? I think whatever mod is assigned to this board is a Fucking cuck
>>
>>1639048

Everyone already knows brownz played a part in the war you stupid fuck. The point is they werent that fucking important since it was a war between european powers

And yeah, the guy said himself it was a key issue to promote diversity. Stop trying to deny this, you literally cant.

>Literally customization options in the fucking multiplayer.

how is "its in multiplayer!" an argument against this you stupid faggot? how?
>>
>>1638998
WW2 was a meme war. Yes, it killed more people than anything before, but it didn't change that much on the political landscape and is overrated as fuck. The world in the 20s and early 30s was gearing up towards a showdown between western capitalist and communist powers, which happened anyway, Hitler only delayed it by like 10 years.

Now WW1, that's something else.

>history's first total war
>many European traditional monarchies cease to exist / become democratic republics
>America becomes an interventionist empire, projecting their power into Europe instead of just the American continent
>Poland recreated after 150 years
>Habsburg monarchy stops being a thing after like 500 years
>Russian tzardom ceases to exist and is replaced by a communist government, making it the first country ruled by communists that shapes the rest of 20th century
>complete dissolution of the Ottoman empire
>women joining the workforce which eventually leads to women getting a right to vote worldwide

It's a fucking endless list. WW2 is borderline irrelevant in comparison.
>>
>>1639058
>Doom 2016 & Bioshock 1
You skipped a decade of FPS shooters. You really think CoD 4 isn't worth a mention? That was as influential as counter strike source.
>>
>>1639027
Nigger literally said he did this shit for diversity. Like he's on record saying it, are you being in denial or just trying to bait?

>Texas A&M

Stop bringing up your Yank crap nobody knows or cares about into an unrelated discussion please.
>>
>>1638824
True that man. /v/ has developed this weird specific way or argueing, and you can always tell a /v/agina by them using those buzzwords and phrases even when they aren't discussing video games. Theyre all underage and should be fucking killed.
>>
>>1639063
because they let people customise their characters, you may see black people. I fail to see how that's hard to comprehend.
>>
File: 1469764157491.jpg (46KB, 570x545px) Image search: [Google]
1469764157491.jpg
46KB, 570x545px
>>1639069
>You really think CoD 4 isn't worth a mention?

Fucking millennials, holy shit.

>I've lived long enough to see people consider CoD 4 a significant milestone in gaming
>>
>>1639031
marxists can travel through time anon.
>>
>>1639063
>Everyone already knows brownz played a part in the war you stupid fuck.
Obviously they fucking didn't considering how fucking nobody knows about them. I've seen people say that India played no part in WW1 and their inclusion is revisionism too.

>how is "its in multiplayer!" an argument against this you stupid faggot? how?
It's optional cosmetics in a game mode that has no inherent historical accuracy, as shown by the absolutely fucked gun situation.
>>
>>1639079
Why don't they just let us play as women in multiplayer lol
>>
>>1639080
Look at any FPS these days and CoD influenced them. I'm not even a codfag, plus I would put half life 2 over bioshock any day, that old chestnut.

Of course the series went to shit quickly because they had a lottery ticket, but damn if it didn't change a generation.
>>
File: the fuck am I reading (3).jpg (88KB, 685x388px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck am I reading (3).jpg
88KB, 685x388px
>>1639065
>WW2 is borderline irrelevant in comparison.
>>
>>1639080
It was one of the biggest shooters ever. Ask most people what their favourite fps is, they'll say "cod 4"

>>I've lived long enough to see people consider CoD 4 a significant milestone in gaming

>there's people who get upset about people saying a game is a milestone in gaming

Jeeze now I know why you're called /v/irgins. Gaming is just an entertainment industry, not a damn art-form.
>>
>>1639082
>It's optional cosmetics in a game mode that has no inherent historical accuracy

oh, so it just magically stops being a WW1 game when its multiplayer? How fucking retarded are you? Are you really this desperate for an arguent since the guy who made the game LITERALLY said a key goal was diversity?
>>
>>1639065
>but it didn't change that much on the political landscape and is overrated as fuck.

>ended colonialism in a swift death blow
>expansion of the communist regime
>absolutely destroyed second tier regional powers
>pulled burgerland out of the economic slump.
>led to the rise of the cold war.
>>
>>1639086
Surely they would if they're part of some big SJW conspiracy?
>>
File: .jpg (89KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
89KB, 650x700px
>>1639065

I don't personally give a fuck about which one was "worse" but it's motherfucking ridiculous to argue that WW2 was borderline irrelevant when it changed the whole form of conflict between great powers for the foreseeable future by the dawn of the atomic age.
>>
>>1639093
Not an argument. Yes, compared to the impact of WW1, WW2 is nothing. The only things it did that changed the world was advanced technology (nukes, jet engines, radar navigation etc) but WW1 was even more significant technologically.
>>
File: Liberalism.png (61KB, 609x164px) Image search: [Google]
Liberalism.png
61KB, 609x164px
>>1638759
>liberal
Go back to /pol/ you fucking faggot. Your incorrect definitions are unwelcome here.
>>
>>1639080
Almost every mainstay for the past decade has been from call of duty 4. do you not remember the LANparties, or xbox live at the time?
>>
>>1639080
You little shit, CoD4 was an important FPS in terms of influencing the genre.
>>
>>1639098
>oh, so it just magically stops being a WW1 game when its multiplayer? How fucking retarded are you? Are you really this desperate for an arguent since the guy who made the game LITERALLY said a key goal was diversity?

Mate can you actually respond to what he's saying instead of arguing with strawmen

I know you're from /v/ and probably an underage retard, but to try to engage in proper discourse
>>
>>1639107
What are you even talking about? I remember LANParties from as soon as Doom 2, it didn't originate with CoD.
>>
>>1639106
>Go back to /pol/

go back to /leftypol/ you unoriginal LARPing virgin
>>
>>1639108
No, it wasn't. There isn't a single fucking new thing that game introduced to the genre.
>>
File: battered guardsman wojack.jpg (701KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
battered guardsman wojack.jpg
701KB, 2000x2000px
>>1639107
I remember CS 1.6 lan parties anon.

I am too old now.
>>
>>1639115
>Mate can you actually respond to what he's saying instead of arguing with strawmen

I am responding to his retarded point. It was fucking stupid.
>>
>>1639116
well after the halo 2 craze died down, there wasn't really a 'big' LANgame until cod4, which in retrospect, was probably the last game hosted at LANparties (outside of RTS' I guess)

important game, anon
>>
>>1639122
I haven't played CS past 1.3
>>
>>1639121
it influenced later games though.

It was like the opposite of Hl2 in that regard.
>>
>>1639126
No you started implying he said "it magically stops being a WW1 game when its multiplayer"

All he said was that it had no inherent accuracy
>>
>>1639131
What did it influence? Like actually name some characteristics, because I can't think of anything.
>>
>>1639139
lan parties were a thing as the other anon said.
It was at the right place at the right time.

Its like League and the Dota clones story.
>>
>>1639139
>>1639131
>>1639130
>>1639129
>>1639122
/his/ - History & Humanities & Autistic Arguments over Video Games
>>
>>1636320
Caucasoid
>>
>>1639147
its much better than your average thread on /his/.
>>
>>1638688
i don't know whats pisses me off more, the forced multiculturalism, the pattern 1914 bayonets on SMLE riles or the same on Mausers?
>>
>>1639145
Pretty sure home LAN parties were already dying at that point as more and more people were getting into internet gaming with the ever increasing popularity of CS and WoW. And if you mean those ginormous events then Starcraft was the king of those, not fucking CoD.
>>
>>1639155
No it's not.

This thread is nothing but shitflinging and meme arguments.

If anything it's equal.

Our mods are fucking wank tbqh
>>
>>1639164
>ginormous events
I am not talking about those, and a lot of battlenet stuff was directly hosted over the internet.
>>
>>1639080
I do think it's hard to place modern warfare, because people say it 'innovated' so much, with it's cinematic campaign, or its multiplayer loadouts, hitmarkers, perks etc. etc.

but 99% of it was done before, on the PC. CoD is what threw it in the spotlight for the masses, and did very well for itself.

cod4 kickstarted the slew of modern shooters the past decade, for better or worse. but we did get some good stuff out of it. if anything, it showed that analog controls could be viable for a big budget shooter based on twitch reflex.

important, yes. deserved? depends how much elitism you have.
>>
>>1639080
CoD4 shaped how FPS multiplayer modes would be from then on you contrarian autist.
>>
>>1639185
>cinematic campaign

That was the first Half Life. Honestly when I look at FPS gameplay concepts in the year 2002 and now, I don't see much difference if any, other than perhaps the introduction of QTE which is the result of consolization anyway.
>>
>>1639186
Stop trolling retard
>>
>>1639196
As I said, it brought it to the console demographic. The half life for ps2(?) was pretty much a flop and bioshock was the big thing console players were flaunting in pc users' faces at the time. It wasn't expected in a military shooter is all, the same way half life came out of left field, actually.
>>
>>1639208
I legit never played a FPS on a console, like how the fuck do you even control that shit without a mouse? Must be a total torture even with auto aim.

As for revolutionary FPS games (in no order):

Wolfenstein 3D
Doom 1 + 2
Quake
Half Life
Terminator: Future Shock
Quake
Thief

Not goddamn CoD
>>
>>1639196
and how did it do on the console again?
>>
>>1639200
Not trolling. Like it or not every multiplayer FPS game out there copied some functions from CoD4 after that game came out.
>>
>>1636251
It's probably going to be rated M so we can rest assured that little children won't play it.
>>
>>1639225
It was revolutionary for consoles which was a giant untapped demographic for a cinematic story driven shooter.
>>
>>1639225
>No Halo
You just have objectively shit taste even for a le oldskool fps games were better xD memer
>>
>>1639237
What's revolutionary about Halo? Legit asking because I never played it, always seemed dull as fuck to me.
>>
>>1639225
Halo and cod 4 deserve to be on that list.

brownie points for thief, I would also consider system shock 2
>>
>>1639257
System Shock 2 didn't really influence much although it was great. IIRC it directly influenced only Deus Ex and that genre kind of died after Ion Storm got killed.
>>
>>1639225
>>1639252
Take what made doom and it's derivatives popular, and add a lot of new features, you get Bungie's 'Marathon'. A pretty well hidden gem. Halo was marathon 2.0. Took quake style arena combat to the next level honestly. Halo 2 was insane in it's heyday
>>
>>1637038
Try 1%
>>
>>1639252
Halo popularized FPS single player campaigns being more than just "dude shoot stuff LMAO". Also the multiplayer was more refined than previous FPS games
>>
>>1639269
I've heard SS2 referred to as 'the poor man's half life', which is pretty fitting seeing as half life 2 and bioshock battled it out 6-7 years later

man this is off-topic
>>
>>1639100
>ended colonialism in one swift death blow

nice meme.

How could it have been one swift death blow if all colonial withdrawals occurred AFTER the war.
WW2 didn't end European colonialism, America throwing it's weight around during the postwar ended colonialism.
>>
>>1638824
Its an hommage to the shy anime girl, which got reused as an imitation of a guy with weak arguments who nevertheless wont stop uttering them (you).
>>
>>1639281
>Halo popularized FPS single player campaigns being more than just "dude shoot stuff LMAO"

No, that was Deus Ex and even Half Life. In fact Half Life was probably the most significant transition in FPS gaming and all modern shooters are basically just its clones.
>>
>>1639284
>man this is off-topic
Technically if we're talking about history of videogames its technically on topic
>>
>>1639100
>ended colonialism

Need to brush up on those timelines faggot.

>expansion of the communist regime

WW1 saw the CREATION of the communist regime

>led to the rise of the cold war

Would've happened anyway even if Hitler was never born.
>>
File: ss2.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ss2.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>1639284
SS2 always seemed like Deus Ex to me with its inventories and other shit. The Bioshocks don't even feel like a true successor of that even though they're made by the same guy.
>>
>>1639285
because the mst important colony that mattered was lost due to the fucking war.

>>1639298
>WW1 saw the creation of communist regimes
and it was a shitshow that killed off it's farmers due to mismanagement and lost a war against poland.

WW2 turned the communists from being a paper boogeyman to an actual threat to the western world at large
>>
>>1639293
half life didn't have cutscenes or gigantic set piece cinematics or stuff like regenerating health or limited weaponry.
>>
>>1639327
Half Life was the first game to came up with the concept of "interactive cutscene", like it was the game that invented that shit. Like the opening train sequence for example.
>>
>>1639333
halo didn't have cutscenes like half life did though.
>>
>>1639351
Post a clip from Halo so I can see what you're talking about.
>>
>>1639368
just watch the cutscenes from Halo CE online.
It had a voiced protag
it had traditional cutscenes
It had limited weapon slots.
>>
>>1639399
>voiced protag
>traditional cutscenes
>limited weapon slots

Wait a second you actually think Halo invented those? You must be younger than 25 to think that right?
>>
>>1639413
What shooters before Halo had voiced protagonists? Not counting text-voice.

Not him btw.
>>
>>1639444
Several.

>NOLF
>Deus Ex
>Duke Nukem 3D
>>
>>1639468
and how many of them were on par with halo in terms of popularity and access via their map designer?
>>
>>1639502
I have no idea. I was a PC games and most of us avoided Halo completely. That said, DN3D was one of the most popular game of the 90s.
>>
>>1636344
I learned about WW1 on my own time as well, but as far as I remember in US History, WW1 was like a 1 day discussion. Just about Archduke getting assassinated and trench warfare. Literally all he talked about and that was that.
>>
>>1639561
Similar here in England.

We learnt about the assassination, then trench warfare and how horrible it was, and the treaty of versailles.
>>
>>1639610
English here too, I remember spending ages on WWI, the middle east, the trenches, new technology, poetry, from the war, how it affect the national mood and we became a lot more cynical.
>>
>>1638777
Why do you leftypol faggots hate white people?
>>
>>1639643
I think it depends on your curriculum and your memory.

In my history education throughout the years, it was all quite wishy washy. We'd spend a week or two on the American prohibition, then all of a sudden we'd be covering the economy of post WW1 Germany.
>>
I know in my school we had half a year dedicated to WW1.
>>
>>1639675
I never was taught anything about the US, I find it hard to understand why you'd learn about something as irrelevant as the US banning alcohol for a few years.
>>
>>1639665
I'm not lefty pol.

I don't play in that autistic little game. I was just wondering why you all type the same, argue the same, and hold the same views.

It's like there's an alt-right hive-mind.
>>
>>1639685
Yeah I wish we had more focus on the UK.

Sure, it's good to see the history of the world, but I guarantee nobody in my class would have known who Harold Hardrada was, or that England ruled over chunks of France. Hell, between Henry the Eighth and Queen Victoria, there would have been a complete blank spot.
>>
>>1639698
more like french nobles ruled over england along with chunks of france.
>>
>>1639688
But why do you fat teenagers hate white people?
>>
>>1639010
>Yes they did
No, he didn't. He said the game has roots in history. Like the tanks and planes however, the statement also implies they took artistic license over historical accuracy. I thought that was clearly obvious. "Rooted in history" doesn't mean 100% history. Again, the game is about entertainment, not historical education.

>instead of showing actual battles with them, they made up bullshit
So what? 1942 and Medal of Honor were based on historical events but did not recreate them for accuracy. They were recreated for fun. Especially multiplayer.

>like a bunch of negro krauts fighting iin the trenches of Europe.
It was a design decision to give players the illusion of choice. It's not historically accurate but the player not dying of disease or infection before battle isn't either. Again, this is the artistic license of history. Not real history. It's a videogame designed to entertain and make money. There's no hidden agenda behind it unless you can prove otherwise.

>you are arguing against reality when you deny this
You're not making any sense. What are you talking about?
>>
File: redpill.jpg (69KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
redpill.jpg
69KB, 600x799px
>>1639713

Pretty sure "fat teenagers" describes everyone who is upset about a black character in a video game.
>>
>>1639711
They were still ruled over by the English Crown.

This isn't /int/. Muh heritage shitposting isn't allowed unless it's at the expense of Germany.
>>
File: France_1154_Eng.jpg (429KB, 1214x1534px) Image search: [Google]
France_1154_Eng.jpg
429KB, 1214x1534px
>>1639698
>or that England ruled over chunks of France

Never happened, mong
England was ruled by a French family that happened to have lands (from were they originated) in France
Pic related, look at the date of acquisition for each part
>>
>>1637461
but they have 'murica and thats all that matters senpai
>>
File: leftypol_IRL.jpg (140KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
leftypol_IRL.jpg
140KB, 800x531px
>>1639733
Nah, if anyone is fat its you "true communists" from leftypol
>>
>>1636294
Kys my man
Blacks didn't fight on the western front with the British and Germans, and all black people aren't west African, afro Americans, that is the issue
>>
>>1639747
Still ruled by the Kings of England, not the Kings of France.

You can do nationalist mental gymnastics all you want, maybe even change the word "England" into "France" but it won't change what was.
>>
>>1639772
that guy looks like a plushie
>>
>>1639822
Kings of England who were Frenchmen giving themselves that title
If during the US Civil War, the CSA invaded Mexico and Jefferson Davis renamed himself president of Mexico and moved the government there, would you claim that Mexico ruled part of the current US territory despite the reality being the the CSA ruled Mexico?
Same situation

France was divided into two French entities engaged in a civil war (Angevins Empire and Kingdom of France) and one of these entities took over England and moved the government there while retaining their original lands
In the end it was still French nobles ruling England + their old French lands.
They could call themselves "King of England" or "Master of the Universe", it wouldnt change that fact
>>
1/2
were there blacks in WW1? evidently. were there Americans in WW1? evidently, how many? not much, and they showed up late, and without adequate materiel and 100 pieces of artillery and relied heavily on French guns. did they fight and die? yes.

WW1 was mainly fought in the trenches, but troops were often rotated from the front, but this doesn't mean you wouldn't be next to a pile of rotting corpses when you roto in or out, smelling up the trench for a week. go to town (which may be within shelling range) and have some whisky or brandy, chat up some nurses before heading back. it all depended on how many replacements were available, likelihood of having to reinforce a line, etc. still that shit builds into you deep over weeks no matter how many times you got to wake up in sheets and eat eggs a few miles from the shit.

Artillery. this was the primary killing tool of WW1, most soldiers fired high or merely "towards" the enemy, a staggering number in fact, something like 1 in 5, would shoot at or deliberately towards the enemy. most melee trench raids were done to just fuck each other up, like a really, really bad hooligan brawl. think about it, mildly spiked club vs. rifle and bayonet?

not saying that the infantry didn't go at it hard, but, for the most part, it was weapons where you don't actually line up a shot with the target in sight that were the most effective, to some extent machine guns and early SMGs, grenades, gas, and among others, the most effective being Artillery. Most casualties were caused by Artillery, and numbers are hard to come by but i don't think any conflict has surpassed the amount of shells fired in that war.
>>
>>1640155
2/2

It's not like the game is historically accurate, I doubt 4 out of 5 players are going to just shit talk, fire high, or aim for legs. pretty sure there would be some serious disciplinary action for the amount of tanks lost. clearly it's a WW1 "themed" shooter and... well, if it were realistic to WW1 it would not just be a puddle of jenkem fermented from loose entrails but, it would be about as boring as watching grass grow under the iron fire-rain of damocles with extensive brain trauma.
>>
File: 1465818767416.png (460KB, 1002x503px) Image search: [Google]
1465818767416.png
460KB, 1002x503px
>>1636251
Battlefield has never been marketed as an authentic representation of modern or past warfare.
Do you think U.S Marines running around with bowie knives and flashy weapon paints and parachuting off 2-storey buildings is an accurate representation of what WW3 might be like?
Fuck off.
The game is pretty fun honestly, and that's all the matters. The only thing I don't like is how all of the soldiers aside from the turks are black in the Beta at least.

Schools are hardly doing a better job of teaching kids about WW1.
>>
>>1640178
>The game is pretty fun honestly,
its boring shit, bf4 is way better
>>
>>1640184
bf1 and 2 were much better, if only for the mod support
>>
>>1640184
>ww1 game
>boring

perfect!
>>
>>1640248
Dont you mean 1942?
>>1640184
Bad Company 2 was the last good one desu
>>
>>1636302
>>1636319
>I'm angry because a game focuses on a part of history not discussed as much as other parts
>>
>>1636505
Dude when did you go to school when we learned about ww1 it was just the basics. We spent a week on literally just archduke Ferdinand and weapons and that was it. Most people still somehow failed the test. Its a mix between the kids and the school. I had people in my class who didn't know the difference between the northern and southern hemisphere in highschool and the difference between east and west coast or the north or the south.
>>
>>1640271
If it was just the campaign I would say okay they focused on X fine. BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE multiplayer beta is white turks vs black British. Talk about disrespect, next game should be roman solders all being Spanish
>>
>>1636251
>An entire generation of children are going to learn about World War I exclusively through this piece of shit.
yeah, like that generation who learned about world war 2 exclusively from call of duty: world at war
oh wait that never happened
fuck off back to >>>/v/ cancer
>>
>>1639725
>It's not historically accurate but the player not dying of disease or infection before battle isn't either.
Why the fuck do idiots bring this up as if it's a valid point? Do you think EVERY soldier died of disease before the battle started? Logically only the soldiers that survive to fight in battle will take part in a battle!

It's almost as if video games about battles only actually depict the battles themselves and not the parts of war or the people that aren't directly related to the battle!

>hey guys the video game doesn't have a mini-game where you bake bread for the army that means it's inaccurate and we can throw history out the window!

Just fuck off you useful idiot morons!
>>
>>1640735
Not one thing you said is relevant to the original argument. So, I'm going to assume you have none.
>>
>>1640928
Except it IS relevant moron.
There is a huge difference between editing out the extraneous parts of a narrative and creating an new narrative entirely.

Just because an author retelling the battle of Waterloo neglects to depict the consistency of Napoleon's shit the night before, does not then justify the argument that the author adding Carthaginian war elephants to the battle of Waterloo is in the same vein of accepted "artistic license".

Stop being a brain dead moron.
>>
>>1640980
>Except it IS relevant moron
How?

>Just because an author retelling the battle of Waterloo neglects to depict the consistency of Napoleon's shit the night before, does not then justify the argument that the author adding Carthaginian war elephants
It does when the author says they don't care about historical accuracy and about fun. Battlefield has always been about entertainment. If they cared about historical accuracy, the Japanese soldiers wouldn't have been using German weaponry in Battlefield 1942. And that's just a minor problem in '42, there are major historical errors but again, its not about historical accuracy its fun.

Original argument is about Battlefield being propaganda. You still haven't provided citations to support this asinine claim. You're rambling and getting angry that the developers desired to create a historical game when they have stated otherwise. Hell, the entire franchise proves otherwise.
>>
>>1636344
Jesus, you're a fucking retard faggot.

It just didn't occur to you that maybe this was all a ploy from EA (once again the disappointment of the video game industry) to propagate and stroke the dick of the current lefty agenda of diversity/progress that has been trending lately for the sole purpose of capitalizing on it and has nothing to do with 'Merica Social Studies and that we're all taught "There were just as many blacks as whites fighting in WW1."

Have you seen the EA press conference in E3? The Battlefield 1 conference was literally all about EA gathering as many notable/celebrity US niggers they could get their hands from rappers, actors and comedians, drop them in a room to play a round of the game live for the world to see and have them say "Man... it's good to finally see a black man on the cover of a game."
>>
>>1640600
COD popularized the myth that soviets just "YOLO XDDDDD" in machine gun fire
>>
File: 1466303008437.jpg (42KB, 799x879px) Image search: [Google]
1466303008437.jpg
42KB, 799x879px
>>1641047
Once again, 100% accuracy is not required for a narrative to be in line with general historicity. A movie about the revolutionary war where the soldiers are equipped with the wrong variety of musket does not mean it is ok when a movie is made that has George Washington riding around in jeep. The fact that roman soldiers are often depicted wearing leather armor to keep production costs down in television and film does not suddenly mean the door is suddenly opened for ninja assassins from Japan to appear in Rome based on the argument that "it wasn't historically accurate in the first place".

>Battlefield has always been about entertainment.
>its not about historical accuracy its fun.
Entertainment rooted in the idea of pretending that you are taking part in famous historical wars. Once your game ceases to resemble the wars it supposedly depicts then you've undercut the entire entertainment justification for your game.

>You still haven't provided citations to support this asinine claim.
Did it ever occur to you that MAYBE more than one person disagrees with you and I'm not the original anon you were talking to?
>>
>>1641080
pretty sure retards were spouting that long before videogames were even a thing
>>
>>1641103
>Entertainment rooted in the idea of pretending that you are taking part in famous historical wars
According to whom? There's nothing historical about Modern Combat, 2142, BC, BF4/3 but they're very successful games.

>Once your game ceases to resemble the wars it supposedly depicts then you've undercut the entire entertainment justification for your game.
Again, according to who?

>Did it ever occur to you that MAYBE more than one person disagrees with you and I'm not the original anon you were talking to?
>topic about left-wing propaganda
>posts pic related

You still have yet to support that Battlefield is left-wing propaganda.
>>
File: Battlefield 1 article.png (108KB, 798x748px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield 1 article.png
108KB, 798x748px
I think this article might be important to this discussion.

>http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-interview-its-not-worth-stepping-on-/1100-6439710/
>>
File: 1470169282819.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470169282819.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1641176
>http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-interview-its-not-worth-stepping-on-/1100-6439710/
"Just imagine being a farmer during this time," he says.
"You've never seen a car, you've never seen a bicycle in fact, and then comes an armoured tank and an airship. It's just hard to imagine that contrast."

t. DICE
>>
>>1641195
tbqh for anyone who isn't British, that's a fair statement. France, for example, didn't fully motorize until after WW2.
>>
>>1641195

where does he come off thinking people hadn't ever seen a bicycle in the 1910s?

when does he think they came about?
>>
>>1641204
I'm pretty sure even farmers from the absolute buttend of France would know what a bicycle was.
>>
>>1641227
Bicycles, yes. That was a stupid thing to say, unless he's talking about the Ottomans. But cars are a definite thing. Europe wasn't the US with it's Tin Lizzy; cars were really only for the rich and the city-dwelling middle class. A rural farmer's first experience with an internal combustion-powered vehicle might well have been a tank.
>>
(((DICE))) SJW mods are now outright censoring anyone speaking out against the anti-white blackwashing

forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/19710/battlefield-1-liberal-propaganda
>>
File: Verdun_Announcement_1.jpg (50KB, 379x379px) Image search: [Google]
Verdun_Announcement_1.jpg
50KB, 379x379px
>>1640160
>boring
Stop memeing and play Verdun faggot.
>>
>>1641080
Actuslly CoD just copies the scene from Enemy at the gates, almost frame by frame.
>>
>>1641195
are those people fucking serious
the goddamn TOUR DE FRANCE predates ww1
>>
>>1636894
>Adding minorities to a video game influences nothing in the real world
Then why the h*ll are you complaining about it?
>>
>>1641283
too bad this game is just another twitch shooter
>>
>>1638938
He wasn't trying to make an "argument cuck".

>>1638956
Whether anon has had sex before is irrelevant to the argument. You're trying to derail the disussion, which makes you a shill.

>>1639298
The "Red Scare" would have existed without Hitler (it started in the 20s), but the more directly confrontational aspects of the Cold War were due to the West intentionally avoiding appeasement policies after they failed when dealing with Hitler.

>>1641239
>(((...)))
>SJW
>censoring
>anti-white
>blackwashing
>liberal propaganda
>>>/pol/ is that way
>>
>>1641395
>>1641395
>Complains about le ebul pol lingo
>Uses le ebul pol lingo himself ("shill")

Lmao kill yourself shitlibcuck
>>
>>1641395
>Cold War
>avoiding appeasement

Yeah I forgot how the superpowers nuked each other over Korea and Cuba, my bad
>>
File: 1472398959944.jpg (103KB, 601x665px) Image search: [Google]
1472398959944.jpg
103KB, 601x665px
>>1636251
Not like an entire generation learned about world war 2 through all the medal of honour games or anything.
>>
>>1639946
The Normans ruled England and France before the Angevins.

My point was that the crown of England ruled over parts of France, I don't give a shit if they identified as French, Mexican, English, or Black.

Henry the Second was never crowned King of France, so we can't say the Crown of France ruled England and France.
>>
>>1638741
they went out of their way to promote it as a "very realistic WW1 simulation. everything in the game was available in WW1".

they're dishonest and driven by a political agenda.
>>
>>1642960
>they're dishonest and driven by a political agenda.
0/10
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.