[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exodus 20:4 >Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: cherb.jpg (156KB, 739x513px) Image search: [Google]
cherb.jpg
156KB, 739x513px
Exodus 20:4
>Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Exodus 25:18
>And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

What did He mean by this?
>>
The cheribum were the guardians of Eden after Adam and Eve were banished. They are symbolic of God indwelling. Eden was God's house, and then the Ark is God's house.
>>
>inb4 le contradictions xD
https://www.contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/?p=4288
>>
>>1635901
>it's illegal to kill another person
>it's legal to kill another person in self defense

Do you see a contradiction? Because I don't. The first is a generic rule, the second is an exemption to the rule.
>>
>>1636598
*general rule
>>
>>1636129
Retard.
>>
>>1636598
The situation with art differs

Here we see that imagery in certain situations are ok, as long as not used for idolatry.

The issue is context just as with the issue of killing
>>
>>1636771
The context is that the thing is forbidden unless God explicitly permits / commands you to do it, like was the case with the Ark.
>>
>>1636782
So killing in self defense is considered a breach of the second commandment?

Because God also sanctioned killings

But either way of we follow your logic here, it entails that science is actually idolatry given depictions of objects in the heavens above, of the earth beneath and of the waters below through illustrations, diagrams and photographs.

So yes let it be that the mere act of me drawing a moon or a fish is wrong
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.