[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/, I know this is not /adv/, but there is more christians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

/his/, I know this is not /adv/, but there is more christians on here, and I need help.

For about a year now, I have been considering going christain. But if I were to go christian, I would loss the things I love most, the fiction and nonfiction books I like to read, the eastern and western philosophy I like, the music I like, and even the things I do every day. I've hit a fork in the road, and I have been stuck at it for a whole year. Plus, it's hard to tell what is a "satanist product" and what is not. There's so many different things that go into it, I don't know what to do!

It seems a bit stupid, but I don't know where to go. I've never asked for help and I sense now is the time.

So if any christians on here are willing to help me, that would be great! Thank you.
>>
>>1629694
what denomination are we talking about here
>>
>>1629694
It's not the 15th century anymore.
>>
>>1629694

Christianity has pretty much become like a cafeteria. Pick a denomination that suits your needs. Many will even "marry" sodomites.
>>
File: 1466643611583.jpg (137KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
1466643611583.jpg
137KB, 722x525px
>>1629694
>For about a year now, I have been considering going christain. But if I were to go christian, I would loss the things I love most, the fiction and nonfiction books I like to read, the eastern and western philosophy I like, the music I like, and even the things I do every day.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>1629694
You can do the things you like as long as they aren't sin. Just repent daily and be sincere and turn from evil.
>>
>>1629700
Generally I see a lot of priests and such talking about certain books and philosophies are satan's works.
>>
>>1629741
How?
>>
>>1629744
He means of Christianity dumbass
>>
>>1629744
So American """"""""""""Christianity""""""""""""?
>>
>>1629755
Yes.
>>
is this bait?

Is op considering becoming a seventh day adventist or amish?
>>
>>1629784
I can sort of understand his trepidation. Accepting a Christian worldview is going to color your perception of anything else relating to spirituality. As a matter of faith, you have to consider it lies. Being a Christian is going to narrow your outlook in this sense.
>>
>>1629694
there's christians on 4chan, if that's any indication
>>
>>1629815
sure but many of the things he's talking about would be accepted by most non-fundie denominations
>>
>>1629835
Yeah reading Lao Tzu or Schopenhauer is probably fine but a Christian who makes some attempt to be pious is going to have to try and avoid, or at least feel guilty about, the various "worldly" things he used to enjoy. As a good christian you probably can't listen to ol dirty bastard talk about putting pins in a bitch's head and enjoy it as much as when you were a godless heathen. And this can be applied to any number of art or media.

Even comparatively sane churches are going to tell you that.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.