[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the soviets didn't develop a antitank rocket launcher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ptrs_1.jpg (9KB, 650x174px) Image search: [Google]
ptrs_1.jpg
9KB, 650x174px
Why the soviets didn't develop a antitank rocket launcher during ww2 and kept using those POS AT rifles?
>>
>>1623019
They used a copied version of the German small anti-tank thing (not bothered to look up the name, forgot) and ones they captured. Not the panzershrek but the other one.

I think they also had some lendlease stuff but I don't think it was used as much.

But really you should be able to find this with a Google search easily. Not going to do that for you, just search "Soviet anti-tank weapons ww2"
>>
>>1623043
Panzerfaust
>>
no need when they captured so many panzerfausts
>>
>>1623092

Speaking of which, how much usable loot was captured during the Battle of Kursk and by whom?
>>
>>1623019
>POS AT rifles
You do realize they're extremely useful as antimaterial-rifles/vs lightly armored vehicles?
>>
14.5 mm anti-tank rifle round could penetrate Pzkw 3 and 4 lower side armor at 200 metres.They were good at urban combat.
Thats the reason germans modified the Pzkw 4 with plates covering the area in later variats.
>>
>>1623224
>>1623251
> good and useful
Early in the war yes. But they weren't effective against later war tanks like the Panther or the Pzkw 4 (later variants).
>>
>>1623019

>AT rifles
>not based

end your life
>>
>>1623377
The question isn't whether they're cool or not you retard
>>
>>1623019

Anti-tank rifles were actually quite effective if fired at the vulnerable side armor of a tank. Even better if you could use terrain or buildings to get above the tank and aim for the top armor.
>>
>>1623342
>But they weren't effective against later war tanks like the Panther
The Germans literally started the Panther II project because the Panther could be penetrated by Soviet AT rifles.
>>
>>1623342
>>1624930

This,first panther variants did not have those plates shielding the weak armor at the lower sides,"inside" the tracks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.