[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never grow up in the rolling italian hills of classical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: I8QlqUVh.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
I8QlqUVh.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
>you will never grow up in the rolling italian hills of classical rome
>you will never be surrounded by a large and loving kinship group comprised of matronly and pleasant women, and well read, intellectual masculine men
>you will never frolic in the hills with your bros running, jumping, wrestling, and playing in the fields
>you will never have a crush on a girl from age 6-13 where you meet her at one of the seasonal festivals and steal away to lay beneath the stars, just outside the warm glow of the festival's giant fire
>you will never know what it is like to grow up in a village where everyone knows and looks out for everyone, with strong inter-generational friendships
>>
Rome actually didnt have hills in classical times. It was very flat prairie land. They just called it the seven hills of rome because they was jealous of the seven hills of jerusalem
>>
penicillin
>>
why would anyone want to be alive and then die before the age of the Internet?

I feel pity for those that never got to live in the age of the Internet, not envy.
>>
Wouldn't you rather have a crush on a big, manly, burly, bearded Roman man who would become both your mentor and lover?
>>
File: 14681681.jpg (33KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
14681681.jpg
33KB, 220x220px
>>1620841

>never explore the hanging gardens of babylon

>never explore the Mali Empire

>Never hang out with Druids and Celts

>Never go sailing with Vikings

>Never chill in the Ethiopian Empire

>Never witness the French revolution

>Never kill Commies

>Never Kill Fascists
>>
>>1620906

Also all that stuff that OP said about Rome.
>>
>You will never die of dysentery
>You will never be illiterate
>You will never be too cold or too hot
>You will never have to worry (as much) about going hungry

Don't get me wrong, I still want glory and a good life, but these days we're damn near guaranteed a good life. We know levels of safety and wealth never seen before other than for nobility.
>>
>>1620923
>being comfy is the path to true and lasting happiness

- every great thinker ever right?
>>
>>1620928
They live in a time where True Comfy was an impossible dream.

Using the most advanced technology of the day we can acheive Comfy levels that were unthinkable to the most intelligent mind of the ancient worlds. It's no wonder they embraced Uncomfy, given their relative ignorance.
>>
File: Varangin.jpg (34KB, 343x500px) Image search: [Google]
Varangin.jpg
34KB, 343x500px
>>1620867
>penicillin
I'd rather make strong men than strong medicine.
>>1620876
>why would anyone have values or ideas that differ from my own
Gee....? I don't know...
>>1620906
true
>>1620841
>tfwywnb
>Viking sailor stealing Scottish QTs
>Germanic Berserker crushing puny Romans in the dark forests of Germania beneath the hundrafoot trees in the name of Wodanaz
>Spartan hoplite ready to greet destiny in the battle of the ages fulfilling the culmination of your soldier life at Thermopylae
>An Athenian realizing you are a freeman when you see the Persians being driven forward by whips while you and your son left the farm by choice for love of kith and kin
>A Hessian Mercenary settling down in the Virginia hills with a young American and raising a family away from the Mercenary life
>A Saxon Housecarl defending the King at Senlach hill from Orc invaders
>A Norse thegn serving under Harald Hadraada in the Varangian guard

>tfw 2016 A.D. and no gf
>>
>>1620923
>but these days we're damn near guaranteed a good life. We know levels of safety and wealth never seen before other than for nobility.

Even biology knows habitual well-being is not advantageous for an organism
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.