[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do massive fortification lines have a place in conventional warfare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Do massive fortification lines have a place in conventional warfare or have the advancements in missiles and aircraft caused them to be a thing of the past?
>>
That second one.

Mobility is the best protection.
>>
I like to think our warfare has reached a new level of secrecy and espionage.

That being if there is a war it would be almost totally economic, with enemies of the state plotting the execution of the whole state. (taking out the leadership).

Technological advancements has happened at such a rate we can really not know what the next 'big' war will be that, that being a war featuring the big powers of the world.

I know how ever if I had all this technology at my fingertips, it makes it A LOT easier to target the leaders solely, much more effectively cutting the heads off of snakes.

I mean how can Russian. China, America, England war when the threat of total destruction lies at almost every turn? SUpply lines can be severed before they are even placed due to destruction of environments. Not nukes, but the world has so many missiles, and such little missile defence (comparatively) the next war will be utterly massive. It will rely on almost no actual personnel, as they will be essentially useless.

Age of counterintelligence and espionage is a scary fucking thing.
>>
File: img_2800.jpg (728KB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
img_2800.jpg
728KB, 2816x2112px
>>1620736

The Israelis use them extensively. They are obviously not going to stop aircraft, but if you just want to keep people out they're very effective.
>>
>>1620736
celestial dictatorships controlling defence arrays from the sky is more relevent (22nd - see china etc) but you do have the american-nato line surrounding russia etc (21st cent), and demagio (20th)
>>
File: WWI fort douaumont destruction.jpg (222KB, 760x939px) Image search: [Google]
WWI fort douaumont destruction.jpg
222KB, 760x939px
>massive fortifications
>conventional warfare
Nah, I wouldn't say so. Huge bunkers and shit aren't really relevant anymore.
Now it's all about bogging down an enemy's advances and swatting their jets from the sky with SAMs.
Huge bunkers would (supposedly) be useful in the event of an all out nuclear war. Places like Cheyenne mountain are meant to survive the worst that can be thrown at them and function as command centers afterwards.
>>
I think ironically guerrilla tactics and organization without means of electricity or digital information will be key. If Iraq and Afghanistan proved anything its that everywhere outside of Europe will just fuck with occupiers til they leave.
>>
File: Naz.jpg (56KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
Naz.jpg
56KB, 600x250px
>>1620736
Remember this bad boy the last time we seen it the nazi strollby pass it. (maginot line)
>>
>>1620788
They moved NORAD from Cheyenne Mountain to some airbase.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.