[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well would an elective feudal system work? I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (46KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 199x254px
How well would an elective feudal system work?

I'm thinking that serfs would elect their lords, lords would elect their barons, and so on until the high nobles elect the king.
>>
>>1620146
>serfs would elect their lords, lords would elect their barons,

Barons are already the lowest level of lord.
>>
that's called constitutional monarchy
>>
>>1620146
Check out the Icelandic system. It's all peasant, so missing a lot of what's normally associated with feudalism, but bondsmen could change which godi they followed once a year. Makes sense in an environment where permanent allegiance to an idiot could get you killed.
>>
>>1620146
>serfs
>electing their lords
are you high m8?
>>
So basically the United States; a representative republic.

The entire point of a monarchy is that economic and political power is hereditary through a dynasty, unless you're suggesting we give economic and political power to a certain segment of the population solely because they played the vagina lottery and won and then we get to vote on to whom we give MORE political and economic power to. IE, who do we want to be the presidential family, the Clintons, the Kennedys, the Bushs, or the Rockefellers? But that's one of the very critiques of democracy, so I guess I'll ask you, what the fuck would it serve other than letting autists LARP as le ebin crusader kings characters?

You know what, just read this
http://slatestarcodex.com/2013/10/20/the-anti-reactionary-faq/
>>
>>1620157
Baronet
>>
>>1620146
Because would it really be feudal at that point? A feudal system relies on the personal relationship of a ruler with his vassals, and in turn for being granted land and privileges the vassals would support the lord. If vassals elect a lord from among themselves, then they're not really beholden to that lord as they could just as well make their own bid for the position.
>>
File: CVXaKyZVAAAjLtw.jpg (15KB, 480x489px) Image search: [Google]
CVXaKyZVAAAjLtw.jpg
15KB, 480x489px
>>1620146
So, basically a representative democracy with more levels?
>>
>>1620163
Yes
>>
>>1620146
You just described a modern parliamentary democracy OP, hell you probably just described YOUR country's government,
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.