[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people who claim Versailles was too harsh cope with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: wwdf.png (45KB, 1071x485px) Image search: [Google]
wwdf.png
45KB, 1071x485px
How do people who claim Versailles was too harsh cope with the fact the infinitly harsher Post-WW2 peace (country divided, never ending military occupation still occuring to this day) effectively succeeded at preventing another German chimpout?

Looks like a harsher Versaille would've worked better to me
>>
File: mon visage quon.jpg (41KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
mon visage quon.jpg
41KB, 460x500px
You need to get a hobby
>>
We should have just given all of Germany to Poland to be honest, they already have half of it, may as well give them everything and be done.
>>
>http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/filename/wwdf/
reminder
>>
>>1620274
lol
this really is a containment board
>>
File: 1mach.jpg (107KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1mach.jpg
107KB, 1200x1200px
your right.

>"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

Germany should've been ground to dust, instead we hurt them just enough to really piss them off. But not enough to stop them from chimping out again.
>>
Fucking krauts
>>
Germany should have been re-balkanised like in the French 1915 plan.
>>
>>1621953

And right now we could be talking about the "Gemanitation" of countries instead of "Balkanitation".
>>
>>1619854
Versailles were not harsh enough. Thats should be common knowledge.
>>
>>1619854
OP, seriously, I even kind of agree with you, but you take it to extremes - those people by and large don't spout that kind of nonsense because of some blind ideologically driven idiocy, but because that's what they were taught. Because it's the short and simplified stuff that gets taught early on. Ancient Greece = democracy. Middle ages (literally a thousand years) = feudalism and nothing else. WW1 = everyone wanted war and trenches and Versailles harsh. That's what it is. They aren't actively being contrarian, they just don't know better. Like with most things out there.
>>
>>1622034
Versailles could have been more lenient. It could have been harsher. I think it was just right, on paper.

The problem isn't what they said Germany could or couldn't do. The problem is that a few years down the road, they didn't care anymore. Either they couldn't afford to, or they outright didn't want to.
>>
File: laughing cheetah kittens.jpg (145KB, 499x632px) Image search: [Google]
laughing cheetah kittens.jpg
145KB, 499x632px
>>1619854
>>1621953
>>1622034
>Looks like a harsher Versaille would've worked better to me
It wont.

For starters, the cunts policing it would be pussified, war weary Britain and France. A harsher versailles would just mean Germans would be x10 Angrier than what happened in IRL history.

Remember how France and Britain totally fucking failed in helping Greece out in the Turkish War of Independence? What more Germany?

The only reason why E/W Germany worked was because the US and the Soviet Union policed it. With Nukes. Leave weak-ass Europeans alone to do it, and Germany would just be mad, reunify again, and WWII would still happen.
>>
The fact that people think that Versailles was too harsh is the proof that Hitler won to a certain extent
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.