[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /his/, tell me about Adiabene. Apparently their rulers converted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Assyrian Kikes.jpg (31KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
Assyrian Kikes.jpg
31KB, 300x296px
Hey /his/, tell me about Adiabene. Apparently their rulers converted to Judaism in the first century and donated large funds to the temple in Jerusalam. How the fuck did this happen? I thought the Khazars were the only state to have rulers that converted to Judaism. Did Judaism used to have quite a bit of strength the area of Armenia and the Caucasus Mountains? Could this have helped lead to Armenia to be the first state to adopt Christianity as its official religion?
>>
>>1618470
Semi related, the first non Jewish people to convert to Judaism, the Solomonids, lived in Ethiopia. Ethiopians would later be the first state to adopt Christianity
>>
>>1618470
Monitoring this thread because I haven't heard about it.

Although no, Khazars weren't the only ones. The Himyar kingdom in modern Yemen converted in 3rd century AD.
Also quite a few tribes from Maghreb converted as well, even if it was ever on the state ruler level.
>>
>>1618590
I thought beta israel had been shown to have genetic ties to Jews though (although weak)
>>
>>1618618
I hadn't heard about that, I knew the Solomonids claimed descent through Menelik, son of Solomon and the queen of Sheba, but I'd be interested to find out if there was any genetic exchange between the Jews and Ethiopians
>>
>>1618624
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/06/16/evidence-mounts-of-ancient-jewish-roots-of-beta-israel-ethiopian-jewry/
I couldn't find anything definitive about a genetic connection but the Jewish community in Ethiopia at least predates the Solomonids
>>
>>1618470
The powerful Arabian kingdom of Himyar also converted to Judaism.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.