[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you think future generations will look at our memes as art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (78KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 500x493px
do you think future generations will look at our memes as art and they'll like be framed in museums and people are studying them and analyzing them to better understand us
>>
yes

and 4chan will go down in history as a cultural heritage (web)site
>>
>>1614425
> you think future generations will look at our memes as art
Yes

>and they'll like be framed
No

>in museums
No

>and people are studying them and analyzing them to better understand us
Already happening
>>
fuck man
if I'd live to see the day I'd kill myself
>>
File: 1469076082566.gif (2MB, 600x600px)
1469076082566.gif
2MB, 600x600px
Probably not.

9/10 memes are just contextual pictures that have no meaning or relevance outside of their respective websites or situations. Pepe is the most universal one now, and it's just turned into a reaction image.

Memes have no intrinsic value, in the sense that you can place a meme anywhere and people will look at it and think its great. Unlike art. 'here come dat boi' is the perfect example of this, and its a pretty mainstream meme. It makes 0 sense and is literally just a picture that is supposed to be amusing. But even now I and I'm sure many others think its fucking stupid and isn't funny.
Imagine in a century, if you showed somebody the picture and they'd ask wtf it means. Your answer would be 'it doesn't mean anything its just funny.'

t. memeoligist
>>
>>1614693
Kill yourself now then, it's already over.

>>1614425
They're extremely useful for understanding our time.
>>
File: 1471133488233.png (194KB, 780x800px)
1471133488233.png
194KB, 780x800px
>>1614718
That makes sense. However there are plenty that are meant to say something, even if they aren't the funniest, at the very least one could see reaction images and percive the emotion of the poster. To go further most things the mainstream calls memes aren't necessarily memes, just captions with pictures. The kind of edgy stuff you see on 4chan like Treyvon flying into a WTC made of skittles and arizona is political in its clear opposition to the nation's current political narrative. The Donald Trump glad pepe image also demonstrates this subversive sentiment, and the tendency of websites like 4chan to favor candidates who upset "normies." I'm rambling now but what I'm trying to say is that you can see a trend in anonymous Internet subculture that is anti-pc, anti-censorship, and strongly in support of individual liberty and expression. Dark humor and NGE are also common themes.
>>
>>1614718
supreme kek, my friend.
>>
I'll think the muslims and the Chinese will look at these as historical clues as to what exactly brought down a once dignified civilisation.
>>
File: adalia rose 911.jpg (109KB, 960x717px)
adalia rose 911.jpg
109KB, 960x717px
>>1614824
>>
>>1614824
Reminder that Asuka has scientifically been proven to be superior
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.