[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who changed from a history degree in a good university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: frenchphilosopher.png (300KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
frenchphilosopher.png
300KB, 451x451px
Ask a guy who changed from a history degree in a good university to an arts degree in an obscure comunity college anything
>>
>>1613685
/academia/general?
I'm going to study geology? Anyone else here have any experience in the field?

Also could someone explain how the fuck I'm suppose to round significant numbers?
>>
>>1613695
Yeah, i guess this could be an academia general.
I know some people that study geology. Some of them collaborate with archeologists, others do research but the majority goes for oil companies for the big bucks
>>
>>1613685
Why would you do that?
And what sort of art degree is that?
>>
>>1613702
How are they enjoying it?
>>
>>1613711
How about mineralogy instead? It's pretty similar, more focused on ores though.
>>
>>1613685
Why?

>>1613695
Where? 40% underemployment in Aus and unemployment in the teens at the moment. Word on the street is there will be an upturn soon so it might be well times to study now.

Sig figs, it's just everything has to be cut down to the smallest number of sig figs used, usually it's equipment gated but you might find you have a whole number that fucks with you a bit. It helps to make use of powers.
>>
>>1613685
I'm feeling a little ill today, what's going on?
>>
Academia general?

Who /first year grad student and still incredibly intellectually intimidated by the program veterans/ here? Fuck I get so nervous in the best of scenarios. This is not like my Cambodian basket weaving forum at all!
>>
>>1613705
>Why would you do that?
Cause i was naive and wasn't aware of the value of a good education
>And what sort of art degree is that?
Comics and animation. It isn't so bad but the problem is that i kinda suck at drawing. I mean, i can draw some stuff but i'm not by any means a professional. I was way better at history and i felt like i was actually learning about something
>>
>>1613750
Have you considered that perhaps you are not good at artistic drawings and paintings (comics), but you are good at depicting things?
The ability to depict accurately, to communicate (either something you see or something you imagine) is a completely different feat from the one needed in making a beautiful image.
In fact, the latter is needed by painters, but the former is essential for architects and sculptors.
>>
>>1613778
cont.

Of course, drawing for these other arts is only a crutch. The important thing is that you are good at either sculpture or architecture, with drawings only helping you shape 3d stuff.
>>
>>1613778
Well, people told me that i have a natural skill to create narrative sequences... It's just that you gotta have an enormous willpower to have the strenght to work on your stuff after coming home exhausted from a back breaking job
>>
>>1613815
So comics it is.
Remember, jack of all trades, master of none is true in the arts.
The more you paint your comics, the worse your scenarios will get. And vice versa.
I would suggest working along with a drawing man.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.