[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Võ Nguyên Giáp (25 August 1911 – 4 October 2013) was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: some GUY.jpg (16KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
some GUY.jpg
16KB, 200x295px
>Võ Nguyên Giáp (25 August 1911 – 4 October 2013) was a General in the Vietnam People's Army and a politician. Giap is considered one of the greatest military strategists of the 20th century

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
Do you even military history

That guy fought Japan, France, China, United States, South Vietnam with mostly peasants and outdated weaponry, and still succeeded, he's the ultimate example of guerilla warfare.
>>
If he was North Vietnamese then that title was definitely deserved.
>>
>>1613211
Maybe someday when the Vietnam War is further in the past, and people are less butthurt about it, this will be more widely acknowledged.
>>
>>1613211
>greatest military strategists of the 20th century
>lost like every battle
I mean, I guess since he won the war
>>
Albert kesselring or mathew Ridgeway desu senpai
>>
>>1613211
Definitely an excellent strategist, not so much a tactician. He managed to achieve ultimate victory in something like 5 different conflicts, but suffered horrendous losses in basically every battle.
>>
>>1615457
>lose majority of battles
>win the war anyway
how is that not supreme tactics?
>>
>>1615734
You might be on to something.
>>
Routing and regrouping was much easier in vietnam than in other places.

I always feel bad for saddams generals. He has to fight in a desert vs thermals. There was one battle where the IRG lost 800 tanks and the only u.s. death was from friendly fire.

Meanwhile this guy is like "leave a fifth of the division to die on this hill, everybody else split" 87 times.
>>
>>1615457
>Fights vastly superioir enemies
>Loses pretty much every direct fight
>Still wins every war

The absolute madman
>>
>>1613211
They dont call him the Red Napoleon for nothing
>>
>>1613258
>United States
>succeeded
Giap got his shit pushed in deep during every fucking offensive.
>>
>>1613258
>succeeded

He's one of the least competent commanders in modern history of warfare. Got literally hundreds of thousands of his troops utterly slaughtered while achieving jack shit on the battlefield.
>>
>>1615799
Napoleon won most of his battles and still lost the war
He's the exact opposite of Napoleon
>>
>>1615799
They should name him the Red Wellington instead
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.