[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a thorn in the backside were the Portuguese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Portugal_Império_total.png (29KB, 1425x625px) Image search: [Google]
Portugal_Império_total.png
29KB, 1425x625px
How much of a thorn in the backside were the Portuguese to the Ottomans?
>>
>>1612286
Literally none at all. The Ottomans had no reason to care about the Portuguese at all. If anything they would want to befriend them to try and weaken the Spanish.
>>
File: QfGWgqG.png (93KB, 265x258px)
QfGWgqG.png
93KB, 265x258px
>>1612286
Why do muslisms fear muslims ?
>>
>>1612286
Do you not even know that, incidentally, the portuguese AIDED ottoman expansion?
Because, see, egypt and the levant was ruled by the egyptian mamluks, who vomited wealth thanks to their dominance of the spice trade trough alexandria. Venice, who was a major stakeholder in this trade, also had their side; so attackimg them would have proven difficult.
But then, the portuguese manage to circumnavigate africa and establish a direct trade link from goa to lisbon. Of course the mamluks' trade avenue collapses. Venice (and even the ottomans) makes an attempt at helping them combat the portuguese' growing egemony, but ultimately they lose.
When this happens, venice is quick to cut every tie it had with them, and the ottomans are just as quick to turn on them and subjugate them in a "quick" war; thus resulting in the ottoman empire almost doubling its size.
>>
>>1612286
probably half the reason they dont own half the world right now
that and human greed - collapse inevitable
>>
>>1612334
>>1612352
>>1612929
>>1613111
litterally all retards

the Ottomans controlled East-West trade
the portuguese destroyed theur monopoly, expelled them from India and aided Abyssinia
Portuguese trading along with Spanish silver inflated the Ottoman economy so much they never recovered
>>
>>1613689
>expelled them from india
So you're retarded. They muslims the portuguese found in india were not ottomans. Yes they did trade there, but not as early (and not even remotely as cospicuosly) as you make it sound. Reminder that the ottomans had no direcy sea link to india until their subjugation of the mamluks, which as I said was incidently aided by portuguese conquest of african and indian coasts. By the times the ottomans could establish in india, the portuguese were already there, and there to stay. Of course what you say is true, but also what I say about them aiding in the fall of the mamluks is.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.