[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In general, Africans - those in Africa - reject the legacy of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: anime-whores.gif (4MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
anime-whores.gif
4MB, 400x224px
In general, Africans - those in Africa - reject the legacy of colonialism, insisting it only brought oppression and destruction of traditional cultures with little to no benefits for the African countries.

However, it seems strange to me that Africans should still very strongly embrace religions that were imposed in them by foreign powers, namely Christianity and Islam. Africa is the only continent that sees a consistently high level of religious affiliation, unlike the declining number of religious people in the Americas and Europe or in East Asia;

Why do they espouse the religions that were imposed on them? After all, both the Christians and Muslims destroyed/displaced traditional pagan religions, seeing them as barbaric 'superstitions'. I would have thought that in the wake of the de-colonization movement, there would have been a call for the restoration of traditional pagan religions and the abandonment of Christianity and Islam, but the opposite happened - Christianity and Islam see their only real growth happening on the African continent!
>>
to me it would be inferred that while colonialism is not fresh in the minds of most africans, religion is something taught and learned from a very young age. therefore it could be thought that although it is easy for them to reject the history of colonialism, the affiliation of that to religion is not clear or relevant enough to most of them to warrant any sort of conflict.
>>
>>1611754
If you focus on Miku, then the gif loops perfectly.
>>
religions do help african people with hospitals, schools, etc.
>>
File: latest[1].png (322KB, 410x512px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
322KB, 410x512px
>>1612353
>miku

Do you mean Sanae?
>>
>>1611754
In this world monotheism is almost always seen as superior to polytheism. It seems like the natural progression of civilization.
Neopaganists are not taken seriously and are usually ignored.
>>
>>1611754
People are desparate in developing countries (former colonies), religion provides hope where little hope exists. I feel that ass societies become more industrial they start to go away from organized religion. Give it a few more generations.
>>
>>1612416
So they need religion, you say - why stick with the ones imposed by foreign powers?

There are traditional African religions, but they're fading fast.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.