[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doesn't introspection always lead to depression? In the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: il_fullxfull_362628416_71qy.jpg (466KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull_362628416_71qy.jpg
466KB, 1500x1125px
Doesn't introspection always lead to depression?

In the end, after "logically" trying to look deep into myself, I always come up with the same conclusion about what I Really Want (TM).

I want to die.

Life is annoying. There is no permanent gain, just a bunch of nonsense. I mean yeah I could work hard and have an hour of pure joy in a year's time, but honestly I'd rather just have peace and quiet.

Is introspection the worst meme of all time?
>>
>>1608254
Not always, depends on the person. You personally are pretty much fucked
>>
>>1608254
You just need to find something other than nihilism

Some people like helping others (altruism)

Others want to achieve the most possible with their life (humanism)
>>
>i feel this way, therefore this entire school of thought is flawed

I happen to be a very positive person, and I probably get much different results from introspection than you do.

Also, you have to realize that introspection can be a means, and not an end. Looking in could make you realize something awful about yourself, and while that's unpleasant you can move forward and deal with the problem using other means, now that you have divined exactly what it is that you dislike about yourself.

It seems like you could get stuck in a negative feedback loop, where you don't see anything enjoyable, so you look for a purpose within, and when you cannot find it you get more depressed and feel that nothing outside gives you purpose, ad infinitum.

Try to question your presuppositions about what you know about yourself, don't think the purpose of self-meditation is to find something new inside you
>>
>>1608266
>now that you have divined exactly what it is that you dislike about yourself.
But I don't dislike myself. I don't have a big ego, but I think I'm a perfectly okay human being.

I just can't help but see life as a raw deal, if you look at it carefully. There's a reason why the #1 suicide prevention tactic is "think of the people you'll leave behind". I agree with that. Life is a trap. It has a lot of fun moments, but honestly it's mostly like when your alarm goes off and you'd really rather stay asleep.
>>
>>1608254
If your ratio of happiness to sadness you could just have a chemical imbalance in your brain.

See a doctor.
>>
>>1608254
>Doesn't introspection always lead to depression?
No.
>>
>>1608254

My advice?

Believe in yourself, know your limits, and work to overcome them.

Your compassion for others will come when you are reaching high enough.

T. ENTJ
>>
>>1608254
>Doesn't introspection always lead to depression?
other way
>>
>>1608279
>I don't have a big ego
yet you still think life is a "raw deal" and that you deserve more. Given that you have the time and means to regularly post here I am rather skeptical of you having that hard of a life.
and yet you still think practicing "introspection" was a contributor to your problems rather than, ironically, something you've got going on in your own head.

lower your standards, m8, Do you really go for YEARS without a single hour of joy? you can't appreciate the sky, or a hobby, or a passing conversation, or something that tastes really good? You're completely numb to every sensation? You don't even get the contentment that comes from wallowing in self-pity?

I keep trying to get this through the head of this other guy who sounds like you sometimes, but you aren't going to find fulfillment if you keep doing the same thing every day. Make an effort to enjoy stuff and it just might work. Your attitude towards your circumstances can change, and it's not that difficult to do.
>>
>>1608279
I agree with you. I think our awareness as a species is defintely bringing some problems, and many of the solutions put forward are in fact delusions.
>>
>>1608279
>>1608279
>yet you still think life is a "raw deal" and that you deserve more
It's not about what I "deserve". I take things as they are.

So basically I have two options: make the best of life, or end my life.

I always choose the first option, and in the end, my only reason is thinking of people who care about me. In truth I'd really love to just go to sleep and not have to wake up.

I call it a "raw deal" because if I was offered the choice to exist or not exist, without the ties of people who care about me, I'd choose to not exist.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.