[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today in the western world birth rates are at an all time low.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (389KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389KB, 900x900px
Today in the western world birth rates are at an all time low. More and more people are not getting married and not even dating; grass eaters are more and more a part of western society.

Is there a historical period like this to this extent?

>inb4 that Augustus quote
>>
>neoliberals will defend this
>>
You don't count even the brazilians as white(those who are)?
>>
Why have kids when I can go on vacation and smoke weed and stuff? Getting married and having a family is a bad deal, all things considered.
>>
>>1602525
DUDE
>>
>>1602510
What?
>>
>>1602525
>The virgin who can never have a meaningful relationship: the post
>>
>>1602544
Not a virgin, but I've never held onto a girlfriend for longer than 6 months so maybe you're unto something.
>>
>>1602534
WEED
>>
>>1602537
The graph says *non-hispanic white, maybe that's why they are under
>>
In post feudal Europe population fluctuated a lot

In southern Germany for example families would become quite large and would practice land inheritance divided among each son. These sons would've get much land and would thus practice intensive agriculture. The population would then decrease as people would have fewer children.

Overtime families would begin to practice single son inheritance and practice crop rotation. The population would then begin to increase slowly and the cycle of intensive agriculture to crop rotation would continue.
>>
>>1602569
But what does Brazil have to do with US graphs?
>>
>>1602484
Dont care desu.
>>
>>1602525
>Why have kids when I can go on vacation and smoke weed and stuff?
I felt the same way and that's just what i've been doing since age ~19 until recently (age 25)

I'll be honest, I had some good times doing it but it's not really something I want to keep doing indefinitely. The novelty of it has long since worn off. Smoking weed, drinking beer, playing vidya games, working easy jobs, road tripping, goofing off and in general just sitting around being content with my own mediocrity is not really something I want to do for the rest of my existence. It's fun occasionally, but it's not good for the spirit to do it long term. This level of complacency is maddening. I want to do something worthwhile with my life

>Getting married and having a family is a bad deal, all things considered
That's why I'm not quite so urgent to jump into having kids right now. Even though I enjoy the idea of being a father and marriage is the easiest way to do to something fulfilling with your life, it's also the riskiest

Lately I've been looking into starting an enterprise though if I go down that road in life, the best possible outcome I see for myself is ending up like Charles Foster Kane or some other bitter megalomaniac
>>
>white people will go extinct in your lifetime
What a glorious age to be alive.
>>
File: save.png (31KB, 842x589px) Image search: [Google]
save.png
31KB, 842x589px
>>1602484
I fucking hate it when charts try to skew information. I mean just look at it, that chart only shows 0.12% of the full graph, not even a 1% of the full graph size.

I did the math myself using the same census numbers.
>>
>>1602899
Fixed chart, my bad.

Currently doing under 5 years old because I'm an autist like that.
>>
File: save.png (30KB, 842x589px) Image search: [Google]
save.png
30KB, 842x589px
>>1602915
>>
File: save.png (29KB, 840x640px) Image search: [Google]
save.png
29KB, 840x640px
>>1602919
>>
>>1602484
As living standards increase for them even non whites will see a sharp decline in birth rates.
One day it will just equalize.

Being well off makes modern people not want to commit to endeavors such as family and children that are expensive, take time and cost money. Money that they could be using to party or buy stupid things as they are conditioned from birth, by being pampered, to a consumerist lifestyle. Most of them will also chose to have only one child (unless they get twins or more) because they don't want to go through the hassle again.

I've considered writing about this, tho my understanding is not on par with Academia.
I believe it has a lot to do with income.
And that birth rates can be successfully mapped on a graph by income.
Let's take a look. 3rd world countries are poor, but have huge birth rates. It's because their population doesn't have much to keep them busy other than sex.
Now take a look to the 2nd world. The 2nd world is in a peculiar spot. It is much more developed than 3rd world (except maybe Moldova), yet it has very low birth rates.
It's partially due to the same effect as the west. Rise of hedonism and consumerism. But in another part is that they know how hard it is to afford a good life with their wages to their child, and opt out to have again 1-2 max, because they want their children to have a good life, and not drudge through like they did under Communism.

Modern American middle class white people are more concerned by spending their cash on things that entertain them, while family is viewed as some conservative thing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.