[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Many people, including Kyuma, believe that the atomic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: Yuko.jpg (73KB, 490x579px) Image search: [Google]
Yuko.jpg
73KB, 490x579px
>"Many people, including Kyuma, believe that the atomic bombs stopped Japan's 'aggression,' but Japan did not fight a war of aggression," said Tojo, who claimed the war was fought to liberate the "nonwhite" colonies in Asia from the "whites." "If there was one mistake, however, it was the fact that we lost. And if my grandfather is to blame, it's not because he started the war but because we lost."

How true is this statement? Will we ever be able to actually know?
>>
>>1602278
Yeah I think part of Japans motivation Was to keep out European powers. But I wouldnt characterize it as benevolent their co-prosperity sphere was going to keep japanese the top and everyone else would have been less than vassal states.
>>
>>1602303
>But I wouldnt characterize it as benevolent their co-prosperity sphere was going to keep japanese the top and everyone else would have been less than vassal states.

So pretty much what everyone who tried to stop them from doing had already done?
>>
They attacked China first.
Not any of the European colonies
But China.

Some savior of Asia those assholes were.
>>
>>1602303
>But I wouldnt characterize it as benevolent their co-prosperity sphere was going to keep japanese the top and everyone else would have been less than vassal states.

THEY WERE NOT GOING TO BE "VASSAL STATES", THEY WERE GOING TO BE IMPERIAL ZONES; ID EST: THEY WERE GOING TO BE CONSTITUENTS OF THE EMPIRE.

HIERARCHY DOES NOT NECESSARILY ENTAIL LOSS OF FREEDOM, AS YOU SEEM TO BELIEVE.
>>
>>1602278
Yeah they intended to "liberate" the non-white colonies in Asia from whites... so they could be summarily subjugated by the Japanese.
>>
>>1602278

>Japan did not fight a war of aggression,"

>the war was fought to liberate the "nonwhite" colonies in Asia from the "whites."

2/10.

OP needs to learn about Nanking. Pic related.
>>
>>1602322
>summarily subjugated
>>
All they want was to replace the colonizers and kill the population when a country was invaded they immediately order that country to declare war on the US.
>>
>>1602312
Should read your history. I'll link you some wiki to help you understand the conflict.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Sino-Japanese_War#Conflict_over_Korea

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War#First_Sino-Japanese_War

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Shimonoseki

It's not as black and white as you have been lead to believe. Nanking sources are only high on the Chinese end, surely can't be propaganda.

Did you think about why I ended my OP with "will we ever be able to actually know", there are so many lies and propaganda revolving around this war we cannot know the true story, is that not curious in of it self?
>>
>>1602310
Well colonies were still a thing back then.
>>
>>1602335
I don't know if you're taking issue with what I said or just the alliteration.
>>
>>1602322
How is that any worse the the other reason people come up with taking over a place?
>>
>>1602357
>We're going to liberate you!
>By taking you over and treating you worse than your white masters could ever dream!
Do you not see the issue here, Abe?
>>
File: sn.png (427KB, 646x1096px) Image search: [Google]
sn.png
427KB, 646x1096px
>>1602278
100% true
Japan gave a good beating to dem yuros until the shart-in-mart people got involved
>>
>>1602278
>the war was fought to liberate the "nonwhite" colonies in Asia from the "whites."

sure
>>
>>1602373
>Do you not see the issue here, Abe?
Kek, anywhere white man settled genocide of the natives usually followed
>>
>>1602278
>Tojo, who claimed the war was fought to liberate the "nonwhite" colonies in Asia from the "whites.
Yeah, liberating them under Japanese control
>>
>>1602438
>In the aftermath of the Malmedy massacre, a written order from the HQ of the 328th US Army Infantry Regiment, dated 21 December 1944, stated: No SS troops or paratroopers will be taken prisoner but will be shot on sight. Major-General Raymond Hufft (US Army) gave instructions to his troops not to take prisoners when they crossed the Rhine in 1945. "After the war, when he reflected on the war crimes he authorized, he admitted, 'if the Germans had won, I would have been on trial at Nuremberg instead of them.'
>>
>>1602460
>shooting combatants
>the same as bayonetting babies and civilian decapitation contests
Wew
>>
>>1602438
>>1602460

>Secret wartime files made public only in 2006 reveal that American GIs committed 400 sexual offenses in Europe, including 126 rapes in England, between 1942 and 1945.[26] A study by Robert J. Lilly estimates that a total of 14,000 civilian women in England, France and Germany were raped by American GIs during World War II.[27][28] It is estimated that there were around 3,500 rapes by American servicemen in France between June 1944 and the end of the war and one historian has claimed that sexual violence against women in liberated France was common.
>>
>>1602467
>'if the Germans had won, I would have been on trial at Nuremberg instead of them.
> 'if the Germans had won, I would have been on trial at Nuremberg instead of them.

We obviously are not getting the whole story, as he is allied.

:^)
>>
>>1602278

>How true is this statement?

100% false. Pretty much blatantly lying to rationalize unadulterated imperialism.
>>
>>1602460
Wait, I thought killing white occupiers was a good thing?
>>
>>1602495
Where did I say that?
>>
>>1602326
That's the Taiwanese Aborigene genocide, not Nanking.
Still a Japanese atrocity, granted.
>>
>>1602321
>HIERARCHY DOES NOT NECESSARILY ENTAIL LOSS OF FREEDOM

But in this case it does.

The Japanese were essentially doing what the European powers had done earlier, forming colonies to support their industrialization. But what everyone else was doing was monstrous, and it was monstrous when the Japanese did it too
>>
>>1602321

Calm down Horohito
>>
>>1602560
Kek, read your history.
>Wushe was unprovoked Japanese aggression

The Seediq would not back down so they were annihilated, this is the exact same justification you would use for the dropping of the bombs.

Again, comes back to the fact that Tojo simply lost the war.
>>
>>1602564
>The Japanese were essentially doing what the European powers had done earlier, forming colonies to support their industrialization.

THAT IS FALSE.
>>
Japs were Soviet tier "liberators"
>>
>>1602606
>THAT IS FALSE.
NO IT ISN'T.
>>
>>1605074
At least Soviets had the right to say they were better than the original invaders. Not so much for the Japs.
>>
>>1605291
The soviets have no right to say there better then anyone
>>
>yetanotherjapanesewarcrimedenialthread.png
>>
>>1602278

That was the rhetoric of the Pan-Asianism which was popular in Asia at the time but for the Japanese it was just a cover for their own imperial ambitions but there were some in the Japanese General Staff who were true believers.

Really the only good thing that came out of the Japanese conquest of Asia is that they severely weakened the European powers allowing regional independence movements to cast out the Europeans after the war.
>>
>>1602278
It's completely false. We have plenty of evidence (much of it from the Japanese government itself) showing that the "liberated" Asian countries were little more than colonies of Japan. Think of it like the early 20th century American rhetoric about "liberating" Cuba and the Philippines. The Japanese were so bad that the Filipinos, who had fought for 50 years against the Americans, almost immediately turned around and started fighting the Japanese after their temporary "liberation" by the IJN.

In case you're a weaboo, like many on 4chan are, think of Japanese rule in Asia like Britannia's rule of Japan in Code Geass. The Japanese were elevated above all other nationalities, and local lamguage and culture were supressed to the point that Koreans weren't even allowed to write their own names in Korean; they had to use Japanese.
>>
File: warcrimes097.jpg (166KB, 620x834px) Image search: [Google]
warcrimes097.jpg
166KB, 620x834px
>>1605354

At least we strung a few up.
>>
>>1605291
>>1605319
The Soviets were certainly better than the Nazis, although that's not saying much.
>>
>>1605383
>In case you're a weaboo, like many on 4chan are, think of Japanese rule in Asia like Britannia's rule of Japan in Code Geass.

Weird, I always though the author was making a hamfisted comparison to the American occupation of Japan, but now that you mention it, it does seem a lot more similar to Japanese rule of Korea.
>>
File: 1453102367830.jpg (202KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453102367830.jpg
202KB, 400x500px
>>1605354
>>
>>1602343
You're just waving more evidence of Japanese Imperialism.
>>
File: Filipino Reaction.png (16KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
Filipino Reaction.png
16KB, 429x410px
>>1602278
>Owned Asian colonies.
>Attacked China first
>Invaded their own allies (Thailand literally joined the war on Japan's side to get back at France, only for Japan to invade Thailand).
>Treated Asians in occupied countries like shit.
Yeah. Liberation.
>>
Japan was simply trying to emulate old imperialism. With modern weapons and communications, shit got pretty tight.
>>
>>1602468

>estimates

Women sure are the jews of the century.
>>
>>1605902
>>Invaded their own allies (Thailand literally joined the war on Japan's side to get back at France, only for Japan to invade Thailand).
That was actually funny.

>Japan invades Thailand to secure control
>force Thailand to declare war on the United States along with them
>United States flat-out ignores Thailand's declaration of war
>fosters a government-in-exile for the next 4 years
>>
>>1605890
Imperialism isn't wrong though, are you retarded? Previously imperialist powers were the ones to stop them..

Are you serious in implying securing Korea, which is the closest bit of land and most valuable piece of foreign land for you, as that's where enemies will launch form is simply imperialistic?

Just after Japan's industrialization it was termed as a dagger pointing straight at Japan's heart (Korea). To leave Korea would be simply idiotic and unsafe for Japanese peoples.
>>
>>1607206
That's not the point. Murcians raping allies, that's the point.

At least japs didn't rape japs.
>>
>>1607367
>At least Japs didn't rape other Japs
I honestly find that hard to believe, considering the vast amounts of rape they got done during the period, I'm sure a few fellow Japanese got fucked good like everyone else.
>>
>>1607393
>I honestly find that hard to believe, considering the vast amounts of rape they got done during the period, I'm sure a few fellow Japanese got fucked good like everyone else.

It was no way near as prevalent though, sure a single jap may have raped a jap, sure it may have happened often.

It wasn't observed to be a problem though. Americans raped everyone, like the lot of them. If you take those estimates to be correct that 14,000 rapes over 3 years, by only Americans, only raping English/French and Germans. That's 9 rapes a night, of essentially allies, by allies.
>>
>>1607405
Also keep in mind we only know about this as it was kept secret, up until 2006.
>>
>>1607405
Still gotta admit the Japs had it down to a science, almost literally in some of those camps.
>>
>>1607453
They, like the Americans had comfort girls, usually Chinese.

Why is it so hard for you to believe the Japs raped their allies less than Americans?
>>
>>1607458
Because anyone denying their war crimes that fucking hard had to have been doing some absolute terrible shit.

That and when the words rape, and World War 2 come together the first thing I think of is Japan.
>>
>>1607470
>That and when the words rape, and World War 2 come together the first thing I think of is Japan.
I am not saying the japs didn't rape people? They raped the Chinese like crazy, they simply had the pride to not rape their allies though, at least no way near the prevalence of Americans.

Americans and their rape was kept secret for 40 fucking years. Probably to protect their soldiers, you can't punish those who are now dead.
>>
File: 1469665053558.jpg (59KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1469665053558.jpg
59KB, 477x539px
>>1602321
>R Y Z H K N D !
Was there anything wrong with Hirohitos latin grammar?
>>
>>1602606
The same goes for European imperialism famalam
>>
>>1607470
The first thing I think of is Wehrmacht, because they were literally the worst in WW2
>>
>>1607470
>Because anyone denying their war crimes that fucking hard had to have been doing some absolute terrible shit.

The victors decide what war crimes are though..... Denying War Crimes is literally the right thing to do if you have any honor in yourself or your nation.

Here is a quote from an AMERICAN Major-General (I post it earlier in this thread)

>After the war, when he reflected on the war crimes he authorized, he admitted, 'if the Germans had won, I would have been on trial at Nuremberg instead of them.'

We literally have no fucking idea what he authorized, just that after a massacre of American POW's he did the same (taking no prisoners), what they did to those prisoners we may never know.
>>
>>1602321
FUCKING SCHIZOPHRENIC EAT SHIT AND DIE
>>
>>1602321
t. Weeb
>>
>>1605424
It was both actually.

The Holy Britannian Empire is 100% America +Anglos though. Japan was a little more leftist in 2005-2006.
>>
The best thing to ever happen to Japan was the American occupation
>>
>>1607364
Treating koreans like sub human animals and killing and raping civies is you stupid jap
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 736x483px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 736x483px
>>1602278
>Japan repeatedly attacks neighboring countries and European colonies for the sake of territorial expansion and resource acquisition
>not a war of aggression
>mfw
>>
>>1602278
Manchuria being turned into a yakuza colony to fund the military with the profits of sex slavery, drug addiction and working locals to death doesn't seem overly benevolent
>>
>>1602278
It is sort of false. Japan started the war with the intent of simply acquiring the colonies it needed to fuel its industrial growth. The ideology came afterward but it was very quickly adopted by everyone, including Tojo. By the end they'd really come to see themselves as the best hope Asia had of being owned by Asians. Japan would be at the top, yes, but at least the white man would get the fuck out.
>>
>>1608430
That image is shopped. The Japanese guy has a weird outline around him, the lightning overall on him is different from the rest of the scene, and the head that he's holding is too big compared to his own.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.