[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Mormon culture is so strange and lame? What is it about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 087-087-brother-joseph-full.jpg (907KB, 1632x2200px) Image search: [Google]
087-087-brother-joseph-full.jpg
907KB, 1632x2200px
How come Mormon culture is so strange and lame? What is it about their doctrine that makes it so?
>>
>>1600702
Mormonism is Islam for Whitey
>>
>>1600702
I'll counter though; a vast majority of Mormons are attractive, well groomed and in good health. Physically at least.
>>
>>1600717
Explain
>>
Because it's a cult.
>>
>>1600702
because their """prophet""" got people to believe that an angel showed him gold tablets buried in his backyard that said jesus showed up in the americas after his resurrection

oh and he gave the tablets back to the angel so no one could refute this

dont forget holy underwear
>>
>>1600702
Their religion is a little kooky but honestly you will never find a group of people as hospitable as Mormons well maybe the Amish. Every time their missionaries come around I offer them food and water because they're good people
>>
>>1601073
Their niceness seems creepy as fuck. Forced and insincere.
>>
>>1600702
>Mormons
I got approached by a couple mormons a few months ago.
They were from South Africa, and they were preaching and stuff, but I didn't know that it spread outside of America.
I thought they were tourists initially, because they asked questions about the area, but then shifted topics around five minutes in.
They seemed to be trying to be nice, but as someone said before, it seemed insincere and underhanded, and they even tried to wrangle my address out of me. They probably come across as lame because of this, they're trying to appease people but they just come across as insincere.
It's hard to take someone called 'Elder Sherlock' seriously too.
>>
>>1601733
It isn't insincere as long as you're not in their Zion. It only seems insincere to you because most people are assholes. People have the same reaction to Americans in general overseas.
>>
>>1600988
Not him but it's a "christian" heresy that is relatively modern with little to no traces to the founders of the religions but claims to the truth against the descendants of the founders, in an almost identical way to the Muslims in relation to christians and jews.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.