[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if the nuclear bomb was invented in 1899 as opposed to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1467723252925.jpg (74KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
1467723252925.jpg
74KB, 600x705px
What if the nuclear bomb was invented in 1899 as opposed to the 1940s?

How different do you think the world would be now?
>>
>>1600389
We would have 40 years of clean energy more (>implying they wouldn't fucking dump uranium in the backyard), and either Paris or Berlin would be nuked.

So all positives
>>
>>1600389
depends who it was invented by
also if we'd been depending on nuclear energy for the last 100 years the climate probably wouldn't be so fucked up
>>
>>1600389
Scenario is shit desu. The technological level you have to be on to develop an atomic bomb would quickly lead to a catching up in other areas.

Trying to develop a scenario where late 19th century western civilizations posses 1940 level atomic bombs:

I guess they would have been used in europe. They used Gas in WW1 and i think they would have used the a bomb too. They wouldn't have a deeper understanding what these weapons really do (like the US in 1940).

More important, i think these weapons would have been used to hold together the crumbling colonial empires. The rationale would be to scare "the savages" into submission.
>>
>>1600389
Like lead and asbestos, the health consequences would have been underestimated greatly/unknown.
>>
>>1600389
are you into alchemy anon?
>>
>>1600389
>Russo-Japanese War
>With Nukes
hehhehhehehehehehehehehhehe
>>
>>1600389

There would never have been a World War 1 or 2.
>>
>>1600389

early a-bombs in this scenario would probably be of very low yield and delivered by barrage rather than airplanes. Fat Man was 21KT, which would be way to much for any landbased delivery method of nukes. So nukes would be more like really, really powerful bombs that could level entire city blocks, rather than cities.

Nukes would probably be used by Pre-Dreadnaughts and later Battleships to blast shore fortifications asunder. Wars would probably be fought over naval superiority so that you could deliver one or two nukes against the enemy shoreline. London, Hamburg, Marseille would all be blasted to bits.
>>
>>1604431
This. A non-petroleum power source would have decreased the appeal of ottoman lands significantly for the world powers at the time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.