[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be a return to totalitarianism in major nations,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: wrong.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
Will there ever be a return to totalitarianism in major nations, or have we learned our lesson? I suppose it's easy to say that it "went away too easy" from this generation's viewpoint, as world war 2 and the cold war grow more distant by the day, but I just feel like it could creep back up on us pretty easily. Any thoughts or recommended reading on the subject?
>>
>>1599979

Totalitarism is always a posibility,but that kind of regime,as you look throuhh history only comes from harsh conditions
>>
totalitarianism, if looked at simplistically is the amassing of great power in the hands of a few or of a single person.
In this sense many of us in the western world live partially under totalitarian regimes, like working in a corporations that has a pyramid like control scheme, i.e. a totalitarian one.

Political regimes are ways of managing people and order them through different means.
Democracy allows "the people" to vent frustrations and make a stand in critical moments when something very displeaing is happening and yet western democracy is the result of the nation and as individual nations lose hegemony and instead insternational groups gain more power people might find themselves living next to people with whom they are in stark opposition. This lose of cultural homogeneity, that maintained by a strong relatively closed off state, might lead countries towards a strong vertical structure that uses a lot of force to keep these different groups from escalating tensions between one another.
So, a strong state whos job it is to forcfully seperate and allow different groups to coexist despite having radically different views of life and having affiliations with other people across borders.
Seems to me this is happening already.
The issue is that we are not really beyond countries. Under what principles can bigger structures be created and maintained by force? Meaning managment bodies that are above countires that have the power to persuade people into giving them authoritatie power?
>>
Totalitarianism is a meme for twelve years olds who've just discovered 1984
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.