[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "being remembered" or "having your name in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: celestial_frog.png (93KB, 467x496px) Image search: [Google]
celestial_frog.png
93KB, 467x496px
Is "being remembered" or "having your name in the history books" the ultimate scam? Even if you ignore how worthwhile It is, it seems like it's 100 % hopeless to achieve. Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Newton, and Einstein are already hogging half the limelight and all the first three did was unfalsifiable assertions and mental masturbation.

Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan, Napoleon, Alexander the Great, Hitler: Good attempts.

Business people are never remembered. I listened to the in our time episode about George Berkeley. All he did was make up an unfalsifiable system and he will be remembered more than 10 times as much as Bill Gates, Messi, Warren Buffett, Steve Jobs, and Taylor Swift put together, even ignoring the University of California Berkeley completely.

I think scientists and Mathematicians are at a disadvantage altogether. You can't metaphorically provide solid foundations for people to climb higher, like George Boole or Lev Landau (random names). You need to metaphorically create a self perpetuating shit cannon that allows future scholars to splurge your shit everywhere. That's why Keynes and Friedman will be remembered more than all current Economics memorial prize winners put together.
>>
Why do you care? It's not like you're going to achieve anything notable if you spend al your time hand-wringing on 4chan
>>
please lurk before posting
>>
>>1599933
It's a matter if you actually desire notoriety or not

If you're being "sold" the idea of being remembered then you've already lost. If you're being sold anything you've lost.
>>
>>1599933
>Business people are never remembered.
>Ford
>Rockefeller
>(((Edison)))
>Gates
>>
This thread is a good example of what happens when people don't beat their kids.
>>
>>1601656
Name 3 famous business men from before the 15th century.

They just don't stand the test of time.
>>
>>1601679
You intentionally picked the era before the Medicis because the concept of "businesses" before the renaissance was different from what it is today.
Modern accounting principle has its roots in the Italian merchant families of the 15th century.
>>
>>1601679
Ancient business was all about how much land/slaves you controlled rather than modern standards of return on investment and capital utilization. People who tended to own a lot of land/slaves were rulers and so they get remembered as rulers rather than businessmen.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.