[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When and why did it become acceptable to be a fat pig in modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (200KB, 434x421px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
200KB, 434x421px
When and why did it become acceptable to be a fat pig in modern Western society? Is it linked to some movement, or did it arise on its own vanity?
>>
>>1597431

Two reasons:

1) People of power tend to be fat pigs
2) Fat acceptance on the common tier to emulate the fat pigs in politics
>>
Being fat shows you have access to plenty of calories which means you must be wealthy.

t. caveman
>>
>>1597431

Because no one cares anymore. Its so common in society, that nobody thinks about changing it because they don't think. In order for change to happen, you have to get the average man to realize change must be done.
>>
>>1597431
More calories and fewer activities that burn them
>>
File: 1471454583426.jpg (41KB, 642x421px) Image search: [Google]
1471454583426.jpg
41KB, 642x421px
>tfw fat fetishist

This is the greatest time in history.
>>
>>1597431
>acceptable to be a fat pig in modern Western society

maybe in america
>>
>>1597604

>People of power tend to be fat pigs

Where do you live, exactly, where this is true? Taft is probably the last "fat pig" tier American president, and congressmen in general aren't that fat.
Rich people in general can afford to pay fitness instructors and don't subsist on dirt cheap unhealthy trash.
>>
File: disgusting.gif (2MB, 357x238px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.gif
2MB, 357x238px
>>1598909
>>
>>1597431

>muh freedom
>I have the constitutional right to be fat if I want to
>don't tell me to not be fat you fascist
>if they tell me not to be fat I'll get fat just to spite them because FREEDOM

Primarily referring to America, obviously.
>>
>>1597431
Neoliberalism
>>
>when did it become acceptable to become a fat pig
When did it become acceptable to be a basement dwelling loser that post pics pictures of frogs on anime website
>>
>>1599899
t. fat pig
>>
>>1599902
Nah I'm pretty skinny
My point was that if you are going to start pointing fingers about who is "degenerate" then you should start with yourself
>>
>>1600061
Nice try porkie.

Frogposting is not a health concern. Being overweight is
>>
>>1600061

>fatty tries to equate discussion on a pepe forum with being a disgusting slob who is willing to die young just so he can stuff his face with literal cancer

OP: was it ever unacceptable to be a fat slob?
>>
>>1597431
>When and why did it become acceptable to be a fat pig in modern Western society?

It's not. What the fuck are you talking about? Fatties are ridiculed like crazy.
>>
>>1600074
You sure? Even though you've got celebrities speaking about "fatshaming" and "healthy at every size", the fact that the CDC has declared obesity a pandemic, and the uproar whenever a fat joke is made, especially about women?
>>
>>1597431
Only if you're male and even then you're seen as an easy target for fun.
>>
>>1600078
>Even though you've got celebrities speaking about "fatshaming" and "healthy at every size", t

...in response to fatties beyond ridiculed like crazy. If it was socially acceptable, nobody would be talking about it.
>>
Unrelated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X_j6ZzFOUg
>>
File: file.png (273KB, 396x435px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
273KB, 396x435px
>>1600084
Fatties are NOT ridiculed like crazy; rather, even the slightest hint that they're unhealthy sends them screaming into outrage
>>
>>1600084
You don't see alcoholics or junkies whining about people making fun of their addictions
>>
>>1600074
>>1600078
>>1600092
>Fatties are ridiculed like crazy.

I don't want to turn this thread to shit, but it's male fatties who are the most ridiculed nowadays.
I mean the most overused male stereotype even on 4chan is the Fat Male Nerd.
Fat women have the whole feminism and body acceptance movement on their side.

And Bravo them, I'm actually envious, they know how to promote their own interests and a have a good image about themselves, unlike men who bash each other and wallow in self-hatred constantly.
>>
>>1600115
It is better to strive to better yourself rather than wade in shit and declare that it is your peak
>>
File: fat.png (392KB, 526x639px) Image search: [Google]
fat.png
392KB, 526x639px
>>1597431
anon, you have to remember that
fat =/= obese

fat == like pic related
obese == even fatter than than pic related

but schemantics won't really get us anywhere.

>>1600078
pic related is healthy, but more is unhealthy. And that fatness tolerance also varies from phenotype to phenotype. For example, European phenotype people can generally cope with being pretty fucking fat. However Japanese phenotype has much lower tolerance of fatness. Pic related is already damaging for their health and is equivalent of an European being 150kg hambeast.

Pic related is also the upper range where "fatness is in my genes" applies.
>>
>>1600126
True, ultimately the whole acceptance thing promotes something dangerous for health.

But it's interesting how fat women just said
"we want society to change for us", even if it was misguided.
>>
Fatness is still generally considered bad. A fat guy has a much harder time scoring a date than a fit guy.

The only thing that's changed are

1. More people are fat due to a number of personal and societal factors, so you see more people trying to defend their fatness.

2. Our current sociopolitical climate lends itself a good bit to vocal minorities. Hardcore SJWs are much less common than made out to be due to their vocality, the same goes for people who think obesity is healthy or attractive.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.