[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the reason why catholics worship saints because they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (28KB, 222x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 222x297px
Is the reason why catholics worship saints because they're influenced by the Romans?
>>
Is this b8? We don't worship saints.
>>
Do Orthodox worship saints?
>>
>>1596996
You don't worshio them but you do ask them to talk to god for you right?
>>
>>1596990
Who's got the Polycarp pic?
>>
>>1597004
And that's worship how? Is asking your Assistant Manager cousin to ask your boss if you could get a raise worship as well?
>>
>>1597019
No but it is like asking your assistant manager cousin for a raise which I think is the analogy >1597004
was trying to make.
>>
based catholics have a history to them.

protties burn witches, ban alcohol, and own megachurches.
>>
>>1597019
Yes, if your cousin no longer exists on this mortal plane.
>>
Catholics don't worship saints

If you ask your friend to pray for you when your mom gets sick, are you worshipping your friend?
>>
>>1597043
well, you're wrong
>>
>>1597043
If you believe in ghosts and talk to a ghost then you're worshipping the ghost.
Sure thing.
>>
>>1597082
No, if you only speak to the spirit that's just garden variety witchcraft. Asking the spirit for some favor is closer to worship.
>>
>>1597088
you're asking a spirit standing in the presence of God to add his/her prayer to yours.
>>
>>1597019
The implication of praying to saints is either that
>god isn't omniscient and needs underlings to tell him what's going on
or
>god is all for nepotism
>>
>>1597088
No, that's still not worship. You believe religious people worship God because they ask him for favors, that's not that at all. Worship is a show of gratitude, respect.

"the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity." No catholic adores a saint, or he is a heretic.
>>
>>1597098
>you're asking a spirit
So witchcraft.

>to add
So worship.
>>
>>1596990
The Practice of Sainthood could be leftovers of Greco-Roman Apotheosis & Hero-Worship.

The belief that some men lived lives so epic that they have a place beside the gods. They erected temples to them and asked for their intercession in behalf of the gods, who are understood to be close to them. They weren't worshipped as gods however, they were venerated and held up as examples.

Sainthood possibly descended from this.
>>
>>1597099
>god is all for nepotism
Souls are indeed either close or very far from God in the afterlife. That's the differentiation without which justice could not exist. But I don't expect atheists or liberals to ever understand that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.