[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have a life philosophy? I try to, but I always end up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1443556376635.jpg (52KB, 1480x582px) Image search: [Google]
1443556376635.jpg
52KB, 1480x582px
Do you have a life philosophy? I try to, but I always end up discarding all spooks, whether I want to or not.
>>
Other than trying to meditate as much as possible, and setting small goals to complete each day, no.
>>
Philosophy isn't about making your life better, it's about the theoretical frameworks of political ideologies that manage the lives of plebs and workers and shit. If you read philosophy to "feel better" you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>1596087
>Philosophy isn't about making your life better
>If you read philosophy to "feel better" you're doing it wrong.
I see different things here desu. Explain it.
>>
>>1596087
Marxist pls go
>>
>>1596094
What? Those are equivalent statements. I'll try to explain anyway. When I was in undergrad, a professor asked the class one day why we were taking his class (Existentialism). 90% of people talked about some kind of lack of meaning they suffered from, and hoped learning philosophy would impart some kind of understanding into them that would help them cope with their lives.

This is totally misguided. Studied philosophy will make you feel much worse because a) it's complicated and b) you have to learn a lot of shit that isn't true. The *real* importance of philosophy is not like science, where you gain a mechanical understanding of how natural phenomena occur. Philosophy is important for understanding real-life politics and not much else.
>>
>>1596064
figure out what you want to do

bunch it all together between your hands
like gather it up and mash it into a pile infront of u
(literal shit, gold, silver, that bitch u like, ur conception of self, big pounds of pot sex and whatever)
and discard the rest
push it away
push it out of your life
they put your head on a 360 swivel and try to keep that which you want accumulating between ur hands and push the rest into eternity

just figure out what u want through trial error priori apriorie deductive inductive start with stanford plato google it look at jiddu krishnamurti hes the most right man (not 100%) ive ever externalised.
transcend shit like embarressment guilt or blame etc
try to attain a physically safe wellbeing and harmonoid existence between u n ur environment by changing both inv arying degrees as u see fit/and are capable

it can be lonely so try to find a friend

monogomous pairings are ur best bet but its like a seperate task like 35%
>>
>>1596107
>Philosophy is political philosophy
no
>>
>>1596064
Become yourself and forgo the world. That's all that matters.
>>
>>1596087
This a million times.

>>1596102
What does that have to do with Marxism?
>>
>>1596087
>it's about the theoretical frameworks of political ideologies that manage the lives of plebs and workers and shit
You're talking about social sciences. They are an aspect of philosophy, but not the whole thing. They are also a rather primitive aspect of it, being closer to a pseudoscience than philosophy.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 200x295px
>>1596064
>that pic
Somewhere on this board I know there's someone who agrees with this hedonistic cunt.

That makes me very, very angry.
>>
>>1596107
So what your saying is that science is the view of everything as it is, while philosophy is the view of everything from a human-esque standpoint?
>>
>>1596107
americans I swear to god
>>
>>1598082
Fucking hedonists. I hate them so much
>>
>>1598082
>>1599418
i agree wholeheartily
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.