[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the first instances in history where cannabis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Cannabis_sativa_Koehler_drawing.jpg (1007KB, 1816x2177px) Image search: [Google]
Cannabis_sativa_Koehler_drawing.jpg
1007KB, 1816x2177px
What are some of the first instances in history where cannabis was used for its effects on the mind, and for what purpose? Also, how prevalent has the general use of the plant been in history as a whole? E.G clothes, paper, e.t.c.
>>
>>1595956

2700 year old chinese tomb found with pot for the afterlife. first recalled c.2012

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28034925/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/worlds-oldest-marijuana-stash-totally-busted/#.V72uX_l95hE

>Nearly two pounds of still-green plant material found in a 2,700-year-old grave in the Gobi Desert has just been identified as the world's oldest marijuana stash, according to a paper in the latest issue of the Journal of Experimental Botany.

>A barrage of tests proves the marijuana possessed potent psychoactive properties and casts doubt on the theory that the ancients only grew the plant for hemp in order to make clothing, rope and other objects.

>They apparently were getting high too.
Lead author Ethan Russo told Discovery News that the marijuana "is quite similar" to what's grown today.
>>
2 books,

Terrence Mckenna Food of the Gods (treatise on the subject of humans symbiotic evolution with spiritual psychedelics)
Marijuanna, the first 12000 years - specifically details the myriad of uses empires made off the cultivation of the plant specifically to feel good, expand the mind

I believe it was purposefully used, in the right mind, for the purposes of greater militeristic enterprise through insight, essentially showing a gear shift to one generation of evolutionary genesis through the use of the plant. From personal experience (check out erowid - a website which is a vault on user reported quasi scientifically experiences with any and all mixtures/psychedelics for varying purposes). And its use as a pain relievent is second to none, again benefiting a warlike culture and mind (yeah animal farm bnw 1984 etc comes to mind but if theres no inner circle free from this shit then there's nothing).

Endocannabinoids are physioanatomically evolved into our dna and structure... we evolved at least 100k years through symbiotic use with specifically cannabis, to remove it from our diet (a western phenomena arising in the last 100 years - globally) is suicide-genocide. From Queen Elizabeths buttcramps to Ghengis Kahns glory. Ameican presidents, etc. Fuck I hate you Harry Anneslinger...

>>
>>1595956
Spanish Armada was made out of Hemp. Any Empire.. like literally all of them in varying degrees are directly successfully attributed to the use & cultivation of cannabis for the last 100,000 years +++++++++
>>
>>1596024
(hemp ropes, paper etc, literal bank made)
>>
They found a weed pipe in Shakespeare's grave. Also the holy anointing oil from the Bible had weed in it
>>
>>1596031
(the amount of roping required in fleets is high af, and do you have any comprehension how shit life is, even with, even before modern invents of technology, to any cunt who ever worked a day in his miserable life, hell, you'd have to be stoned.mason
>>
>>1596033
he cured epilepsy (a common thing on the streets of the levant etc - crazy blind beggers etc) with it... dude was a prince from a cannabis empire. likely caesar himself.

moses was a 4000 year old cannabis priest-king who made his rise to power by subverting the mass populous from the use of the plant and is one of the first instances of centralised crop fuckery.communism of russia & china
>>
>>1596039
one that took 2000 years to recover from.
>>
File: datura-thornapple.jpg (38KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
datura-thornapple.jpg
38KB, 400x267px
>>1595956
Indian Shaivites have used cannabis in a drink called "bhang" as long as Shiva/Rudra devotions have been a thing, so an upwards of +3000 years. The drink is made by binding the active compounds in cannabis to the soluble fats in "ghee"/clarified butter. This allows the user to induce a more potent, long-lasting psychoactive state. It's also smoked, of course, but the beverage specifically has a very long history on the subcontinent.

Interestingly, saddhus also consume parts of the incredibly toxic deliriant datura metel for a similar entheogenic purpose. It's called "Shiva's chest hair" over there.

>>1596021
Mike Jay's "Emperor of Dreams" is another scholarly resource on ethnobotany you might want to check out.
>>
Apparently there was cannabis found in a Greek site in Northern Greece a few decades ago.

But because of the lead archaeologists views on drugs he refused to publish his findings.

Don't know how true this is but it is a widely held belief that oracles in ancient Greece were getting high and tripping on different substances.

>CAPATCHA
>420
nice
>>
File: 1432171703425.png (170KB, 506x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432171703425.png
170KB, 506x480px
>>1596304
>because of the lead archaeologists views on drugs he refused to publish his findings.
>>
>>1596429
Happens relatively often.

For example, evidence of human sacrifice on Crete. At least one excavation didn't publish the findings because the authors found it absurd that such an advanced culture would do such a thing.
>>
>>1596072
>Be in Rishikesh for a few days
>walking around the market browsing the shops
>5 or so sadhus are taking shelter from the rain on the curb (market street was covered by a cloth roof that protected it from the rain
>they're smoking several joints
>one of them looks up at me
>offers the joint to me while smiling, motioning me to sit down with him
>decline because I had to go at the time

>at Shiva temple in Varanasi
>whole place is clouded with incense, bells everywhere, the sound of ringing bells overpowers any other noise
>go to the inner chamber of the temple where a huge Shiva lingam is
>everybody is fucking crowding around it like a mob
>see the Shiva lingam
>It's covered in flowers, milk, necklaces, saffron, etc
>reach out and touch it like everybody else
>old ladies behind me suddenly erupt in song and start singing like sirens while holding their hands up in the air
>get out of the temple and on to the ghat where I see people bathing in the filthy Ganges water
Shaivists are fucking weird man.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.