[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" what did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7

File: 1458791977597.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458791977597.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

what did he mean, what was the actual meaning behind this?
>>
Protip: Biblic Jesus is not the right one.
>>
>>1595066
>what was the actual meaning behind this?
>My God, my God,
He is addressing his god twice to make sure he is heard and being listened to.
It's like knocking a few times and waiting a couple of seconds and then knocking again.

>why have you forsaken me?
He is asking why his god has forsaken him.
>>
Luke 23:44 It was now about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour, 45 while the sun's light failed. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. 46 Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” And having said this he breathed his last.

Matthew 27:45 Now from the sixth hour[f] there was darkness over all the land[g] until the ninth hour.[h] 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” 47 And some of the bystanders, hearing it, said, “This man is calling Elijah.” 48 And one of them at once ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine, and put it on a reed and gave it to him to drink. 49 But the others said, “Wait, let us see whether Elijah will come to save him.” 50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit. 51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.
>>
Mark 15:33 And when the sixth hour had come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. 34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” 35 And some of the bystanders hearing it said, “Behold, he is calling Elijah.” 36 And someone ran and filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on a reed and gave it to him to drink, saying, “Wait, let us see whether Elijah will come to take him down.” 37 And Jesus uttered a loud cry and breathed his last. 38 And the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom.

John 19:26 When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” 27 Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home. 28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), “I thirst.” 29 A jar full of sour wine stood there, so they put a sponge full of the sour wine on a hyssop branch and held it to his mouth. 30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
>>
I always figured that was the poets declaring to their Muses on why writing all this didn't feel as good as it used to. That's why the gospels end so soon after.
>>
>>1595066
>JW crucifixtion
>>
>>1595066
Psalm 22 especially with "they peirces my hands and feet, I can count my bones" and "they divided my garment among them, for my gesture they cast lots."
>>
>>1595235
This
>>
>>1595235
>>1595066
Allegedly Jewish rabbis would say the first few lines of a verse of the torah as reference to the whole verse. The phrase "My god, my God why have thou forsaken me" in most English translations is the same for both jesus's death and psalm 22. The implication being that jesus fulfilled psalm 22, a psalm allegedly written by david, who (as far as we know) did not experience any of things mentioned in psalm 22, leaving it be enigmatic, and that jesus experienced all the things of psalm 22, thus making it a prophecy that jesus had fulfilled.

Believe what you will.
>>
>>1595179
/thread
>>
File: T20.1Prometheus.jpg (34KB, 300x344px) Image search: [Google]
T20.1Prometheus.jpg
34KB, 300x344px
>>1595066
im pretty sure he meant...

>caww caww
>>
>>1595265
then it could be he was repeating a psalm and not actually calling God?
>>
>>1595066

it was Jesus, the man part of him getting overwhelmed by the shitty day he was having for our sins and literally asking God what the fuck senpai
>>
>>1595066
>Oh me, oh me, why did I forsaken myself?
>>
>>1595066
>get crucified
>after being tortured to fuck.
>Babble random shit.
>OH GOD IT FUCKING HURTS AAAAAAGH WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ABANDON ME JESUS CHRIST FUUUUUUCK.
Followers: OMG HE TALKIN TO GOD.
>>
>>1595066

On the cross, Jesus took the sin of mankind onto Himself. He Who knew no sin, became sin so that we might live.

When the sins of all mankind, including all of your sins, were heaped onto Jesus, the Holy Spirit fled Him, and the Father turned His back on His beloved Son, as He cannot bear looking at sin.

Notice Jesus called the Father "God" at this time but when it was finished, again called God "Father".

The godhead split for several hours on the cross, and the unity of the Trinity was violated for a time.

For us.

If you say fuck you to that, you deserve eternal torment because that is the greatest act of love in the universe, right there. Christ dying for all of us, while we were all sinners.
>>
>>1596584
No, the psalm was prophetic. David prophesied what His heir would say on the cross.
>>
>>1595066
It is the moment that distinguishes christianity from most other religion, by suggesting that for a moment, even god was abandoned by god. It is the moment where christianity produces the conditions of possibility for atheism as an alternative means to sustain itself.
>>
>>1596787
Said thoughts being dashed by the resurrection of Christ Jesus three days later.
>>
>>1596819
What can i say. Atheists didn't seem to care.
>>
>>1596780
One has to actually believe it which is the hardest part, in order to say fuck you to that.
>>
>>1596827
No, one does not. Unbelief suffices.

Unbelief is the only sin not forgiven at the cross; unbelief is the only unpardonable sin. Unbelief is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>1596828
I like the idea of it but I don't find it plausible. I cannot believe because I find it pleasing/epic/beautiful, I must believe it genuinely, and for me that is hard.

So because I find it hard i am a blasphemer, nice.
>>
>>1596839
It's not hard.

It's impossible.

Which is why it requires God's assistance to believe. And of course, He freely offers, and freely gives such assistance to anyone who asks Him.

You're a natural person, and you're trying to use your natural senses and your natural reasoning to understand the things of God.

Just won't work.
>>
>>1595066
what do you think he bench pressed
>>
>>1595066
Read Psalm 22 and you'll understand.
>>
File: 1457724363198.png (1MB, 600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1457724363198.png
1MB, 600x1800px
>>1595066

that is one sexy jesus
>>
>>1596858
Doubt it, as you don't.

>Jesus was just reciting some bible verses on the cross.
>>
>>1596828
>Unbelief is the only sin not forgiven at the cross; unbelief is the only unpardonable sin. Unbelief is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
Source ?
>>
>>1596883
John 3:18
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The source of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit being Unbelief is the Holy Spirit bearing Witness that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

If you say Jesus is not, you are calling the Holy Spirit a liar; all liars do the work of the devil; you are saying the Holy Spirit does the work of the devil; you are blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Unpardonable.
>>
>>1596915
Thanks for the source (although it seems pretty harsh).

However, i find
>If you say Jesus is not, you are calling the Holy Spirit a liar; all liars do the work of the devil; you are saying the Holy Spirit does the work of the devil; you are blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

to be pretty much far-fetched, since you can't call a liar an object whose very existence you doubt.Thoughts ?
>>
>>1596873
He recited psalm 22 to mock them and refute them because they asked him : "Come down from the cross, if you are the Son of God!"

The psalm is about a servant who was surrounded by ennemies, but in the end was rescued by God and his enemies were destroyed.
>>
>>1596940
Sure, let me pull some more verses for you.

Mark 3
The Unpardonable Sin
“Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

Hebrews 10
Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

1 John 5:6 [ The Certainty of God’s Witness ] This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.
>>
>>1596951

You believe that because you do not believe in prophecy; you do not believe in God; you do not believe in the prophets; you do not believe in Jesus.

Jesus did not recite Psalms 22.

Psalms 22 prophesied what Jesus would say on the cross. A cross that had not even been invented when this messianic psalm was penned.

The Spirit leaving Jesus, Who had become Sin, and the Father turning His back on the Son, has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the people mocking Him.

The Psalm is literally about the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>1596783
>>1595235
>>1595265

Which is only actually true if you interpret the passage as being about a crucifixion.
And then also use the translation that replaces "like a lion" with "pierced".
>>
This bible shit would be pretty cool if it were true
>>
>>1596883
>>1596915
>>1596940
>>1596972
Actually Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit isn't merely unbelief in Jesus as Lord, it's activley rejecting Divine Mercy, usually because you don't believe God could/would forgive your sins. See Judas for an example.

And even then it's still forgivable once you accept Divine Mercy and let your sins be forgiven. There's entirely the possibility that in an expanse of spiritual time that could've lasted several hours on a God scale while one a second on a human scale, Jesus could've appeared to the dying Judas and forgiven him if the betrayal, going so far as to explain that everything was supposed to happen and even Judas selling Him out was forgiven on the Cross and that Jesus still loves him and Judas could've accepted it and gone to Heaven. And there's also the possibility he still refused and is damned for it. We don't know.
>>
>>1596991
You are still in denial that there is absolute truth.

The bible speaks for itself, and you not believing it doesn't change the bible one whit.

I'm looking at 30 translations of Psalm 22:16, and they almost all say "pierced"; some say "dug" and some say "gouged". The dogs are either dogs or wild dogs. Never lions.

The dogs are clearly the Roman execution squad.
>>
>>1596998
Keep expanding your mind until you have the thought "what if everything in the bible is true?".

That thought will blow your mind, and the more you look into it, the more you will realize that it is true.
>>
>>1596972
Yeah, but I don't see the identity between blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and common unbelief.

Since the first verse just says blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable, the second one says basically the same thing, and the third one says the Holy spirit is the witness to biblical truth.
But, as I said, if you aren't a believer,you can't call the Holy Spirit a liar, since you don't believe in him.
I mean, for that, you would have to both believe in it, and reject it, so it would be more akin to a direct refusal of God's love and presence, rather than existence, so something more like rebellion.
>>
>>1597005
Look, it's clear you have zero idea what you're talking about, and that you're just parroting what your priests told you. What you say doesn't even make sense; by your version, anyone ignorant of the bible goes to heaven.

Back up your nonsense with bible verses, and you will see that you cannot.

Judas is in hell, as told by Jesus.
>>
>>1597017
ie, something like >>1597005
said.
>>
>>1596991
>And then also use the translation that replaces "like a lion" with "pierced".
And what Translation is that? The retarded Jehovah's Witness one that also says Jesus is Michael the Archangel?
>>
>>1597017
The Holy Spirit has whispered to your heart "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God."

At that point, you either believed Him, and became a Christian, or you disbelieved Him, and were lost. You may have more than one opportunity; you may not.

But by saying what the Holy Spirit says is a lie, you commit the unpardonable sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, saying that the Holy Spirit is really the devil, a liar, and you die in Unbelief.

Everyone in hell is there for the same reason. Unbelief.
>>
>>1597022
>Judas is in hell, as told by Jesus
Book, chapter, verse. If it doesn't word for word have Jesus say "Judas is in Hell" then you're no better than the Catholics you hate so much.
>>
>>1597017

Do you not know how many times the NT says "believe and be saved"? Believe on His name? Believe in Him? Believe He is Who He says He is?

It's all about belief. Abraham believed God, and God counted it as righteousness.

Belief is a very big deal with God, because He will not force you to love Him. He will not force you to be with Him. He will not force you to believe in Him.

Until it's too late to matter.
>>
>>1597037
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

I don't mind you asking me to back up what I'm saying with bible verses; but to call me a catholic?

Ugh.
>>
>>1597037
Here's a second witness, if you're aware of such things:

Mark 14:21 The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born.”
>>
>>1597030
You didn't exactly reply to my objection. I mean, if I don't believe, for instance, that the Force is real, it doesn't mean that I call Obi-Wan a liar, since , for that, I would have to believe in his existence.
>>
>>1597022
>by your version, anyone ignorant of the bible goes to heaven
Projecting much? You stopped it at mere unbelief, which can range from apostasy into nothing to "I'm aware of the Gospel Narrative but that's about it." What I said is active rejection of Divine Mercy, a full knowing of God's forgiveness and rejecting it (usually because you believe you're too wicked for it), is the only unforgivable sin.

You are the one who suggests mere ignorance unanimously damns.
>>
>>1597047
> it refers to him
>>1597052
> it doesn't just say that Judas was odious
>>
>>1597060
I think you're taking what I'm saying as not literal.

The Holy Spirit has communicated with you.

You may not be aware of it. But He has.

He told you, as He told everyone, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. And He is the Spirit of Truth.

So He's asking you to believe the truth. If you do not believe the truth, you believe lies. Any lies, doesn't matter. They're all deadly.

So the Holy Spirit has told you that Jesus is the Savior, the Son of the Living God, and so have I.

And it is true whether anyone told you or not.

So when you stand before God, you can stand before Him as an adopted child, looking forward to getting to know Him better in heaven for an eternity, or you can stand before Him at trial, without excuse, without defense, condemned already for not believing in Jesus.

Literally your choice. But one of the two will happen; God says so, and He is never wrong, and He never lies.
>>
>>1597065
Again, you're saying that anyone unaware of Divine Mercy goes to heaven.

It's complete nonsense, as told by someone not going to heaven.

You were born dead. If you do nothing to regain the life in you that Adam lost, you will stay dead, and suffer the second death of eternal torment in a lake of fire.

Your church cannot save you; no church can save anyone. And your particular church has no interest in you being saved, only enslaved.
>>
>>1597070
Read the context if you'd like. Jesus is talking about His disciples, one of which went to hell.

Infinite Good: Heaven
Zero: Never been born
Infinite Bad: Hell

It would have been better for Judas to have never been born.

Judas is in hell.
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 445x379px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 445x379px
>>1597047
>>1597052
Those don't word for word say Judas my betrayer is in Hell. Mark only says it's better had he never been born, not that he's explicitly in Hell.

It's like if I said "Mary is the New Ark of the Covenant" and brought forth support for it, poetic NT language about Mary that harkens back to OT language of the Ark but you'd toss it aside because it doesn't explicitly say "Mary is the New Ark of the Covenant."
>>
>>1597071
> Any lies, doesn't matter. They're all deadly.

Well, then I guess we're all dead, since we all believed something false one day or another, isn't it ?
>>
>>1597086
They literally say Judas is in hell.

Unless you're a braindead papist.
>>
>>1597078
>Again, you're saying that anyone unaware of Divine Mercy goes to heaven.

No I am not. The unaware do not fully reject because they don't fully understand it or know about it. Only those fully aware and understand it and reject are damned. An elderly Sikh might know about Christianity a little bit because he met a Christian all of once 5 years ago, but not fully understand it or care to, he is not activley rejecting Divine Mercy because he didn't know it in the first place, he doesn't understand the sin in its entirety.

Sin requires grave matter, full knowledge and full consent. A vet with PTSD can snap and kill a guy he thought was an enemy insurgent. But he cannot be guilty of the sin of murder because he lacked full consent in that kill. That elderly Sihk lacked full knowledge thus he is also faultless.
>>
>>1597116
Not word for word.

They also say Mary is the New Ark of the Covenant but not word for word like you want thus you reject it.
>>
>>1597087
Yes, we were all born dead.

But those of us who believe the Truth were resurrected unto eternal life.

Those of us who confessed out loud that Jesus is Lord, and believed in our heart that God raised Him from the dead.

We're saved. We're adopted. We're joint heirs with Jesus.

Because it's not about whether we ever believed a lie, but whether the Holy Spirit lives in us.
>>
>>1597120
And for the third time, you're saying that people who do not fully reject go to heaven.

Find that in the bible.

While you're at it, find Purgatory. And Limbo.
>>
>>1597123
They say Judas is in hell.

How pedantic are you going to be? 11/10 autistic pedantic?

John 6:64-65, "But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him. 65 And He was saying, “For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father.”

Judas, the unbeliever, the betrayer, literally possessed by satan, is in hell.
>>
>>1597120
>Sin requires grave matter, full knowledge and full consent.

A), no, no it does not; and
B) all sins were forgiven at the cross.

Believe me when I tell you that you do not know the gospel of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>1597132
>you're saying that people who do not fully reject go to heaven.

So you think the Infinitly Merciful God wouldn't let a Sihk into Heaven because he met a Christian once for an hour 5 years ago and never heard anything Christian again until his death?
>>
>>1597140
Doesn't have Jesus calling out Judas by name as being in Hell.

If you hate Catholic exegesis so much, why are you employing it?
>>
>>1597145
Okay, what makes a sin a sin and does a 14 year old getting pregnant, fighting tooth and nail to keep the baby but still being forced to get an abortion count as a sin? Because by my standard it doesn't.

And if all Sins are forgiven at the Cross and that's the end of it, why worry about refraining from sin as long as you believe it was forgiven already?
>>
>>1597129
>>1597145

Why so much groundless affirmations ?
>>
>>1597146
This is about the sixth time you've said God is Infinitely Merciful.

What about Infinitely Just?
What about Infinitely Holy?
What about Infinitely Righteous?

What part of this verse do you not understand?

Hebrews 2
For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

Do you understand that everyone deserves to go to hell? Even your half informed Sikh? And that nothing he can do within himself would change that fact?
>>
>>1597155
Judas is the one who betrayed Jesus.

Are you unclear on that?
>>
>>1597165

but John 3:18
>>1596915
is still puzzling
>>
>>1597165
Because the forgiveness of sins is not salvation, but the forgiveness of sins.

The forgiveness of sins was necessary to satisfy God's holiness, justice and righteousness, so that in His mercy and grace He can offer us the free gift of His salvation, Himself.

You don't have a sin problem.

You're a dead man, and if you don't sort that out, you'll stay dead, and suffer the second death.

God is Life, and if you have no God in you, you are dead.
>>
>>1597177
They're all in the bible, actually. By one man's sin, Adam, all died.

Romans 10:9-10 is how a man is saved.

John 3:16 affirms belief is salvation

Romans 8
For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

Why so much biblical ignorance?
>>
>>1597195
Yes, and Mary is the New Eve and New Ark of the New Covenant, but it doesn't word for word say that either.
>>
>>1597198
Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Hypothetical. You murder someone, witnesses, DNA, video, the works. You're in jail waiting for your trial to commence. You die in jail waiting for your trial to commence.

Do they still hold the trial?

No, of course not. The Law does not chase dead men.

Romans 7:4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

And as I died with Christ, and am in Christ, His righteousness has been imputed to me, and the Father sees His righteousness, not mine. Mine is filthy rags.

I don't want to stand before God offering Him filthy rags.
>>
>>1597188
And what about a non-informed Sikh ?
>>
>>1597228
That is what your cult teaches, yes. You can go to hell believing it is true, if you'd like.
>>
File: monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg (198KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg
198KB, 1200x800px
So much heresy here...
>>
>>1597238
Could you be anymore condescending?
>>
>>1597237
The Holy Spirit bore witness to his spirit that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

If he believed, he is not longer a gentile or a sikh, but a new creation in Christ Jesus.

If he did not believe, he was born dead, stayed dead, and will suffer the second death.

No matter how "religious" or "faithful" or "intense" his spirit is, it cannot grant him eternal life, and he has failed to become as God.

Had the object of his faith been the risen Christ Jesus, I would be happy to call him brother.
>>
>>1597247
I could try, which means of course that I would be talking down to you even more than I am currently.
>>
>>1597251
Not like that's anything new here.
>>
>>1597228
In sum we must agree with Brown, Fitzmyer and the other Roman Catholic editors of the book Mary in the New Testament when they conclude, “in our judgement there is no convincing evidence that Luke specifically identified Mary with . . . the Ark of the Covenant” (Raymond Brown, Karl Donfried, Joseph Fitzmyer, John Reumann, Mary in the New Testament, [Paulist Press, 1978], p. 134).
>>
>>1597255
Ah, but I did not expect the Spanish Inquisition
>>
>>1597259
No one ever does!
>>
File: 800px-Emblem_of_Vatican_City.svg.png (361KB, 800x1085px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Emblem_of_Vatican_City.svg.png
361KB, 800x1085px
>>1597247
You know, those puritans have always been like that

>>1597248
Pretty harsh, isn't it ? I mean,there is a difference between "sttayed dead" and "endures eternal torment"
>>
>>1597268
You have to know that God is Life; that being separated from God is Death; that eternal separation from God is eternal death.

Seeing how godless people hate being bored, being on fire forever is at least not boring. And of course they get their wish; they get nothing to do with God whatsoever.

Are they foolish to want that?

Are you?
>>
>>1596868
Jesus is not for sexualization, Anon. He's literally pure. Though for some reason, there are Jesus-philes.
>>
>>1597391
it's because god chose to come to earth as a handsome man rather than an ugly one

although to be fair there would have been people who would have fetishised him even if he was ugly. if power is sexy, you can't expect people to find omnipotence unsexy no matter how unseemly it is
>>
>>1597558
As usual, here, exactly the opposite is true.
>>
lol religion

what a fucking crock of shit
>>
>>1597391
>2016
>ignores Rule 34

It is a law of the internet anon. Everything is for sexualization.
>>
>>1597582
my apologies, i'm not as familiar with the book of isaiah and was flat out wrong in the first part of my post

the second part stands though, people consider power sexy and being the Son of God carries with it a certain connotation of power
>>
>>1595066

le Psalm 22
>>
>>1597632
this. fucking christians seeing prophecy where there isn't any
>>
It was a metaphor.

t. Christian debate pro
>>
>>1597615
Indeed it does.
>>
>>1597673
Where's proof of the bible being inspired by God?

In prophecy, like Psalms 22 that predicts what Jesus would suffer and say on the cross, 1400 years later, and before crucifixion was even invented.

>not seeing prophecy
>>
>>1597706
where is the textual evidence that this is a prophecy? also psalm 22 includes things that don't even happen to Jesus
>>
>>1597718

In

the

text
>>
>>1597718
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? (Psalms 22:1).

This was fulfilled in Matthew 27:46.

2. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. (Psalms 22:6).

Jesus Christ was dried out in intense suffering, and was crushed like a worm under the wrath of God in order to extract the precious bright red substance from Him, His sinless blood, which would be applied to men as a precious dye to cover their sin.

All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. (Psalms 22:7-8).

This details the intense ridicule and humility He suffered on the Cross. This was literally fulfilled in Matthew 27:39-44.

But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother’s breasts. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother’s belly. (Psalms 22:9-10).

Jesus Christ is the only one who could say this rightfully. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary

Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. (Psalms 22:11-13).

The strong bulls of Bashan are spoken of because of the reputation of them in the Psalmist’s day as being the strongest, fiercest bulls. This is speaking of the Roman soldiers who crucified Him,

My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. (Psalms 22:15).

Fulfilled, as Christ’s strength left His body. Just at the end of the horrific event, He shouted out, “I thirst” (John 19:28)
>>
>>1597718
For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. (Psalms 22:16).

“Dogs” was a common Jewish term of insult when talking about Gentiles. The Roman execution squad were the dogs.

I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. (Psalms 22:17).

Not a bone of His was broken, fulfilled in John 19:36.

They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. (Psalms 22:18).

Fulfilled in John 19:24.

I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. (Psalms 22:22).

This is speaking of His glorious resurrection after He was brought down to the dust of death. This was fulfilled literally when Christ appeared to His Jewish brethren, the Apostles, after His resurrection, when they were gathered together in John 20:26.

All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. (Psalms 22:27).

This is a glorious prophecy that has been fulfilled as we look around and see all the ends of the world, the Gentile nations, remembering the death of the Son of God and believing in Him for the remission of sins. All the families of the nations are worshipping before God, and will finally worship Him forever, as in Revelation 5:9.

For the kingdom is the LORD’s: and he is the governor among the nations. (Psalms 22:28).

This has seen partial fulfillment already, as God has proven that He indeed is the King and Ruler of all the earth. Yet, it will see a more literal fulfillment during the Millennial Kingdom of Christ that will come when He returns to earth. Fulfilled completely in Revelation 19:15.
>>
>>1595105

Venom Jesus.
>>
>>1595179
Why do you need to knock twice? Isn't God omniscient? Shouldn't he know your there before you even knock/know who you are addressing without you spoecifying verbally?
>>
>>1595066
Pic is JW "Jesus", aka Michael the Archangel, as he is unmarked and hanging from a pole.
>>
>>1596783
Wouldn't Jesus have been aware of that psalm and thus have the knowledge that he would need to repeat it to fulfill the prophecy?

I mean if he knew what the messiah was supposed to say, it makes sense that he would say it if he believed he was the messiah, regardless of whether or not he actually was.

Unless Jesus didn't have knowledge of that prophecy or something.

>>1597012
>You are still in denial that there is absolute truth.
Not at all, in fact, I'm sure there is; two and two always make four, the moon also falls, etc.
>>
>>1597803
Jesus was aware of over 350 messianic prophecies, and fulfilled them all.
>>
File: 1377692579048s.jpg (35KB, 283x281px) Image search: [Google]
1377692579048s.jpg
35KB, 283x281px
Why again did moot forsake us?
>>
>>1597786
And people will tell me with a straight face that autistic posters on 4chan is just a meme
>>
>>1597824
>Matthew was aware of many messianic prophecies - so he modified the story to fit most.
>>
Should I read Bible? And if so where do I get free Bible?
>>
>>1596584
He could be using the psalm as a method of praying.
>>
That he got a fierce boner from all the condensed blood going to his groin so hard. #christonthecross#meahculpabL#cuminmaryxfaces#holyfartofchrist#mongoloiddemonrace#mongoloidyahwehallahgod
>>
>>1597766
>>1597759
Psalm 22 is in first person. nowhere does it say "this is what will happen to the messiah". If you are to claim that this psalm is meant to be prophecy we might as well say that every psalm is a prophecy. "My God, my God why have you forsaken me" also doesn't make any sense coming from Jesus, since he is a part of God. If he is omnipotent and omniscient why would he think that God the Father had forsaken him?
>>
>be god
>incarnate yourself in a human avatar
>kill yourself as a sacrifice to yourself
>get mad at yourself for doing this

Christianity is truly a meme religion
>>
>>1598072
You don't know what the prophecies were if you think Matthew was the only one writing about their fulfillment, and as Matthew barely knew Hebrew, was an outcast Jew who could not set foot in the Temple, your hypothesis is absurd.
>>
>>1600308
Did you even read those verse by verse accounts of how Jesus lived out everything in that Psalm?

Did you even read why the Holy Spirit had to flee Jesus, and the Father turned His back on Him?

No?

Then stay ignorant, because all of that information is in this thread.
>>
>>1600336
I'm am well aware of christians' abilities to twist scripture to fit what they want it to say. But you can't twist what isn't there: anything at all telling the reader that this is a messianic prophecy
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.