[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Muslims go to great lengths to extol their uncorrupted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: hadith.jpg (118KB, 420x565px) Image search: [Google]
hadith.jpg
118KB, 420x565px
Why do Muslims go to great lengths to extol their uncorrupted holy text, but then base their orthodox interpretations of that text on oral accounts of what their prophet did/said that were collected hundreds of years later and hundreds of miles away from the original locations?
>>
>>1594625
Ask the catholics
>>
>>1594635
Catholic here
Its because they're Godless heathens who worship the devil's works
>>
I think the silliest thing is that there are contradictions in the text that they don't want known. Like how islamists value the latter half, which has with all scholarship up to the point the more significance then the first half which is religion of peace.
>>
>>1594635
The Catholics don't believe in Sola Scriptura, though. You're better off skewering the Protestants with that line.
>>
>>1594625
>Why do Muslims go to great lengths to extol their uncorrupted holy text

Because this is a more modern idea spread by contemporary Islamist apologetics, and for most of Islam's history it was the concept of unbroken tradition traced back through generations to the first Muslims that mattered the most.
>>
>>1594625
I can gurantee you that the vast majority of muslims do not know that the hadiths were compiled hundreds of years after muhammad's death,and the sheikhs that do know only nitpick the ones that they like to make theirselves look more religiously competent.
>>
>>1595232
Or to assert their arguements/nullify certain accusations,most muslims think that the hadiths were properly recorded and that they were said by muhammad beyond a shadow of a doubt.
>>
>>1594644
Second post best post
>>
>>1594625
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sources_of_sharia
>>
Because Muslims are made to memorize the Qur'an, not the ahadith
>>
Because Arabs are the biggest hypocrites ever
>>
Because the quran doesnt give much information on practical practising of Islam.

The common example is praying. The quran says to pray but not when or how often. That comes from Hadith.

Also the Quran says look to Mohammeds life for guidence.

Also, also, there are Quranists but they are generally looked down upon because of the above.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.