[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you own a Jewish study bible /his/? Recently I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Kike Bible.jpg (42KB, 337x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kike Bible.jpg
42KB, 337x500px
Why don't you own a Jewish study bible /his/? Recently I found pic related in a used book store and it has greatly improved my understanding of the OT and has pointed out obscure facts I never would have noticed on my own. It's quite refreshing after reading from christian published bibles for the introduction to include discussion of the documentary hypothesis. All contradictions with the texts are pointed out and although traditional apologetic explanations are given, the writer of the commentary has only given to further enrich you understanding of Jewish theology, not to demand that you accept them as true
>>
>>1588538
>contradictions
>>
>>1588538
Been looking for something like this, will check it out.
>>
>>1588551
1st Chronicles 20-29
Ephraim and his sons never went to Egypt but stayed in Canaan
>>
I wonder if it would conflict with Christian teaching. I'm just getting into Christianity so I would rather not muddy the waters until I have a good foundation but it's hard to find good commentary on the OT.
>>
>>1588575

You're kidding, right? Of course it would conflict with Christian teaching.
>>
>>1588563
>1st Chronicles 20-29

Do you know how to cite bible verses?

Do you know what a contradiction is?
>>
>>1588581
>1st Chronicles 20-29
kek, that was a weird mistake. it's 1st Chronicles 7:20-29
>>
>>1588595
Now tell me what a contradiction is.
>>
>>1588595
1 Chronicles 7
The Family of Ephraim
20 The sons of Ephraim were Shuthelah, Bered his son, Tahath his son, Eladah his son, Tahath his son, Zabad his son, Shuthelah his son, and Ezer and Elead. The men of Gath who were born in that land killed them because they came down to take away their cattle. Then Ephraim their father mourned many days, and his brethren came to comfort him.

And when he went in to his wife, she conceived and bore a son; and he called his name Beriah, because tragedy had come upon his house. Now his daughter was Sheerah, who built Lower and Upper Beth Horon and Uzzen Sheerah; and Rephah was his son, as well as Resheph, and Telah his son, Tahan his son, Laadan his son, Ammihud his son, Elishama his son, Nun his son, and Joshua his son.

Now go ahead and show me where they were in Egypt.
>>
>>1588614
see>>1588563
in Genesis Joseph's sons, Ephraim and Manasseh were born and died in Egypt. here is an account of Ephraim living in Canaan and several generations of his family. Also, how can Ephraim be numbered among the tribes leaving Egypt during the exodus when they were already living in Canaan?
>>
>>1588563

You do realize that Ephraim was born in Egypt, yes?

Genesis 46:20
And to Joseph in the land of Egypt were born Manasseh and Ephraim, whom Asenath, the daughter of Poti-Pherah priest of On, bore to him.
>>
>>1588642
Ephraim and Manassah did not die in Egypt; they each got 1/2 a tribe and 1/2 an allotment of land in the promised land after their father died in Egypt.

There are no contradictions in the bible; just people like you saying there are.
>>
>>1588649
Yes, I acknowledge that here>>1588642
poor choice of words on my part. But the part where he dies in Egypt is hard to reconcile with this account of Ephraim and several generations of his family living in Canaan
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.