[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the allies insist on keeping Hirohito as official head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: n-empmain-a-20140910[1].jpg (120KB, 558x794px) Image search: [Google]
n-empmain-a-20140910[1].jpg
120KB, 558x794px
Why did the allies insist on keeping Hirohito as official head of state and absolving him of prosecution to maintain national unity, but didn't do the same thing for Hitler?

I mean, if Hirohito despite all his massive warcrimes, was allowed to carry on as head of state to maintain Japanese cohesion as a postwar anti-communist ally, why didn't they do the same for Hitler and germany? They could have kept him as a constitutional fuhrer with a pro-western anti-communist government.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it because Hirohito surrendered and didn't kill himself?
>>
Hirohito wasn't Tojo
>>
>>1581250
Hirohito was way more culpable than Tojo you know. He gave direct instructions for many of the warcrimes whereas Tojo tried to circumvent them. After the war, everyone agreed to pin everything on Tojo to save the royal family.
>>
blame macarthur
>>
>>1581253
yes and people are smart enough to create a new rule from which he becomes innocent, or less culpable.
See this is what happens when you cling to retarded rules in order to fulfill your desire of judging people
>>
Because the west didn't have Berlin as a sphere of influence, whereas for the Russians it was so hurler offed himself
>>
Hirohito, although not perfect, was hardly on the level as the war cabinet's bloodthirstyness. He had wanted to surrender for quite some time now, and was more than willing to give into the West's demands. He was also a quiet and reserved and largely unknown figure.

Letting him go unpunished would not have and did not result in any public outcry. His sins were most entirely unknown, I mean much of the world didn't even know he existed until people heard he was going to stay in power.
He was very important to Japan, but not important to anyone else.

Hitler was very important to a whole lot of people. Put Hirohito in jail awaiting trial and he probably gets made fun of. Put Hitler in jail and half of the world's Slavs try to run inside and beat him to death with soap.
>>
Can't cite source as I do not remember.
The Emperor was divine in Japanese society. As an example we'll use Emperor Meiji.
When the Meiji emperor died- the Japanese too that very hard. A General named Nogi even offed himself in remembrance; literature is written to handle the Emperor's death and reflect on the status of the nation (Kokoro.)

It was believed that if the U.S. asked for the death of Emperor Hirohito, the already fragile psyche of the Japanese after their vast humilation would just shatter. Losing pride and a sense of national identity isn't the best idea when our wish was to rebuild the nation, not destroy it.
Hirohito had to deny his status as divine, but the approach worked. Japan became a post-war miracle and one of our closest allies today.
>>
Hitler killed himself
>>
Isn't Hirohito just Japanese pronunciation of Hitler?
>>
>>1581281
No need for source, that sounds very reasonable. Defeat didn't need to be as humiliating as the suicidal Japanese were constantly told it was.
>>
>>1581242
Hitler fucking died before the war was over, idiot
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.