[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that radical leftists accept hierarchies like parent-child,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: spectrum bobbeh.jpg (27KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
spectrum bobbeh.jpg
27KB, 480x400px
Why is it that radical leftists accept hierarchies like parent-child, student-teacher, patient-doctor, etc, yet completely reject the laborer-manager and civilian-politician hierarchies?
>>
What makes one hierarchy legitimate yet another exploitation?
>>
>>1580485
By "radical leftists", I'll assume you mean Anarcho-Communists and Anarcho-Syndicalists. The idea is that the laborer-manager relationship is inherently exploitative, which hearkens back to the Labor Theory of Value. The argument that politicians and political institutions are oppressive rests on the belief that these political institutions are of the exploitative class, by the exploitative class, and for the exploitative class. Essentially, they believe that the rich pick the politicians, which there is some support for (McKinley v. Bryan), or that those with power will naturally abuse it (see: USSR).

Other relationships are usually seen as mutually beneficial. The doctor receives some compensation, and the patient is no longer sick. The student goes on to learn a trade, and the teacher is compensated. The sticking point is parent-child relationships. Some would say that a single, monogamous couple will oppress their children (Aldous Huxley argues the point in Island), while others see it as another mutually beneficial relationship.
>>
>>1580724
Every time I hear someone whining about how someone telling blue collar workers what to do is unfair I wonder if that person has ever even met a blue collar worker.
>>
>>1580724
>The idea is that the laborer-manager relationship is inherently exploitative
No it isn't. Co-ops can hire a CEO that makes more than any other employee-owner, but still not be exploited. Exploitation comes from the laborer-owner relationship.

>which hearkens back to the Labor Theory of Value
Marginalism doesn't fix exploitation. It's just saying the exploitation can't be measured, because the degree of exploitation is subjective. It does nothing to actually fix the relationship by saying value is measured a different way.
>>
>>1580731
Blue collar workers have been blue pilled. The blue collar around their neck represents that they have swallowed the blue pill.
>>
>>1580742
So why would you want them calling the shots?
>>
>>1580763
You don't if they're blue pilled. That's why you red pill them and try to create class consciousness if you're a Marxist-Leninist. Also they can just pick the guy calling the shots, instead of the guy calling the shots picking them to work. Which is how co-ops work.
>>
>>1580771
That's still calling the shots.
>>
Not all anarchists are leftists. Murray Rothbard actually answers your questions from the ancap perspective, arguing all children have the right to shoot heroin and run away from home. Not kidding. Ancaps also typically believe medicine and education should be totally voluntary without centralization so there you go. Utter fucking stupidity.

Left anarchists typically approve of the parent child authority structure as they consider it reasonable (in the words of Noam Chomsky) but generally believe adults are independent enough that government and class are oppressive. Some also do yearn for heterarchical schools where people share knowledge without an authority. I don't agree with them either just FYI.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.