[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slovenia is the true successor of the prestigious Venetian Republic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (160KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 800x532px
Slovenia is the true successor of the prestigious Venetian Republic.

Italy had abandoned Venice.

This is an irrefutable fact.
>>
>>1575342
WE
>>
Not yet, Italy still needs delicious tourist cash
>>
Uh, okay. What do you intend to do with this?
>>
File: DSC05747.jpg (317KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05747.jpg
317KB, 1024x768px
>>1575342
I know its a joke, but Ljubljana was never a part of Venice. Only a small part of Slovenia was in fact ever a part of it. On the other hand Istria and Dalmatia were a integral part of it for a long time.
>>
>>1576170
Shoo, Croat.
>>
>>1575342

What separates Slovenians from Croatians? As I understand it all of the Southslavs were essentially the same ethnic group that split off when they converted to Catholicism (Croats), Orthodoxy (Serbs), and Islam (Bosnians).
>>
>>1577358
>What separates Slovenians from Croatians?
German cultural diffusion I'd assume. Slovenia (Carniola) was controlled by Germans since the 14th century and shares a direct land border with Austria.
>>
>>1577358
>>1577378
Slovenians actually say 'Ja' instead of 'Da' like all the other Slav's. They really are Germanized Slav's.
>>
>>1575348
WAS
>>
>WE WUZ VENETIANS AND SHEEIT

t. Literally the most irrelevant slavs
>>
>>1577394
I think Sorbs take that achievement.
>>
File: IMG_20160809_141419.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160809_141419.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
I was there a week ago, nice city desu
>>
>>1577358
Pretty sure that it is also related to their history.
Slovenians are more related to Pannonian Slavs, Serbs likely are off-shot of Sorbs (Lusatia) and Croats likely came from the area of around south-east Poland/Slovakia/West Ukraine (aka. White Croats; White in this case means North, same as why Belarus = White Rus is called like this).
>>
>>1577385
>Slovenians actually say 'Ja' instead of 'Da' like all the other Slav's. They really are Germanized Slav's.
You could've just said: "i dont know whole lot about Slavic languages :(("
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.