[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Old Europe really peaceful, matrilinear 'n' shit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: vinca_figure.jpg (117KB, 800x1121px) Image search: [Google]
vinca_figure.jpg
117KB, 800x1121px
Was Old Europe really peaceful, matrilinear 'n' shit, or was it just Marija Gimbutas' feminist sperging?
>>
you're incoherent, go read a book or a few dozen
>>
>>1573725
>ancient societies were all matriarchal
>t. woman

This shit is the WEWUZ for feminists
>>
>>1573725
Idk what this means but no it was never peaceful utopian vegan atheist or anything
>>
Every culture was matriarchal... Until they left actual evidence of how they lived. Then they suddenly became patriarchal.

- what feminists actually believe
>>
Marija Gimbutas is rightly seen as a wishful thinking politically motivated loon throughout academia

There's 0 evidence of her "old europe" fantasy land of feminism
>>
>>1573733

Old Europe is basically grouping neolithic European cultures which predate the advent of Kurgan and Kurganized cultures. In the Pontic Steppe model, the seminomadic Kurgan culture are bearers of Indoeuropean languages who assimilated (likely by conquest) the cultures of Old Europe.

The Pontic Steppe model was first proposed by Marija Gimbutas and is now accepted by most authorities as the most plausible model for the spread of IE languages in Europe. However, Gimbutas at the same time tried to shovel in her feminist interpretation of history, so she claimed that the Old Europe was a feminist utopia, while Kurgans were patriarchals who turned the old society upside down.
>>
>>1573765
This

It's like how Isaac Newton invented Calculus and Classical physics yet still shilled for bible codes and magical forces
>>
>>1573765
I've heard of this but it seems wry outdated and not taking into account matralinial/matrilocal societies Whig are not the same as matriarchy.
Her theory is one I've heard before, that early agricultural societies were dominated by females because farming was associated with women and many old dirties are fertility goddesses. I don't belive it was matriarchal but likely women had a more important economic role and therefore more status.
Saying it was a feminist utopia is a huge leap however considering we still find te burials of Chiefs/kings/priests and they are males from that time
>>
>Dr. Gimbutas calls the enthusiastic reception of her work by artists and feminists ''an incredible gift'' coming late in her life. But ''I was not a feminist and I had never any thought I would be helping feminists,'' she said.

Anyway she was either hit or miss and considering Kurgan hypothesis still holds to this day. She did back in the day without DNA testing and probably minimal linguistic knowledge. She was just an archaeologist.
>>
>>1573731
>>1573754
Sure /pol/ is here
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.