[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Until relatively recently in the development of humans as a species

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: lascaux.jpg (161KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
lascaux.jpg
161KB, 800x602px
Until relatively recently in the development of humans as a species saving was pretty much impossible. You couldn't take excess productivity and store it for later, or accumulate capital and use it to gain further, and so on.

From this there are a few possible implications.
1. We only recently got the ability to become "rich" as an individual, that is to have much, much more than others.
2. We only recently got the ability to hoard rather than share, since it made no sense for the typical uncivilized man to kill a boar, eat a meal and leave it to rot, might as well share, you aren't losing anything since you can't store it. Even if you could, its not worth carrying around, and sitting in one place is detrimental, especially alone.

Would you say that from that follows we haven't evolved yet, biologically, to be rationally selfish, and thats why we have this innate biologically set hatred of the rich and assume bad of them, and feel guilty for not sharing?

Also general thread for trying to attribute the development and evolution of culture and social contract to the development of human biology over the millennia.
>>
File: 1388470654573.jpg (27KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1388470654573.jpg
27KB, 400x399px
>>1571389
>since you can't store it.
Salting, drying, smoking. How the fuck do you think people survived winters in the North? Nevermind non edible goods like weapons, jewelry, furs and other decorative items.

>We only recently got the ability to become "rich" as an individual, that is to have much, much more than others.
Except that even in apes and wolves, the alphas have more than the rest, especially the omegas. Add intelligence to this and you bet the leaders would have had the best clothing, homes, tools and such.
>>
>>1571420
>the difference in resource availability between Warren Buffett and myself is comparable to the difference between the old hunter and his junior student
>storing a few dried steaks to put in my bag is the same as storing trillions of dollars for decades
>>
>>1571389
anyone who thinks the rich hoard money doesn't understand how banking works
>>
File: 1469164206768.png (30KB, 747x491px) Image search: [Google]
1469164206768.png
30KB, 747x491px
>>1571431
>the difference in resource availability between Joe Smith and the junior student is comparable
Wealth is simply power in monetary form. There's always been a divide between the elites, the average and the losers. Whether it's about having enough money to pay your way through life, or simply being the Alpha male in your pack, fucking all the bitches, eating the freshest, best meat and in general just towering above everyone else. There isn't a fundamental difference.
>>
>>1571444
>There's always been a divide between the elites, the average and the losers.

Always, meaning in the last 6-7 thousand years.
Humans have been around for much, much longer than that.
>>
>>1571439
Anyone who dies rich doesn't understand the point of resources. Just like give it away. Do things. It feels good to make others feel good.
>>
>>1571472
And are you claiming apes don't have alpha males? Social hierarchy? Or maybe you're claiming that primeval man somehow differs from our closes relatives in that we didn't have such a hierarchy before wealth became a thing?
>>
>>1571480
Are you claiming the leader of the group of apes has access to tens of thousands of times more food than the rest of the troop?
>>
>>1571536
When the kill is fresh, yes. He has all and the rest have none.
>>
>>1571541
According to your stupid logic after he is fed, the betas have all, and he has none, since he is done eating and has retreated.

In reality he eats until he is full, and then shares the rest, since he can't store the excess and it makes no sense trying to keep it for himself to rot and waste.
>>
>>1571546
He could very well try to keep it to himself, but he'd be taken down by the other males, much like the financial elites of today would be killed, were they to try to take all the wealth for themselves.
>>
>>1571560
They already have most of the wealth. If you look at a certain commodity, like private ships, they pretty much have all of it. I don't see them being beaten for it.

Also, your argument "he doesn't but he COULD!!!" is retarded.
The fact is he doesn't. Argue from facts, not your fanfic.
>>
>>1571569
Argue what, exactly? The power structure is highly similiar, it has simply been allowed to run its course for many centuries and the general amount of wealth and power has increased massively.
>>
>>1571577
The ability to hoard wealth has increased immensely, which is what is being argued.
Hoarding wasn't possible, it is now. We haven't evolved to deal with the hoarding issue yet.
>>
>>1571592
Why would humanity evolve to counteract hoarding? Hoarding is an evolutionary advantage, as it allows long-term survival in even hostile environments.
>>
>>1571597
Why are you strawmanning?
Humanity evolved not having to deal with hoarding, since it wasn't practically possible.
Now it has to deal with it, and its not dealing well.
>>
File: 1464867269647.jpg (5KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
1464867269647.jpg
5KB, 200x278px
>>1571603
Hoarding is not a negative, anon. Northern peoples would never have survived the winters had they not hoarded. White people would never have evolved, had hoarding not been possible.
>Now it has to deal with it, and its not dealing well.
I have wealth, I have food in my stomach, a warm home, a car a computer, internet and many lovely things. I think we're doing fine, considering the rest of us still have wealth. Of course it might become a serious issue later on, but if you think humanity will somehow evolve to cope with it, instead of doing it intellectually, you clearly do not understand evolution.
>>
>>1571603
>why won't le rich people gib me stuff
>this is a problem because I say so
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.