[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often did allied troops from different countries fight alongside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (862KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
862KB, 2560x1536px
How often did allied troops from different countries fight alongside in WW1 and 2? Did the language barriers cause problems?

i.e. Were Frenchmen and Englishmen in the same trench line, or Italians and Germans fighting right next to each other in France in 1940?
>>
>>1564035
>WW1
It's wasn't uncommon to have Canadians, British and the French in the same trench. Once the U.S. joined the war it was extremely common to have all of the above plus Americans in the same trench. WWII it wasn't as common after Dunkirk, but still pretty regular on the Western Front. Market Garden saw British armor fighting alongside American paratroopers and Dutch resistance fighters for example. Italians and Germans fought together all the time in Italy and North Africa, Vichy French forces as well.
>>
>>1564035
>Did the language barriers cause problems?

Until WW2, French was the international language, but only educated elites spoke it
Basically, it was used between foreigners who dont speak the same language like English now, but it was far less widespread than English is now
You'd probably have a few guys speaking it in a unit and they'd translate for the rest

>i.e. Were Frenchmen and Englishmen in the same trench line, or Italians and Germans fighting right next to each other in France in 1940?
Nope
Allied armies often shared the frontline but the the trenches
>>
jesus fucking christ, what happened to education?.FFS.
>>
>>1564083
What?
>>
>>1564087
He asked what happened to education can't you read wtf
>>
>>1564110
whys he asking
>>
>>1564116
Because he wants an answer stupid
>>
File: Ningen no Joken.jpg (132KB, 704x304px) Image search: [Google]
Ningen no Joken.jpg
132KB, 704x304px
How close was the depiction of this battle to an actual WWII battle?

>Japanese know the Soviets route
>Send a squad to 'crush ' them
>fox holes dug
>wait for enemy
>tanks and infantry arrived
>roll over the Japanese
>few pot shots from the Japs
>their artillery is useless
>Japanese who survive hide on the battlefield until the fight is over
>flee
>>
>>1564070
>Allied armies often shared the frontline but the the trenches
Well they did because there wasn't some end of the trenches, it was continuous so at some point it will switch from Brit to French
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.