[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Catholic >want to be saved >can't just pray

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 390
Thread images: 40

File: IDOLATROUS AF.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IDOLATROUS AF.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>be Catholic
>want to be saved
>can't just pray to God, that would make too much sense
>pray to Mary instead and ask her to ask God to save me
>think for some reason that she is more merciful then God, which is definitely not blasphemy
>but wait, I can still make this worse
>can't focus on praying without some sort of image
>carve statue of Mary to look at while praying
>someone points out that the second commandment forbids making graven images
>"It's ok, some religions back then thought their gods were really in the statue, and I choose to believe that's what God meant"
>they shake their head and walk off
>go back to idol worshiping

Just admit it, papists. You have a fetish for statues, and you'll twist logic to any extent to keep them even if it means damnation.
>>
>>1562648
Roman Catholicism is pretty much crypto-roman paganism. they replaced the statues of gods to statues of saints to make it easier for people to convert and keeps their traditions.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1072x736px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1072x736px
>>1562648
Why so salty proddie?
>>
>>1562666
Which is why it is based, who the fuck would follow the preaching of some jewish hobo in the fucking desert on their right minds?
>>
>>1562648
>someone points out that the second commandment forbids making graven images
>"It's ok, some religions back then thought their gods were really in the statue, and I choose to believe that's what God meant"
Explain the cherubs on the Ark of Covenant then
>>
>>1562673
>who the fuck would follow the preaching of some jewish hobo in the fucking desert

^This man is referring to Jesus Christ. I submit him, a typical Catholic, as exhibit A.
>>
>>1562666
>666
Trying to trick me Satan?
>>
>>1562673

Must be a false flag
>>
>>1562673
A Catholic shows his true face at last.
>>
>>1562675
>hurr I'm so fucking dumb that I can't tell the difference between a single exception specifically ordered by God and a license to do whatever the fuck I want from that point onward
>>
>>1562676
Hmmmmm why so salty proddie?

Were you cucked by a catholic?
>>
>>1562675
>has no idea what "forbidden unless permitted means"
>>
>>1562666
Satan confirmed for trying to deceive people into following heretical ways.
>>
>>1562692
There needs to be containment board for you christcucks so you stop shitting up /his/ and /pol/
>>
File: image.jpg (343KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343KB, 1366x768px
>>1562648
Explain this

Guess Protestantism ain't Christian as HISTORY shows
>>
File: horrified.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
horrified.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>1562673
>this is what Catholikeks actually believe
>>
File: image.jpg (316KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316KB, 640x1136px
>>1562689
Isn't it funny how the Early Christians from the first century used Nomina Sacra in the same way CATHOLICS USE STATUES?
>>
>>1562673
Yep, I don't understand why orthodox or protestant have such a problem with it. I get the historical reasons i.e. theology, corruption or the betrayal of byzantines but beyond that it doesn't make sense. This was pretty much a side effect of christianity having been popularized back in the day. Rome, the strongest empire who worshiped idols would of course have problems with doing away with that tradition. That's why early christian made concessions to still convince them to convert. Early orthodox christians literally created catholicism and were okay with it until rome fell.
>>
>>1562703
>hurr durr i belive that i dont have to be a good person to go to heaven

go suck luthers cock stupid proddy
>>
File: image.jpg (215KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215KB, 640x1136px
Isn't it funny the Early Christians do the same shit?
>>
>>1562673
>I pretend to be a Christian but call Jesus a "Jewish hobo"

You're literally closeted pagans, just embrace it.
>>
>>1562717
Im not a catholic tho imma fedora
>>
File: skepticalrick.png (770KB, 1330x935px) Image search: [Google]
skepticalrick.png
770KB, 1330x935px
>>1562708
Looks like blasphemy runs pretty deep. It's still no excuse.
>>
File: image.jpg (297KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
297KB, 640x1136px
>>1562717
Just like poor Polycarp the pagan killed by pagans
>>
>>1562722
>practically existent in ALL early Christian copies of the Bible
>most likely even dating to the 1st century

Protlogic: it's all heresy

The fucking author, Larry Hurtardo is a PROTESTANT HIMSELF

The irony
>>
>>1562713
If by "being a good person" you mean "paying my annual membership fee to the Holy Mother Church™" then no, I don't.

>you don't either
>stay cucked
>>
>>1562715
Nice appeal to tradition. The early Christians were wrong. Things started going to shit the moment Jesus died.
>>
>>1562739
By being a good person i mean good works such as helping the poor etc where as proddie theology days you simply have to belive in jesus to go to heaven.
>>
>>1562744
Isn't it funny....that's what the NT authors did
>>
>>1562744
>But it stared going right when a mentally ill german monk who literally ate his own feces nailed paper to a door

Stay mad proddie
>>
>>1562729
>Larry Hurtardo is a PROTESTANT HIMSELF
So? Unlike Catholishits we don't have to agree with some retard just because he's more like us than other retards.
>>
File: bobsaget.jpg (16KB, 230x316px) Image search: [Google]
bobsaget.jpg
16KB, 230x316px
>>1562758
What's your point?
>>
>>1562765
The NT authors literally appealed to tradition as textual criticism shows a common deposit of tradition these authors drew from
>>
>>1562763
So Protestants disagree with scholarship and history
>>
>>1562772
They appealed to a specific tradition that existed in their time, which does not mean that every single tradition that claims to be Christian is valid.
>>
>>1562648
>Literally everyone was void of the Holy Spirit for 1500 years until some German nailed his 95 shitposts on a door
>>
File: image.jpg (227KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 640x1136px
>>1562778
We know that the Jews of their time and of Jesus also venerate saints of sorts

Nothing of these are ever critiqued or denounced at all

Funny isn't it

Also, the fact that the NT authors does this refutes sola scriptura
>>
>>1562648

>be Catholic
>confess my sins, receive absolution, the incarnate body and blood of Christ in the true presence of the Eucharist, and enter into the new and everlasting covenant with God.

feels good man

>be protestant
>pray in public so people can see me being virtuous and drink grape juice
>it's just a symbol bro!! Fuck statues though, they symbolize things, but it's cool when I claim to do the same thing with juicyjuice boxes and saltines!

lame desu.

Btw the bible doesn't factor into salvation. It is the Living Word you need, not the printed one.
>>
>>1562784
EVEN IF we accepted appeals to tradition, scripture still supersedes.

There's no getting around the second commandment and you know it, blasphemer.
>>
>>1562784
There is no doctrine called "Sola Scriptura" that all protestants adhere to. That is a term born out of breakage from Catholicism. Protestants do not necessarily believe in something called "Sola Scriptura" but instead simply fail to believe in what was considered standard in the days when Catholicism was a totalizing force.

The NT authors engaging in the pagan practices of the Greeks and Romans, as is indicated in your screencap, is also not an issue. Unike the Catholic concept of the Church Father, the NT authors do not necessarily need to be infallible models in every single context. Only their words expressed with the aid of the Holy Spirit are. For all we know in their private lives they probably struggled with serious sins and engaged in sinful practices.
>>
>>1562794
Actually the fact that God ordered statues to be made on the ark or all that pictures of Angels in the temple does make religious Art justified.

If not...God would be ironically Contradicting himself by forbidding images and then sanctioning them...in places of worship dedicated to him

Either way, the Bible and testimony of ALL Church Fathers destroy sola Scriptura

The fact that every fragment of Scripture found contains the Nomina Sacra which is...the Early Christian equivalent of imagery!

It is even more funny when this would even seep back to the 1st century itself
>>
>>1562648

You keep doing this thread even if you have been proven wrong dozen of times.
>>
>>1562756
>I don't understand what sola fide means at all
>>
>>1562784
Now that's interesting. Do we have any signs for an equivalent of an intercession of saints, or maybe something like the cult of bodhisattvas or Muslim Shi'a imams where they sort of help you from the afterlife?

Veneration of graves doesn't really have the same weight as actually praying for their help, and "hero cult" is a bit vague. And I'm somewhat puzzled as to the actual theological implications of such a cult, since from what I recollect, the Jews of that era ranged from believing in souls being in a stupor in Sheol to even doubting the afterlife alltogether.
>>
>>1562810
Some buddiest pray to bodivesettas
>>
>>1562815
O and i forgot to add

T. Tibetan buddiest
>>
>>1562784
b8
>>
>>1562815
Yeah, that's what I meant. Do we have any signs of the Jews praying for the intercession of those venerated people like you'd pray today as a Catholic, or a Mahayana Buddhist?
>>
>>1562787
I'm glad you're kind go to Hell
>>
>>1562801
Oh right...because the Methodists got this whole Prima thing going on. So now we got a huge chaotic issue over whether Scripture Alone is the authority for matters of faith, or we can also use the authority of reason and tradition?

NT authors who wrote the NT apparently drew from Tradition

So by your own silly logic, Tradition is the Divinely Inspired authority.

So...no more sola scripture or written word as the authority for all matters of faith, you basically showed us through your logic that the Holy Spirit aided the apostles through getting them to write down tradition.

And you know what? That same tradition didn't become merely confined to scripture but became the context to read it
>>
>>1562810
>Cult of imam
Is there really such a thing?
>>
>>1562803
Ahahahaha

Again with the ark. This argument has been slapped down so many times it's not even amusing anymore. Just because God ordered a a specific exception does not mean he was giving license for his followers to do whatever they wanted from then on.
>>
>>1562807
Catholics have been conclusively BTFO in every thread about them.
>>
>>1562827
Jesus wouldn't want that.

I'll be praying for his salvation.
>>
>>1562807
>i don't care what God says i know better
>>
>>1562810
That is the closest to it

Something similar is attested in one of the Deuterocanons if I recall.

We have to go to the 2nd century for clearer signs in the Christian context.

But you are right, the Jews originally never had the concept of an afterlife at first and during that time, they were divided on the issue.

In the NT, Revelations come to mind regarding intercession of saints
>>
>>1562828
>is the authority for matters of faith, or we can also use the authority of reason and tradition?
Scripture is scripture. How you choose to interpret it is between you and the Holy Spirit. Tradition can help you understand something but it is by no means any more authoritative than asking anyone what they personally think.

>So by your own silly logic, Tradition is the Divinely Inspired authority.
Nope. Paul's letters are divinely inspired, but that doesn't mean the conventions of letter writing he drew upon are divine. Likewise, tradition itself wasn't divinely inspired, only what was actually transmitted.
>>
>>1562835

So you just want to show, once more, why your sect is inferior.
>>
>>1562848
Yes because truth is inferior. You papists...
>>
>>1562831
Hence, God contradicted himself

For at first he denies human beings to make graven images then proceeds to pretty much instruct the creation of said images.

So by your logic, God contradicted himself

In fact if we are to follow your logic, architecture and art are idolatry

Even the very existence of photography

Hey....isn't this an imageboard
>>
>all these mental gymnastics when you have to take scripture as a premise
>>
>>1562851

See? I just beat you.
>>
>>1562854
>papist "logic"
Here's your (You)
>>
>>1562852
God contradicted himself
He says you're saved by baptism, and then saves the good thief.
>>
>>1562857

>Still mad about inferiority complex
>>
File: 1428422952189.jpg (6KB, 109x126px) Image search: [Google]
1428422952189.jpg
6KB, 109x126px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigit_of_Kildare

There is some debate over whether St Brigid was a real person. She has the same name, associations and feast day as the Celtic goddess Brigid, and there are many supernatural events, legends and folk customs associated with her.

Some scholars suggest that the saint is merely a Christianization of the goddess. Others suggest that she was a real person who took on the goddess's attributes. Medieval Art Historian Pamela Berger argues that Christian "monks took the ancient figure of the mother goddess and grafted her name and functions onto her Christian counterpart."[4] Professor Dáithí Ó hÓgáin and others suggest that the saint had been chief druidess at the temple of the goddess Brigid.

According to tradition, around 480, Brigid founded a monastery at Kildare (Cill Dara, "church of the oak"), on the site of an older pagan shrine to the Celtic goddess Brigid, served by a group of young women who tended an eternal flame. According to P.W. Joyce, tradition holds that nuns at her monastery kept a sacred eternal flame burning there.

St Brigid is said to have had a female companion named Dar Lugdach, a younger nun whom she shared her bed with. According to tradition, Dar Lugdach succeeded Brigid as abbess of Kildare and, as foretold by Brigit, she died exactly one year after her. The two thus share the same feast day. The name Dar Lugdach means "daughter of the god Lugh"

From the start, it was clear that Brigid is holy. When the druid tried to feed her, she vomited because he is impure. A white cow with red ears appeared to sustain her instead.[11] According to one tale, as a child, she once gave away her mother's entire store of butter. The butter was then replenished in answer to Brigid's prayers
In her Lives, Saint Brigid is portrayed as having the power to multiply such things as butter, bacon and milk, to bestow sheep and cattle and to control the weather.

>w-we're not idolaters, I swear!
>>
>>1562847
Tradition is there to give nodes to understanding Scripture or an angle to approach it. It gives clarity and a guide to discern false and true intepretations. It's why Irenaeus' illiterate Babarians avoided the heresy and can know of it without scripture.

Scripture is so closely connected with Tradition and even arise from it that a statement like "scripture is scripture" is in fact ridiculous and assumes somehow that something different from tradition dropped down from the sky and all that tradition became invalid.

The fact that Paul's and all the other authors of the NT are in fact drawing from oral traditions entail those traditions as Divinely Inspired from God himself with them putting them in the form of writing.

If we follow your dumb logic, the entire Jesus thing is never divinely inspired

Why? Because those were simply traditions that the authors of the NT drew from and wrote down

Then we have the problem of the canon

NOWHERE in Scripture is Scripture ever defined in composition. How does one know?

Oh right...the church basically had to use set criterions to determine them over the false documents popping up

This effectively means the church using tradition to the end of giving us the definition of the books of scripture
>>
>>1562852
>God contradicted himself
Yeah, that's what an exception is.

>By that logic any images are banned, whatever the purpose
Don't be obtuse. Given the context, it's pretty obvious the commandment refers to religious idols.
>>
>>1562860
Except when the thief basically got a baptism of desire at that cross
>>
>>1562883
You basically hence shown the Catholic use of statues and icons to be compatible with the commandment dumbass

The whole commandment against images is made because of the ancient context that the gods somehow dwell in them

But Catholics don't even believe this

Thus if we follow your logic then, ALL images of any kind are wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (295KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295KB, 640x1136px
>>1562878
Explain this
>>
"If I were not a Catholic, and were looking for the true Church in the world today, I would look for the one Church which did not get along well with the world; in other words, I would look for the Church which the world hated. My reason for doing this would be, that if Christ is in any one of the churches of the world today, He must still be hated as He was when He was on earth in the flesh. If you would find Christ today, then find the Church that does not get along with the world. Look for the Church that is hated by the world as Christ was hated by the world. Look for the Church that is accused of being behind the times, as our Lord was accused of being ignorant and never having learned."

"Look for the Church which men sneer at as socially inferior, as they sneered at Our Lord because He came from Nazareth. Look for the Church which is accused of having a devil, as Our Lord was accused of being possessed by Beelzebub, the Prince of Devils. Look for the Church which, in seasons of bigotry, men say must be destroyed in the name of God as men crucified Christ and thought they had done a service to God. Look for the Church which the world rejects because it claims it is infallible, as Pilate rejected Christ because He called Himself the Truth. Look for the Church which is rejected by the world as Our Lord was rejected by men. Look for the Church which amid the confusions of conflicting opinions, its members love as they love Christ, and respect its Voice as the very voice of its Founder, and the suspicion will grow, that if the Church is unpopular with the spirit of the world, then it is unworldly, and if it is unworldly it is other worldly. since it is other-worldly, it is infinitely loved and infinitely hated as was Christ Himself. But only that which is Divine can be infinitely hated and infinitely loved. Therefore the Church is Divine."
>>
File: image.jpg (287KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
287KB, 640x1136px
>>1562878
And this
>>
>>1562893
So if you don't believe Zeus dwells in the statue of Zeus you can pray to it?
>>
>>1562882
"Tradition" only muddys the gospel, it inflates what there is to interpret
>The fact that Paul's and all the other authors of the NT are in fact drawing from oral traditions entail those traditions as Divinely Inspired from God himself with them putting them in the form of writing.
>If we follow your dumb logic, the entire Jesus thing is never divinely inspired
>Why? Because those were simply traditions that the authors of the NT drew from and wrote down
The authors lived through it, retard.
>Then we have the problem of the canon
>NOWHERE in Scripture is Scripture ever defined in composition. How does one know?
>Oh right...the church basically had to use set criterions to determine them over the false documents popping up
>This effectively means the church using tradition to the end of giving us the definition of the books of scripture
This """argument""" is based on an oft repeated strawman of Sola Scriptura. It is scripture as supreme authority not only authority. This is not a problem unless it's a problem for a country to subordinate it's law to it's constitution.
>>
>>1562900
No one prays to the statue you dumb
Imbecile

It's like saying Israelites pray to the ark following your logic
>>
>>1562886
>>1562886
"baptism of desire" is indirectly condemned by Catholic tradition.
>>
.>>1562899
No (You) for you, find them elsewhere.
>>
>>1562906
>kneel before Mary statue
>stare at statue
>pray to Mary
>"I wasn't praying to the statue bro!"
>>
>>1562900
You don't pray to the statue, that's the point.

And yeah, the pre-Christian pagans of Europe did believe that deities literally inhabited a given hill, mountain, spring or a tree, yet Christians came and built churches on those spots, using them for Christian worship. Or the fact that Christianity doesn't have a ban on, for instance, making crosses out of oak wood, which was held sacred by Germanic and Slavic pagans.
>>
>>1562901
Well done, you basically showed us that the thing the apostles drew from muddifies the gospel which is the thing they drew from

How retarded the PROTSHIT must be to defend his own doctrine

The Authors PASSED it down to their successors RETARD

NOWHERE did I even define Sola Scriptura as Scripture being the ONLY authority. It is the highest

So by that logic, any matter of faith must draw its authority from Scripture

So where in Scripture is the definition and composition of the canon? Because I don't see that anywhere in the canon

And even worse, because of context...we know that the Bible doesn't say sola Scriptura

Oh the irony
>>
>>1562893
Only if you pray to them.
>>
File: image.jpg (156KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 640x1136px
>>1562909
Wow...really moron?
>>
>>1562882
>Scripture is so closely connected with Tradition and even arise from it that a statement like "scripture is scripture" is in fact ridiculous and assumes somehow that something different from tradition dropped down from the sky and all that tradition became invalid.
It is not that the tradition became invalid, it is that from the beginning it only had traces of the truth mixed in with superstition, and only that which was actually written into scripture was valid all along.

>The fact that Paul's and all the other authors of the NT are in fact drawing from oral traditions entail those traditions as Divinely Inspired
Again, Paul used the convention of letter writing in his writings, does that mean those traditions of letter writing were divinely inspired, or that Paul was a human living within a certain time frame and his work carries those echoes?

>If we follow your dumb logic, the entire Jesus thing is never divinely inspired
It's in scripture, therefore it is scripture.

>NOWHERE in Scripture is Scripture ever defined in composition. How does one know?
All scripture is useful for instruction. Therefore, if it is not useful for instruction, it is not scripture. Besides, again, tradition is not a priori invalid, but may or may not contain traces of truth as guided by the Holy Spirit. Tradition that contradicts the commandments of God is pretty clearly invalid though
>>
>>1562932
No one prays to statues dipshit

It's there as an aid
>>
>>1562929
>Well done, you basically showed us that the thing the apostles drew from muddifies the gospel
Explain why Marian doctrines don't appear until the 4th century, if that's apostolic tradition
>NOWHERE did I even define Sola Scriptura as Scripture being the ONLY authority. It is the highest
>So by that logic, any matter of faith must draw its authority from Scripture
>So where in Scripture is the definition and composition of the canon? Because I don't see that anywhere in the canon
>And even worse, because of context...we know that the Bible doesn't say sola Scriptura
No constitutions i guess, they must be subordinate to a government.
>>
>>1562708
Really grasping at straws there, lad.
>>
>>1562935
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH5hL0ZshMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPw8aNNX0ds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fey41Swoc54
Enjoy.
>>
>>1562939
That's a retarded excuse, and the OP pretty effectively summarizes why
>>
>>1562939
>statues aid prayer
>not praying to statue
Pick one
>>
>>1562968
The statue is there as a visual representation, to focus our minds.

I actually think it's a pretty great and logical idea. Humans derive knowledge from their senses. Why shouldn't we have visual images to focus our prayer and concentrate our thoughts? It's better than the Protestants who have to imagine everything. Maybe that's why they get so many strange ideas about Christ.
>>
>>1562760
>literally ate his own feces
Did tradition tell you that too?
>>
>>1562937
>>1562937
The amount of retcon here is amazing

How ironic the Protshit have to misrepresent my point and make it look like I am saying the tradition of letter writing is Divinely Inspired.

ITS NOT MORON

The point is what the Apostles drew from was Tradition which determines the context for the written form to be read and interpreted. Oops...this was totally missing from your shitty argument

The odd thing is....by sola Scriptura..no one can even know as shown by Irenaeus telling us about how the heretics can also twist Scripture and make it seem like they are saying something else through the analogy of the Mosiac.

Oops, this escaped your brain apparently.

Also....the very authors of Scripture basically contradict the commandments by use of Nomina Sacra which dates to the 1st century.

Ouch....who knew that Scripture had ironically broken that rule itself!

Also look at how dumb you are. ALL scripture is useful for instruction does not equate to sola Scriptura moron.

It only tells us of what we can use Scripture for. The worse thing is that part of that statement in Timothy does tells us of Tradition through what the Apostles taught
>>
>>1562985
Literally the 2nd commandment
>>
>>1562937
Stop responding to him, all he wants is (You)s
>>
>>1562945
Constitutions have a CONTEXT that surrounds them and the terminology used

They are intepreted by bodies called courts

And in law, CASES are also used as authority

How dumb are you

This is law 101
>>
>>1563000
>draft constitution
>ignore it in favor of contrary cases
>>
>>1562961
It doesn't

Anyone who understands the context of the commandment against images knows that it targets those who think the images are somehow gods or the gods are in them

ITS FUCKING IN THE ANCHOR BIBLE DICKTIONry
>>
>>1562949
No

You deny the use of statues by CATHOLICS who use it to show reverence

Nomina Sacra functions the same way
>>
>>1563006
Dumbo

If you can't into law

Then don't talk about it
>>
>>1563018
>No graven images unless you think it's just an image
I can't find that in my Bible
>>
File: vatican-5.jpg (55KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
vatican-5.jpg
55KB, 402x604px
>>1562648
Why are Protestants so triggered by statues?

It is because northern euros are inherently uncreative and dull. They know they could never replicate the sublime beauty of Catholic statuary.
>>
>>1563030
God sanctions images dipshit
>>
>>1563028
>draft constitution
>court ruling exact opposite of explicit constitutional position
>constitution overturned
>it never really existed
>>
File: image.jpg (317KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
317KB, 640x1136px
>>1562945
There's already a whole primitive Marian devotion before then idiot
>>
>>1563039
We're not. We're triggered by idolatry, what OPs pic shows
>>
Protestants are litteraly jews of christianity
>>
>.>1563049
>>
File: 1457131729468.jpg (40KB, 694x568px) Image search: [Google]
1457131729468.jpg
40KB, 694x568px
>>1563039
Catholic Statuary? You mean the statuary that you took from the greco-romans after you subverted their culture and religion and then destroyed whatever you couldn't subvert?

Fuck you and the protestants too.

REMOVE CHRISTARDS FROM THE PREMISES.
>>
>>1563023
\Except noone worshiped the Nomina Sancra. Your mental gymnastics won't absolve your sins, heretic.
>>
>>1563047
Idiot

Even those who says that tradition cannot contradict scriptures are not sola Scripturists

It's the condition for the coincidence view of ANS Lane to even work and that is not sola Scriptura

Tradition is there as safeguard against perversions to Scripture

and the court basically consults cases if it needs be

FUCKING LAW 101
>>
>>1563052
>said the pharisee
Mark 7
>>
>>1563066
>draft constitution
>constitution overturned
>it never really existed
>>
>>1563057
Nomina Sacra is used to display reverence

It makes certain words different from surrounding words

Catholic statues follow the same end

But these two are idolatry by Protlogic
>>
>>1563080
Again ignoring the point

Showing yet again how stupid protestants are
>>
>>1563069
>literaly made up by guys who accused the papist of being too greedy and wanted to keep their money to themselves
>we shouldn't help the homeless and the poor because god wanted it that way
>>
>>1563056
>tips neopagan transviking helm
>>
>>1563083
>assemble canon
>tradition exact opposite of explicit scriptural position
>scripture overturned
>it never really existed
>>
>>1563086
Mark 7
>>
>>1563094
Dumbo..the Church Tradition by definition does not contradict scripture

How idiotic are you

The canon itself was only recognized because of set criterions which are essentially Other than scripture itself

Even worse is how the Bible the Church got is by de facto, attached with tradition and shaped by it

The irony
>>
>>1563103
t. predestinator
>>
>>1563110
>draft constitution
>constitution overturned
>it never really existed
>>
>>1563118
>Protshit owned and schooled in law 101
>repeats shit already debunked and addressed
>>
File: image.jpg (292KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292KB, 640x1136px
Protestants explain
>>
>>1563086
this
>yfw it was the proddies who justified usury
>>
File: image.jpg (304KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304KB, 640x1136px
Can protestants even recover?
>>
>>1563123
>.>1563126
>.>1563132
>draft constitution
>constitution overturned
>it never really existed
>>
>>1563138
You dumbshit, if any this situation applies to Protestant Sola Scriptura which contradicts the constitution of the Church throughout the ante Nicene period

Where is sola Scriptura? Where is sola Fide?

Where are the saints not venerated?

Oh right, everyone got it wrong until
Protshits arrived

And they can't even tell us which is right!

The irony
>>
>>1563081
Are you legitimately retarded? Protestants have no problems with religious art, it's only idolatry when you're worshiping said art. Like what catholics are doing.
>>
>>1563147
>draft constitution
>constitution overturned
>it never really existed
>>
>>1562648
She is the mother of God. Soooo I get it. Hey OP what came first the egg or the chicken?
>>
File: absolutely-disgusting.jpg.jpg (124KB, 605x455px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-disgusting.jpg.jpg
124KB, 605x455px
>protestants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BCnster_Rebellion

>. The 25-year old John of Leiden was subsequently recognized as Matthys' religious and political successor, justifying his authority and actions by the receipt of visions from heaven. His authority grew, eventually proclaiming himself to be the successor of David and adopting royal regalia, honors and absolute power in the new "Zion". There were at least three times as many women of marriageable age as men now in the town and he legalized polygamy and himself took sixteen wives.
>>
>>1563164
And still doesn't go as far as popes
Also Protestant isn't codeword for "everything that isn't catholic or orthodox"
>>
File: image.jpg (310KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310KB, 640x1136px
>>1563154
The Nomina sacra isn't just "art" it's functions were inspired by the way JEWS TREAT THE WORD YAHWEH

Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
>>1563156
Protestants do this as I had pointed out and shown very clearly ITT

In fact, none has addressed any one of my arguments
>>
>>1563183
So you admit you're a Jew?
>>
>.>1563186
If you want a (You), improve your b8
>>
>>1563188
So the Early Christians who translated those Scriptures are JEWS

WOW PROT LOGIC 101
>>
>>1563204
>draft constitution
>constitution overturned
>it never really existed
>>
>>1563147

So sad you need someone to tell you what is right.

So sad you believe the most evil people on earth about what is right.
>>
File: image.jpg (279KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279KB, 640x1136px
>>1563191
Explain this
>>
>1563219
You really hate that, don't you
:^)
>>
>>1563213
>Literally everyone was void of the Holy Spirit for 1500 years
>>
>>1563213
You mean like how the bible is so divinely inspired and so easy to read when enlightened by the holy shit, everyone got it wrong until the PROTSHITS who can't even agree with each other came along?

That is pure mental retardation
>>
>>1563224
Suck my cock
>>
>>1563227
>>1563226
>draft constitution
>constitution overturned
>it never really existed
>>
File: image.jpg (305KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 640x1136px
>>1563210
Funny how protestants do this
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 640x1136px
>>1563235
Isn't it funny how in the face of facts and History, the Protshits are reduced to autists?
>>
>>1563238
For the love of God papist, look up the King Follet discourse
>>
>>1563183
How does that excuse catholic idolatry? Face it, you're going to hell, bud.
>>
>1563242
>>
>>1563253
That's what Protshits do!

>>1563254
Wow...the reverence is given to the name "Jesus" and the words ala JEWISH TRADITION IS CONSIDERED SACRED

Wow

You can't be this retarded
>>
File: image.jpg (201KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201KB, 640x1136px
>>1563255
Proving my point

I dish out academic sources while Protshits whine like SJW babies
>>
>1563282
:^)
>>
>>1563226
That's a catholic lie.

There were holy spirit filled christians on Pentecost 32 AD.

There were no catholics until 325 AD.

And there are virtually zero Holy Spirit filled Catholics alive today, or ever.

Because you forgot, Martin Luther was a catholic friar. And then an excommunicated catholic friar. And is likely in Hades right now.
>>
>>1563227
As the catholics to this day cannot explain the bible in the most obvious cases, and have changed their bible into a pit of blasphemy, abominations and lies, your point is not well taken.

People harmoniously believing the lies from the most evil institution on earth, the Vatican, is not in God's will.
>>
>>1563321
>And is likely in Hades right now
KEK
>>
>>1563282
No, you're just making an ass out of yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (283KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283KB, 640x1136px
>>1563321
Is Ignatius a Holy Spirit filled christian?
>>
>>1563330
You don't get to be virulently anti-semetic and catholic without being evil, and I see nothing in Luther's life that leads me to believe he was ever saved.

Which of course is a foreign concept to you, as you have no idea what salvation is, or what the gospel is, or what the bible says on the matters.
>>
>>1563327
Isn't that what protestants do?

They make the bible so dumb, it makes it fallible as it says evolution and an old universe is wrong
>>
>>1563334
What book of the bible did he write?

What's that? None of them?

I'll stick to the Holy Spirit inspired writings; you can follow your overlords into hell for all I care.

Seriously.
>>
>>1562841

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

>look at me I'm praying for your salvation you should notice how virtuous I am

Matthew 6: 5-6

>>1562827

You're retarded.
>>
>>1563341
Both are wrong; both are lies from the pit of hell. And both lies are propagated by the whore.
>>
>>1563332
>posts academic sources
>repel Prot whinings
>only one ITT with academic sources

It seems that to Protniggers, scholarship is shitting on one's pants

The irony
>>
>>1563350
>Resorts to logical fallacy "appeal to authority".
>Appeals to a lesser authority than God's Word.
>>
>>1563344
So there are CATHOLICS BEFORE THE FOURTH CENTURY

LEL

YOU LIED
>>
>>1563355
YOU DUMBASS

ACADEMIC SOURCES ARE NOT APPEALS TO AUTHORITY FALLACY
>>
>>1563349
Where can I find proof of God?
>>
>>1563356
Catholics are members of the Roman Catholic Church. You cannot be a member of something that is not yet instituted.

And your proto-Catholics are just as evil as the Catholics, so, no. Mob mentality and the Kingdom of God are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>1563360
The very definition of that very logical fallacy.
>>
>>1563362
Facing Him on Judgment Day.
>>
>>1563364
So there are CATHOLICS BEFORE THE FOURTH CENTURY

KEKEKEKEKE
>>
>>1563374
In the 4th century, yes.

Hundreds of years after there were Christians.
>>
>>1563367
>every academic who cites sources commit fallacy when they do so

Protlogic 101
>>
>>1563378
Ignatius existed at the beginning of the second century idiot
>>
>>1563374
Do you know what "proto-" means?
>>
>>1563379
You've clearly never dealt with any academics.
>>
File: image.jpg (293KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293KB, 640x1136px
>>1563378
Explain this
>>
>>1563327
>changed their bible into a pit of blasphemy, abominations and lies

even if this were true, it wouldn't matter. Besides, how many different Protestant versions and translations are there? Luther himself tried to erase big parts of the bible cause they contradicted his ideas.

It's just a book in the end, it can't save you. Concern yourself with Christs living presence and the combat against sin.

Protestants literally worship the bible and then call Catholics idolators.
>>
>>1563381
So what? What book of the bible did he write?
>>
>>1563385
Is that why I am the only one dishing out such sources?

Protniggers cannot into scholarship
>>
>>1563386
There's nothing there worth reading.
>>
>>1563391
Lelelelelelelel

He's just a heretic
>>
>>1563390
>even if this were true, it wouldn't matter.

The very heart of the Catholic Church. Even if it is an evil abomination before God, it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>1563393
Your sources are inferior to the bible.

And usually mutually exclusive.
>>
>>1563399
Who, Ignatius? What is that to me?
>>
>>1563400

The Catholic Church literally compiled the book you worship.

It's literally just a book, there are infinitely more important things than the bible for the Christian.

Reading the bible is not and has never been essential for individual salvation.
>>
>>1563398
>a board about history
>posts history
>doesn't care
Fuck off
>>
>>1563402
My sources are what the Bible says

Yours is a Satanic deceit meant to make scripture dumb
>>
>>1563409
It literally did not, as it did not come into existence until centuries after each and every book in the bible was written.

The only important things about being a Christian are in the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God; there is nothing outside that matters.

You would not know what salvation is, much less how to obtain it, but for the bible.

which is why you are lost
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 640x1136px
>>1563404
Why does Paul say this...
>>
>>1563410
It's a religion thread, and a papist tried to use popery to make a point about Christianity, about which he knows nothing.
>>
>>1563414
I have yet to see you post one single bible verse.
>>
>>1563400

Christ literally dwells within the heart of his Church.

Do not defame his temple.
>>
>>1563418
Where in the bible is the list of the books of the bible?
>>
>>1563421
Religion discussed in an academic context dumbo

>>1563424
Yawn, I already beaten you
>>
>>1563426
Table of contents
>>
File: image.jpg (206KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 640x1136px
Funny isn't it
>>
>>1563420
He doesn't.

Your evil bible has put words in his mouth.

1 Corinthians 10
Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry. I speak as to wise men; judge for yourselves what I say. The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.

So, you. Flee from idolatry.
>>
>>1563435
WHAT THE FUCK?

HOW RETARDED ARE YOU?
>>
>>1563425
No, He literally does not. He has a body, and He is in the third heaven.

You know nothing about Him, and you do not know Him, at all.
>>
>>1563418
>as it did not come into existence until centuries after each and every book in the bible was written.

no shit, what did you think I meant by compiled?

>You would not know what salvation is, much less how to obtain it, but for the bible.

You realize that Christ literally offered us salvation several hundred years before the bible was compiled, right?

It is not necessary. You do not need to know how to read to be a Christian.

You do not know me.
>>
>>1563426
Usually in the first few pages.
>>
>>1563437
So we must flee from the protestant idolatry
>>
>>1563429
Are you 12?
>>
>>1563445
People had all 66 books centuries prior to Catholicism.

Are you autistic?
>>
>>1563443
>You know nothing about Him, and you do not know Him, at all.

speak for yourself
>>
>>1563454
Not according to irenaeus>>1563386
>>
>>1563445
No, He offered us salvation a year or so before the New Testament was being reduced to writing; He was slain before the creation of the world, and half of the bible was written from 1500 BC to 400 BC.

It's as though you know nothing of this topic.
>>
>>1563454

People had a lot more books than that, but not all of them are in the bible now are they?
>>
>>1563449
There are no protestants left; they'd be, what, 500 years old by now.

They were all catholics.

Martin Luther was a catholic.
>>
>>1563457
I do speak for myself, as I do know Him, and He knows me.
>>
>>1563454
It should be observed that the Old Testament thus admitted as authoritative in the Church was somewhat bulkier and more comprehensive than the [Protestant Old Testament] . . . It always included, though with varying degrees of recognition, the so-called Apocrypha or Deutero-canonical books. The reason for this is that the Old Testament which passed in the first instance into the hands of Christians was . . . the Greek translation known as the Septuagint. .. . most of the Scriptural quotations found in the New Testament are based upon it rather than the Hebrew.. . . In the first two centuries. . . the Church seems to have accepted all, or most of, these additional books as inspired and to have treated them without question as Scripture. Quotations from Wisdom, for example, occur in 1 Clement and Barnabas. . . Polycarp cites Tobit, and the Didache [cites] Ecclesiasticus. Irenaeus refers to Wisdom, the History of Susannah, Bel and the Dragon [i.e., the Deuterocanonical portions of Daniel], and Baruch. The use made of the Apocrypha by Tertullian, Hippolytus, Cyprian and Clement of Alexandria is too frequent for detailed references to be necessary" (JND Kelly, Early Christian Doctrines, 53-54).
>>
>>1563460

do you know what the word "compiled" means?

I think you are 14.
>>
>>1563459
Which books of the bible did he write again?
>>
>>1563468
So protestants accept tradition and scripture?
>>
>>1563467
Yes, there are more books in the world than the 66 inspired by God.

Well reasoned.
>>
File: 23.jpg (17KB, 228x317px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
17KB, 228x317px
>fricking protties
>>
>>1563473
Never return to whatever webpage you copied this from.
>>
File: PrCindy.png (879KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
PrCindy.png
879KB, 528x792px
>Ch*rch of Martin Luther
>>
>>1563480
Is that why Church Fathers cite deuterocanons as scripture too?
>>
>>1563474
You're an idiot.

I bake 66 donuts.

You come along and put them in a box.

Which is the more important fact? The writing and inspiration of the 66 books?

Or your box?
>>
>>1563418
>The only important things about being a Christian are in the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God; there is nothing outside that matters.

>Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.
John 21:25

So we'll never know all the other things Jesus said, but these don't matter anyway?
>>
>>1563478
I think I said quite clearly that they're all dead by now.
>>
>>1563483
You mean from the scholarship of Oxford?

How dumb can you get
>>
>>1563486
What books of the bible did these church fathers write again?
>>
>>1563493
Like you are dead heretic
>>
>>1563482
>>1563485
Shouldn't you be sucking on muslim raperefugee feet?
>>
>>1563489
What is in the bible suffices for a thousand lifetimes.
>>
>>1563498
Without them

No canon
>>
>>1563495
If that's where that is from, yes. You really do love your appeal to authority fallacy, don't you.
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 640x1136px
Protestants explain
>>
>>1563499
I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, and you are a Catholic.

one of is indeed dead
>>
>>1563507
Citing acDemic sources ain't fallacy stupid
>>
>>1563504
So they didn't write any books of the bible? They're just book collectors?
>>
protties 4 lyfe
>>
>>1563510
I am the new creation

You Re the heretix as scripture and history shows
>>
>>1563509
Can't you read and understand things on your own?
>>
>>1563512
Of course it is. You really are incapable of independent thought, aren't you.
>>
>>1563517
SEAN KINGSTON

READY TO PRAISSEE JAYSUS
>>
>>1563518
You don't even know what that means.
>>
>>1563521
It isn't

Even the definition of the fallacy itself makes it clear

GET LOGICKED BITCH
>>
File: meganrohrer3.gif (22KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
meganrohrer3.gif
22KB, 200x285px
>mfw when a prottie worships martin luther near me
>>
>>1563509
>iphone

If I could kill you I would.
>>
>>1563513
They got the book from the apostles

They are on my
Side
>>
>>1563534
>buttmad prottie

I would be buttraping you
>>
>>1563532
That's the thing, we not only don't worship him, we consider him just a faulty man and know he made many errors (several of which he even admitted).

So when a Catholic insults Martin Luther they LITERALLY think it makes us butthurt but it doesn't since we don't make him into a demigod like you do with your saints.
>>
>>1563541
>iphone owner

You don't deserve a proper reply.
>>
>>1563541
Sodomite
>>
>>1563543
>dude our pastors can marry because martin luther did lmao

why does your "church" follow in his footsteps then? american protestants are literal outcasts who have more in line with mormons than they do Christianity.
>>
>>1563555
>catholics
>christian
Fucking lol
>>
>>1562906
>>1562927
So if you pray to Zeus who is on Mt. Olympus, but in front of a statue of him because that's his place of worship, it's okay in the bible right?
>>
>>1563546
>>1563548
A bunch of Protties think they can rape me

But I castrated all of them ITT
>>
>>1563566
The odd thing is...we can say the same about the Israelites and the Ark

Funny isn't it your stupid retcon
>>
>>1563566
Also misrepresenting my point
>>
>>1563555
Our pastors can marry because the Bible permits it. 1 Corinthians 7:8-9. It's better for a man to marry than to let his sexual frustration grow and end up diddling little boys like your clergy does.

>American protestants
Where did that come from? I'm European. Moreover a vast majority of Protestants in America are not even Lutheran so you're either memeing or just a retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 640x1136px
>>1563565
Can you explain this
>>
>>1563568
You gooks are wierd
>>
>>1563582
But Protesturd is still fake and gay by Historical standards
>>
>>1563584
Which books of the bible did they write again?
>>
>>1563588
Do you like my academic sources and arguments?
>>
>>1563590
Start making coherent posts, then we'll talk.
>>
>>1563595
They are on my side mother fucker
>>
>>1563565

>>1562898
>>
>>1563596
Not a big fan of shitposting, no.
>>
>>1563531
Yes, there's no reason to suspect your catholic "experts" know anything about the bible, as the bible is spiritually discerned, and your catholic experts are spiritually dead lost people.

See? logical fallacy
>>
>>1563597
I already did time and time again

Oh...I wonder where did I misrepresent

Oh right...you are just a faggot Protshit with nothing to say

I don't see you citing academic sources like I do
>>
>>1563537
I have the book too.

But I actually read and understand it.

What was that you did again? Listen to them about what it says?
>>
>>1563599
>Catholics
>not getting along with the world
Fucking LOL
>>
>>1563602
Eat shit
>>
>>1563606
I did and I saw how absurd Protshits are
>>
>>1563605
>I don't see you citing academic sources like I do

Description of Appeal to Authority

An Appeal to Authority is a fallacy with the following form:

Person A is (claimed to be) an authority on subject S.
Person A makes claim C about subject S.
Therefore, C is true.
>>
>>1563603
They are largely PROTESTANT SCHOLARS
>>
>>1563617

You are a sad, strange little man.
>>
>>1563605
>I already did time and time again

I've yet to see one. You even claimed that Protestants marry to emulate Martin Luther so you're scripturally illiterate and uneducated to boot and a shitposter on top of it.
>>
>>1563350
This ain't science. There is no more information to be gained if you've read scripture, only interpretations.

The entire job of religious """"""""""scholars"""""""""" is to twist logic to confuse people into agreeing with them. You say a bunch of bullshit about how early Christians in the first century acted similarly to Catholics. I point to the second commandment, and what it actually says.
>>
>>1563620
When I appeal to one of them, please feel free to show my hypocrisy.
>>
>>1563607
It certainly had enemies all the time.
>>
>>1563605
The person in question is not significantly biased.
If an expert is significantly biased then the claims he makes within his are of bias will be less reliable. Since a biased expert will not be reliable, an Argument from Authority based on a biased expert will be fallacious. This is because the evidence will not justify accepting the claim.
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 640x1136px
>>1563619
Eat shit dumbo
>>
>>1563629
Sodomites, muslims and Jews aren't one of em. Not any more.
>>
>>1563636
Your favorite fallacy is being renamed?

kek

Do you think maybe catholic "experts" are biased?
>>
>>1563624
>Protshits marry to emulate luther
>no citations
Wow

How stupid you are
>>
>>1563636
Argument from Unreliable Authority should be an exclusively Catholic fallacy.
>>
>>1563642
He's just pretending to be retarded. He got us all good.
>>
>>1563635
THIS IS WHY I CONSULT SECULAR SCHOLARSHIP IDIOT
>>
>>1563642
See >>1563555
>>
>>1563639
Age of Enlightenment, modernism, many more.
>>
>>1563625
The scholars I cited are secular and largely PROTESTANT

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT
>>
>>1563641
IT'S NOT DIPSHIT

ITS ONLY CLARIFICATION THAT ACADEMIC SOURCES RELEVANT TO THE SUBJECT CAN BE CITED
>>
>>1563619
That's only if they make the claim based only on someone's authority. This guy is posting the actual arguments.

That said, the arguments are pants-on-head retarded and not worth reading
>>
>>1563656
"Who am i to judge?" said the Pope, as he lit the menorah and traded Christian refugees for muslim invaders
>>
>>1563654
You DUMBFUCK

That isn't mine
>>
>>1563650
Yes, and the things of God are spiritually discerned, meaning your secular scholars cannot grasp them.

Nor can you.
>>
>>1563662
>>1563645
>>
>>1563645
Scholarship is NOT unreliable source dimwit
>>
>>1563663
That's the definition of the fallacy. And yes, pants on head retarded sums up this catholic quite well.
>>
>>1563670
No one can know anything

God hides the truth and deceives
>>
>>1563665
Yes it is. Don't even try to pretend otherwise.
>>
>>1563648
Wow

WHERE DID I MISREPRESENT MY SOURCES

I am waiting
>>
>>1563673
For the things of God, it absolutely is.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
>>
>>1563678
From the children of satan, sure. From me, no.
>>
>>1563683
DUMB PROTNIGGER

YOU ARE SIMPLY
JUST AVOIDING THE ARGUMENT LIKE THE COWARD YOU ARE
>>
>>1563685
You got us all so good by pretending to be so retarded. Good day for you. Many lulz.
>>
>>1563691
The love and grace of Christ Jesus just flow through all of your posts.
>>
>>1563691
>typing in caps

You can't possibly be any madder if you tried. You're American aren't you?
>>
>>1563690
>God
>universe sixK yrs old
>make it such that it looks much more older

GOD THE DECEIVER WORSHIPPED BY PROTESTANTS
>>
>>1563692
I wish he was pretending. He does this every thread.
>>
>>1562686

>I'm so fucking close-minded that I can't accept that God may be okay with some things
>>
>>1563689
Is this why Protniggers cannot agree with each other on matters of faith?
>>
>>1563697
Suck my cock
>>
>>1563704
>I am so dumb I hate scholarship
>>
>>1562744

>early Christians were wrong
>the people who fucking founded and spread the religion are wrong
>what we made centuries later isn't
>>
>>1563707
>this meme again
>>
>>1563699
Protshits confirmed for mentally ill

>so delusional
>no proper justification for rejection of scholarship
>redefine fallacies
>>
>>1563710
>early Christians were wrong

Many were, Paul explicitly mentions them.
>>
>>1563699
He's Malaysian
>>
>>1563658
Because they're wrong? Just being Protestant doesn't mean you have to argue in favor of your churches stance. We're not catholikeks, who have to agree with the pope and find evidence to support a foregone conclusion.

Scripture supersedes everything else, and there's nothing in scripture that would support your idolatrous views. Find me evidence of Christians kneeling and praying to statues while Christ was alive, (or Jews before,) and I'll be convinced. Otherwise you're still a filthy heretic, and so was everyone who has ever done it.
>>
>>1562697
>Literally can't understand satirical ironic sarcasm
>>
>>1563717
I'm not even sure what "scholarship" you're talking about, I've only see you post shit in caps and insult people like a spastic. Are you having an aneurysm?
>>
>>1563714
That isn't even a meme

It's a fact!

IS there free will or not?
DO I really eat the flesh and blood of Christ or not?
Is bread and wine really flesh
And blood of Christ?
Christ died for all or for a few?
>>
>>1562666
>666
Damn you Satan
Almost believed your deception
>>
>>1563726
You fucktard I posted throughout this thread for all to see
>>
>>1563728
Are you literally fucking retarded?
>>
>>1563702
It doesn't look old to me.
>>
>>1563704
When your enemy goes to ground, leave no ground for him to go to.
>>
>>1563742
ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?

Any HISTORYBOOK WILL SHOW YOU THE DISPUTES BETWEEN PROTESTANTS DURING THE REFORMERS
TIME
>>
>>1563707
Have you ever met a Christian?
>>
>>1563708
More of that grace and truth that came into the world with the Son of God.

>By their fruits you will know them.
>>
>>1563740
Where? None of your replies to me were even coherent, let alone sholarly.
>>
>>1563722
>scholarship
>wrong
>because they disagree with my worldview

Well done delusional shithead
>>
>>1563753
Is Malaysia really this bad?
>>
>>1563756
>being this delusional
>ignores screenshots from books
>doesn't bother to read
Shows how dishonest Protshits are
>>
>>1563753
This website is 18+ only
>>
>>1563763
>so delusional
>I ignore the most basic of facts
>>
>>1563543
>Catholics making demigods out of saint

How fucking retarded and/or ignorant can a comment get?
>>
>>1563768
ITT Protesturds show how their brains are no better than a child's
>>
>>1563765
What screenshots? What the fuck are you even babbling about, I arrived in this thread 10 minutes ago to correct your Luther disinfo and you started calling me a nigger out of nowhere.
>>
>>1563782
STUPID NIGGER

I HARDLY MENTIONED LUTHER AT ALL IN ANY OF MY POSTS
>>
>>1563761
Like I said, if you can show me evidence, any evidence at all, that kneeling before and praying to a statue wasn't considered idolatry at the time of Jesus Christ, I will accept that as a reasonable argument.

But you haven't, because there isn't any. You are defending the degeneration of the church.
>>
>>1563785
Then stop replying to me and pretending you're someone you're not. And calling someone a nigger isn't really Christian.
>>
>>1563763
What do you expect from non-whites?
>>
>>1563788
DUMBO I LITERALLY CITED A SOURCE FROM A BAPTIST SCHOLAR DETAILING VENERATION OF OT PATRIARCHS BY JEWS DURING THE TIME OF CHRIST

I EVEN POSTED EVIDENCE FOR VENERATION OF MARTYRS
>>
>>1563718

Okay, I made a mistake there.

I meant Christian founders. Like, the ones that sat down and said "we're gonna make the rules", like literally the 12 Apostles.
>>
>>1563802
How's middle school?
>>
>>1563795
FUCK OFF

YOU
HYPOCRITE

PROTNIGGERS ARE THE ONES DENYING ACADEMIC SOURCES AND CALLING LUTHER A CATHOLIC AND HERE YOU ARE FALSELY
ACCUSING ME ALL BECAUSE OF ALL THE FACTS I POSTED
>>
>>1563802
>>1562724
>>1562784
>>
>>1563809
I was talking about Luther and only about Luther. Either you're confusing me with someone else or you're actually stupid.
>>
>>1563807
OH FUCK OFF WHEN YOU CANT EVEN CITE AN ACADEMIC SOURCE
OR CHURCH FATHER
>>
>>1563820
THEN DONT REPLY TO ME DIPSHIT

I HARDLY MENTIONED THAT IDIOT
>>
>>1563828
You replied to me first. Leave me the fuck alone you annoying retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (293KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293KB, 640x1136px
PROTNIGGERS EXPLAIN
>>
>>1563802
I visit my grandmothers grave all the time, kid.

I don't kneel in front of it and ask her for things though, and there's no mention of anything like that in your sources.

No, asking statues for things seems to just be a catholic/early Christian thing.
>>
>>1563830
ALL I SAID WAS PROTNIGGERS ARE WRONG BY HISTORICAL STANDARDS MORON
>>
>>1563833
Do you understand how the Protestants understand "good works"? They aren't saying "it's okay if you don't do good works." They're saying "good works are an inherent RESULT but not the CAUSE of salvation".
>>
>>1563840
Don't think historical standards are relevant in any way.
>>
>>1563840
What a fucking autist

Glad I left catholicism
>>
>>1563838
HOW ILLITERATE ARE YOU?

Protestants don't treat remains of dead martyrs as Holy or worth more than gold

Protestants do not FEED DEAD OR REQUEST PRAYERS FROM DEPARTED OR THE OT PATRIARCHS
>>
>>1563852
>Protestants don't treat remains of dead martyrs as Holy

That's correct because we aren't a bunch of necromancer pagans.
>>
>>1563848
SHOW ME A CHURCH FATHER BELIEVING IN SOLA FIDE

I AM WAITING
>>
>>1563845
Clement does not imply that AT ALL. His statement on works is a warning against
Being lazy after being justified by faith

Works are also of the person's own akin to God creating shit

That's incompatible with SOLA FIDE
>>
>>1563859
You proven my point dipshit

I shown evidence of Jews venerating the dead and OT patriarchs

You shown nothing
>>
>>1563846
THEN FUCK OFF THIS BOARD
>>
>>1563882
Nah, you fuck off. Only Scriptures are important, what some bearded nigger in a 3rd century Egyptian oasis thought is irrelevant.
>>
>>1563886
YOU DUMBFUCK

PROTNIGGERS ALL DENY HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY AND BIBLE

WHY?

BECAUSE ALL ACADEMIC SOURCES ON THE MATTER PROVES THEM WRONG
>>
>>1563874
Who cares about Clement. James is saying that faith without works is dead simply because it's not faith. You treat faith and works as if they're two separate things that lead you to salvation which isn't correct at all.

>implying you can be saved out of your own will

That's unbiblical.
>>
>>1563898
Desert fathers were heretics, Clement was a heretic, John of Damascus was a heretic and you're a heretic too. You're the kind of fuckers Paul warned us about.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 640x1136px
>>1563899
The Bible makes clear free will

Hence people get saved of their own will

James says faith without works is dead because that is just being lazy and belief is NOT enough. ONE MUST LIVE THE FAITH

This is also why Paul uses analogies that make clear the need for effort in salvation. One must hold onto the freedom given. One works out salvation in FEAR AND TREMBLING

THESE LANGUAGE MAKES CLEAR EFFORT OF ONE OWN WILL IS NEEDED
>>
>>1563910
Proving my point yet again

I EVEN RESTRICT MY CITATION OF FATHERS TO THE ANTE NICENE PERIOD
>>
>>1562648
>Claims to be Christian
>Is protestant, a non Christian religion
>misinterpret every verse in the bible.
>Remove books from holy scripture.
When will protestants realize that they will never achieve salvation and that hell is waiting for them?
>>
S = Satan
Jesus - s = Jeu = Jew
Jews have no hell
Thank you, give me my PhD in theology now.
>>
>>1563927
WHO CARES RETARD

CHURCH HERESY WAS ALREADY HAPPENING BY 50 AD RETARD, AS EVIDENCED BY PAUL OF TARSUS
>>
>>1563933
JESUS FAILED TO GUIDE HIS CHURCH

HE ADBANDONED IT
>>
TFW I school ALL PROTNIGGERS ITT
>>
>>1563799
PROTNIGGERS SO DUMB CAN'T REFUTE ME
>>
Every Catholic argument I have seen boils down to one of the following
>But Catholicism is older so it's right
>But this dead Catholic guy said this so it's right
>muh tradition
>heretic XDD
and lastly
>Mysterious ways
And whenever they're refute, in even the slightest manner, they either switch to a different one or stick their fingers in their ears. It's pathetic.
>>
>>1563964
Is that why Protnigger cannot cite church fathers and academic sources?

I singlehandedly BTFO ALL PROTNIGGERS ITT
>>
This thread is evidence that Protestants are retarded.
>>
>>1563972
Okay dude, if pretending you're cannibalizing Jesus and worshiping men before God makes you feel saved, continue to do so. It does me no harm.
>>
>>1563981
NT scholars agree that Paul's view of the so called Lord's Supper involves participant's participating in a re-presentation of Christ's death and a foretaste of the new creation

Stay mad
>>
a. 1 Cor 11:17–34.
From a literary standpoint the oldest account of the institution of the Lord‘s
Supper is found in 1 Cor 11:23–26. Paul reports the account essentially in the form in which he had
learned to know it in Antioch in the 40‘s and as he had passed it on to the Corinthians when he established
the church there. The traditional words ―receive‖ and ―deliver‖ (paralambanein and paradidonai) in v 23a
are well known in the scholarly language of Rabbinism (cf. Midr. Qoh. 12:11) and of Hellenism (Diod.
5.2,3). They clearly indicate that the vv 23b–25 are a fragment of tradition (possibly with some Pauline
touches). ―From the kyrios‖ points to the earthly Jesus as the source of this catena of traditional elements.
At the same time he is seen as the present exalted Lord who gives the sacrament its permanent validity.
The rather scanty reference to the historic event of the passion in v 23b (―on the night when he was
betrayed‖) sets the words of Institution off from the timeless, cyclic myths and formulae of the Mysteries.

The traditional text lays out another aspect of the meal in which the breaking of the bread at the
beginning of the meal and the blessing of the cup at the end (cf. 11:25a ―in the same way also the cup,
after supper‖) surround the main meal. The words ―for you,‖ spoken at the breaking of the bread, are
addressed to the participants of the Lord‘s Supper; they draw them into participation of the salvatory self sacrifice
of Jesus. The contents of the cup in v 25b are not directly identified as the blood. Rather, in the
foreground stands the sealing of the eschatological new covenant in the death on the cross. Besides its
vertical dimension (the God of the covenant creating a new people), this covenant has a horizontal aspect:
the celebrants are brought together into covenant community.

Anchor Bible Dictionary-Lord's Supper, pg 5363
>>
>>1563989
>>1563997
That wasn't the meaning of my insult, m8.
>>
>>1563862
Hahahaha

The great thing about being Protestant is I can pick and choose what I agree with.

I am attacking your blasphemous worship of statues, and nothing else.
>>
ITT: catholic gets triggered, posts a bunch of irrelevant nonsense, claims he won in all caps
>>
>>1564115
PROTESTURDS LOSE AND CANNOT WIN

PROTNIGGER BELIEVES EARLY CHRISTIAN TO BE IDOLATIERS
>>
>>1564122
ITT. PROTNIGGERS BTFO BY SCHOLARSHIP AND LOGIC
>>
File: 1467736486985.jpg (36KB, 512x523px) Image search: [Google]
1467736486985.jpg
36KB, 512x523px
>>1564345
>Catholicism
>Logic
Good one, man.
>>
>>1564379
In None of my posts DO I EVER DEFEND CATHOLICISM

I ONLY SHOW HOW ILLEGITIMATE PROTSHITS ARE VIA HISTORY
>>
>>1563663
>sees arguments
>sees academic sources
>scared as fuck that cannot answer
Thread posts: 390
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.