[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good books on the Russian settlement of Siberia? I cant find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Any good books on the Russian settlement of Siberia? I cant find too much online.

I'm particularly interested in what it was like for the first wave of Russian peasantsand Cossacks to settle in Siberia , it seems pretty wild-westish.

If anyone has any good fiction book or movie recs then that would be great as well
>>
>>1561281
They and the Qing Manchus were tagteaming against the Oirat Mongols.
>>
>>1561294
yeah this is another interesting area, how did the chinese deal with these russians suddenly just turning up on the borderlands they'd been sharing with mongols, turks and whatever for thousands of years?
>>
>>1561307
They didn't.

Or at least they sucked at dealing with the Russians for a while. The Ruskies would built timber and mud star forts and hold off Chinese armies an order of magnitude bigger. Though the Chinese did win through hard work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Russian_border_conflicts
>>
>>1561360
interesting, I wouldn't have expected the chinese to win at all, but I guess if it comes down to a sheer numbers game hordes of qing peasants will win against cossacks, who could never have too large an army
>>
>>1561281
A History of the Peoples of Siberia, by James Forsyth.
Focus is on the indigenous peoples, but as it goes in-depth about the settlement of ethnic Russians and the history of some particular fortress town, it might still offer what you're looking for.
>>
>>1561566
Thanks, kind of seems what I'm looking for
>>
File: Qing Dynasty Cavalryman.jpg (211KB, 741x901px) Image search: [Google]
Qing Dynasty Cavalryman.jpg
211KB, 741x901px
>>1561425
>I wouldn't have expected the chinese to win at all
>The Early Qing
>Pushovers
You're talking of the country that will spend the 1700s finally putting down Mongols & Central Asian nomadshittery.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.